Non-Ed But Not For Thai Language . .

I have Non-ED visa now but are getting tired of study Thai language its just to difficult for me iguess . ,

So what ells can i apply for Non-ED visa here in Pattaya that are not language classes . . .

thanks .

Can non-english Falang learn english or some another language than Thai and get Non-ED visa?

learning English is OK, even if you are a native speaker. The rules don't say what kind of course you can folow. Only that the institution must be officially recognised (as a place of learning). There are for example people learning to cook Thai food, Muay Thai or diving on an ED-visa and extension of stay.

But always inquire with the school first if they are able to help you with an ED-visa and extensions of stay. They will know if it is possible if you study with them.

Can non-english Falang learn english or some another language than Thai and get Non-ED visa?

learning English is OK, even if you are a native speaker. The rules don't say what kind of course you can folow. Only that the institution must be officially recognised (as a place of learning). There are for example people learning to cook Thai food, Muay Thai or diving on an ED-visa and extension of stay.

But always inquire with the school first if they are able to help you with an ED-visa and extensions of stay. They will know if it is possible if you study with them.

Oh Isee . ., well my english aint 100% maybe 70% . ., maybe they have advance english classes some were in Pattaya . . , that should do . .

While slightly off-topic;

Personally, I don't see why a person wouldn't wanna study the Thai language. :whistling: ..

I'm far from the “sharpest tool” in the proverbial “shed”, but if I can learn to speak, read, and write Thai, ANYONE can do it too. :lol:

The up-side to studying the Thai language IS; unless I'm sorely mistaken, (at last count) there's about 65+ million native Thai speakers here. Practicing your Thai language skills isn't all that hard to do. ;)

Be that as it may and now back ON-topic: <_<

I’m sure there are "private schools" scattered thru-out the glorious "Land 'O Thais" which offer ED visas for studying almost ANY religion that has a church, (or what ever they call the place where they congregate) like; Buddhism, Christianity-ism, Catholic-ism, Mormon-ism, Jehovah-Witness-ism, Seventh-day Adventist-ism, etc. You can also study Muay-Thai, Scuba-diving, cooking Thai food, nearly EVERY foreign language spoken in the world, plus a few other miscellaneous subjects too.

The ED visa category seems to be a catch all kinda thingy based coincidentally around education <- I know go figure huh? :blink:

As long as a school is approved by the MOE; they can issue paperwork for an ED visa and subsequent extensions of stay based on study.

Sorry, I dunno what's offered in Pattaya, my experience is ONLY with the Bangkok Metropolitan area. :(

Good Luck, let us know what you end up studying. :)

I’m sure you’ll find something which piques your interest. :D

School to learn how to cook Thai food. I know 4 people doing it and only have to do minimum 4 hours a week.

really ! thats interesting.. what school ? . ,

Not sure but it's in Lamai, Koh Samui. They did say it was rather expensive and it gets a bit tedious because they only cook a fairly small number of dishes though I guess you would get better and better at making them. I don't have contact details for any of them but I bump into one of them every couple of weeks so I'll find out more then.

The OPs avatar really indicates what he studies and no slam on him, we are all here for our own reasons. Stick with the Thai more useful than anything else you will study.

I agree, usefulness is the key. If you are going to need to do anything official then being able to speak a reasonable amount of Thai will gain you more respect. It's also very useful when you wish to buy something because you will more than not get local rates rather than the vastly over inflated rates given to many non Thais.

To get a extension based on education the school has to certified and recognized by the Thai government.

I don't about Pattaya but Phuket do not grant extensions based on Muay Thai as according to them they are not certified or government recognized school but more a hobby.

But like many things within the Thai immigration law it is open for interpretation of the immigration officer. :whistling:

Edited by merijn

To get a extension based on education the school has to certified and recognized by the Thai government.

I don't about Pattaya but Phuket do not grant extensions based on Muay Thai as according to them they are not certified or government recognized school but more a hobby.

But like many things within the Thai immigration law it is open for interpretation of the immigration officer. :whistling:

In some areas one can get an extension of stay based on Muay Thai, in others not. Always inquire with the school. They will now if it is possible or not.