Need House In Chiang Mai

KayCee

We're moving to Chiang Mai in early July, and are looking for a large house with a big compound in Chiang Mai. We'd prefer to be on the north/northeast side of town. We're looking for an unfurnished 5-7 bedroom house with at least 1500 sq meters of land. If anyone knows of a suitable place, we'd love to hear about it!

Moved to the Chiang Mai forum for local input.

Thank you so much. As a complete newbie to Thaivisa I wasn't sure where to post the question. :)

You're welcome and welcome to the Chiang Mai forum. There are several topics running on rental in this forum that you might browse for while waiting other members to reply.

I do have a house listed on Thaivisa for rent. Its a 4 bedroom/4 bath lana style teak house near Bosang, on 1 rai of lawn/gardens. It does come furnished, however. I can supply more pictures of it, if yo are interested.

Edited by Dean1953

Dean, thank you so much, but I think with our family size, including an elderly parent who will likely live with us for part of the year, we will really need the 5th bedroom.

Rama, I've answered your private message! :)

Thanks for the links to the various classifieds too, we're eagerly going through them!

One of our older kids is in Chiang Mai for a few weeks until she goes back to school and can go and see whatever may be available, so I hope we can find something soon.

may i recommend for you? pls contact me by private e-mail cause have some pictures and large file can not attach here ...thanks --- my email < email address removed >

Use PM function.

Edited by metisdead
Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we're 3+ weeks from our arrival in beautiful Chiang Mai, and the house we thought we liked and that was available, is now very suddenly not available!

So! Bumping this up to the top in case anyone has any good leads on a house that might be suitable for our somewhat large family, and 3 dogs who have travelled with us from country to country and are now ready to retire in their old age, along with us, in Chiang Mai!

We have a very fine house ,single story, 4 bedrooms,1 office,lge lounge,2 kitchens

oven,4 A/C,Internet,High wall, Auto gate,nice garden,Great location 5 mins Meechoke Plaza

just painted inside/out,,unfurnished, 15k,pcm min 1 year PM me more details

thanks Worgeordie

Dean, you are very sweet to offer! We are still working on this, and hopefully something will be settled before we arrive. I'll keep this in mind though, and I really appreciate the kindness of the offer!

There is no shortage of nice big homes for rent around CM. Get a hotel for a few days and take a drive around to the areas that your interested in and have a look. I see rental signs(in English)everyday in my travels.