What Thai Tv Do You Watch?

saraburioz

I watch the national and local news. I also have been watching Thailand's Got talent

At first i thought this was rubbish and a poor copy of the Western ones but after watching it for a while, it's quite good.

This guy was inspirational.

What do you watch?

When alone - nothing. I don't watch TV. There are better things to do in life than to waste your time at the TV.

When with my GF - watever she is watching, I pick at the screen once in a while. Just remember seeing a lot of whitening creams and such. LOL

apologies for the spelling and pronunciation so to speak.

chin loy chin lan on a Tuesday night channel 7 with Mum jok mok, Nong, Tang and Cookie. for any of you who don't know who they are they have been in countless good Thai movies and always get a laugh out of me.

also the Korean and Japanese cooking and game shows. plus a bit of Muay Thai on a Saturday lunch time.

Thai soap opera movies. bah.gif

i dont watch thai tv exactly for what that clip does

Guy who killed his mother on a motorbike

Plays horribly, sings horribly.. Get semi praised, gets called a wonderfull man. Most accidents are from wreckless drivers in thailand, nobody wears helmet, we can assume there's almost no chance he wasnt mostly responsible for what happened, and even if he wasnt, how does playing guitar badly make him a good man?

want to see a real handicaped man who never complained?

Deschamps was born with congenital deformities of all four limbs; he is missing both his left arm and right leg, and has only two fingers on his right hand.

that's inspirational, no complaining and no discussing of it. 30years and he's still a well known star in the few countries he performs

he plays all the guitar as good as any other bands. Never talks about his handicap, not looking from pity.

Edited by seriouseats

There's a couple shows I like. I don't know the names, what time they're on, what channel they're on, or anything else though. Everyone else in the house likes them too though, so when I see them on, I figure "right on, break time!"

One is an old Thai lady with her farang son who's maybe 14, and was born and raised in Thailand so speaks perfect Thai. They go all over Thailand, and do crazy shit together. It's always good for a laugh. Then the other is some Issan game show where farmers have to do crazy stunts, like cut 6 chickens up as fast as they can, or whatever. At the end, they usually win around 20,000 - 50,000 baht, and are happier than hell, considering that's about 4 - 6 months of what they'd generally make.

seriouseats' timestamp='1304143967' post='4391207']

Plays horribly, sings horribly.. Get semi praised, gets called a wonderfull man. Most accidents are from wreckless drivers in thailand, nobody wears helmet, we can assume there's almost no chance he wasnt mostly responsible for what happened, and even if he wasnt, how does playing guitar badly make him a good man?

want to see a real handicaped man who never complained?

Deschamps was born with congenital deformities of all four limbs; he is missing both his left arm and right leg, and has only two fingers on his right hand.

that's inspirational, no complaining and no discussing of it. 30years and he's still a well known star in the few countries he performs

he plays all the guitar as good as any other bands. Never talks about his handicap, not looking from pity .

(quote)

What caught my attention was that the disabled man has to work to support his brother ???????????

He gets hit by a car,loses his mother and all functional use of his left hand. He is inspirational to me and I will take him at his word as he makes the best of what life has dealt him. Bad enough he gets run over on the road-now by a farang on the net. 1zgarz5.gif

I watch the Thai Soap operas.

I truly admire you mr millie!

Not only did you previously admit to being married into a family of taxidrivers, not only do you post under your real name (that you took on after your sex change), but now..............wooow...........you come out and admit to watching soaps.

Me too!, where do they get those young female actresses from??, I think they are all locked away somewhere, never see those pale beauties up here!

You've been locked away too long. :)

Where are you, might do a rescue mission. :ph34r:

Quite often we've no choice if the wivey has secured the remote. Though, I will say, throughout the years of imbibing this melodramatic crap, there has been a number of well-done lakorn that could be considered worthy. These type don't fit into the usual pattern of pablum offered and can be quite surprisingly good. Also.....my vote for Thai soaps over the OTT Chines and Japanese ones!B)

A friend who died a few years back spent his life as a professional musician. Randy Lewis was born with one arm that stopped at the elbow, he strap a pick to a leather cup and play away.

He was in several bands but one of the last was named "Outta Hand Band"

Some might have seen him play as the house band at Hemingways in Key West at the end of his years

Those silly four ladies in the morning on channel three. Completely hypnotizing, they are. ;)

Those four have been a running joke at our house for some time. I've named them "Em", "Er", "Ahh", and "Ka".

Listen for a bit you'll get it.

mario299 :whistling:

Those silly four ladies in the morning on channel three. Completely hypnotizing, they are. ;)

Those four have been a running joke at our house for some time. I've named them "Em", "Er", "Ahh", and "Ka".

Listen for a bit you'll get it.

mario299 :whistling:

:cheesy:

I truly admire you mr millie!

Not only did you previously admit to being married into a family of taxidrivers, not only do you post under your real name (that you took on after your sex change), but now..............wooow...........you come out and admit to watching soaps.

It's a programme of rigorous honesty, mate.

SC

after one year and three weeks without tv we had cable connected last Thursday; no complaints about the two sports channels, but the one English-language news channel has so far shown:

- flag waving at a royal wedding in England. All day Friday and then repeated Saturday

- flag waving at a pope/saint event in the Vatican

- flag waving as Americans celebrate OBL's death (curious thinking behind that. Party?)

The Thai channels look a better option.

after one year and three weeks without tv we had cable connected last Thursday; no complaints about the two sports channels, but the one English-language news channel has so far shown:

- flag waving at a royal wedding in England. All day Friday and then repeated Saturday

- flag waving at a pope/saint event in the Vatican

- flag waving as Americans celebrate OBL's death (curious thinking behind that. Party?)

The Thai channels look a better option.

You can say that again. If one needs to escape from what passes for the civilised world, just adjust your attention to Thai TV exclusively. Many do.....B)