All Female Hostel Rooms At Phuket R N' R Music Cafe & Hostel

ricknroll

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post# 64, closed for Thai Buddha Holiday until Mai 18th.

Serving alcohol is strictly forbidden from this midnight until 17th midnight

Thanks a lot!!! :jap:

We will have a party on Wednesday and Taco Tuesday Tacos on Thursday to make up for the miss on Tuesday... Let me buy you a drink and tell you all about why not ;)

See you soon.

Edited by ricknroll

post# 64, closed for Thai Buddha Holiday until Mai 18th.

Serving alcohol is strictly forbidden from this midnight until 17th midnight

Thanks a lot!!! :jap:

We will have a party on Wednesday and Taco Tuesday Tacos on Thursday to make up for the miss on Tuesday... Let me buy you a drink and tell you all about why not ;)

See you soon.

Thanks Rick,

both days sound great to me!

I totally forgot about that Buddha day but in some areas they are open :whistling:

When we are coming I will ask for you(not because of a free drink!).

Gerd

Thanks Rick,

both days sound great to me!

I totally forgot about that Buddha day but in some areas they are open :whistling:

When we are coming I will ask for you(not because of a free drink!).

Gerd

Look forward to it... Just tell the girls at the front bar you came to do some Sticky Fingers with Ricky... See you soon!

I met 3 ladies from Germany on the beach on Sunday. They asked me if I knew of a cheap place to stay. So I Itook them to Rick and Roll. They where closed. I told them they must be closed on Sundays. I took them back today ( Monday) and the they where closed again. What the F!!! I know it is the start of 3 days of Buddha but every bar and hotel is open! I looked like an Arse!

Some people on TV think I have a problem with Rick so I was trying to bring him some business . That will be the last time I do that!

I appreciate very much Rick is going through great lengths to make his business a success! All too often, I saw farang bar/guesthouse owners just sitting there, boozing a lot in their own bar and not taking any initiatives.

I also hope his sponsorship here will pay off. Only this morning something finally clicked inside my thick head, it got through to me that I sometimes have backpackers in my place in Khao Lak who want to head down to Phuket, and who ask me about places to stay. If they seem to fit the profile (think I got the drift now), I'll try to send them Rick's way.

Edited by keestha

I met 3 ladies from Germany on the beach on Sunday. They asked me if I knew of a cheap place to stay. So I Itook them to Rick and Roll. They where closed. I told them they must be closed on Sundays. I took them back today ( Monday) and the they where closed again. What the F!!! I know it is the start of 3 days of Buddha but every bar and hotel is open! I looked like an Arse!

Some people on TV think I have a problem with Rick so I was trying to bring him some business . That will be the last time I do that!

Wow... Thanks Milanman,

As you have seen by the above recent posts I have personally posted the Bar / Restaurant is closed until tomorrow Wednesday afternoon the 18th of May.

We do have a tour booth check in right in the front on the street and this tour booth (Cabana) is open on my property everyday. The lady in charge is Khun Phet and she takes care of all motorbike rentals, tour bookings and in your case hostel check ins. Please see: R N' R Trip N' Tours

Sorry you take our closing personal and next time for anyone that is also kind as Milanman...Please understand we will continue to respect Thai holidays & elections and we will post them on our web site :R N' R Hostel @ Rick N' Roll Music Cafe

Thank you

Edited by ricknroll

I find it very strange business sense to close a hotel at the time when the Thai government tries to stimulate domestic tourism by announcing a 5 day holiday. Plus there are of course your normal tourists who might be interested.

One day no alcohol allowed, so 3 days closed??

• 2 weeks later...

I went by tonight for a drink and some food but unfortunately Rick and Roll was closed.

Why are you closed at 9:00pm on a Thursday night?

I find it uniquely interesting that a majority of your posts seem to be about one sponsor and nothing else. I would highly recommend that whatever campaign you are attempting to start here that you cease.

2 posts making comment about Thaivisa moderation have been removed.

Thaivisa rule 21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

• 1 month later...

Rick has been rather quiet.

Is it still open or is he victim of getting in too deep?

Last I heard he was away on holiday. KBB would know for sure.

actually not sure. I believe hostel is open, but bar/restaurant closed. To deep, wouldnt think so. Slow bar/restaurant in low season, yes everyone. If Rick is away, it is to make money, or perhaps visit his mum.:)

I was there a couple weeks ago, and was talking with some girls that loved the idea, and were going to check out of their hotel and relocate to Rick N Rolls.

I don't understand all the negativity about the place, 350 baht is not an absurd amount and the place looks great.

All I can say is good luck Rick, I hope it all works out for you.

And see you in the future for more of your "Sticky Fingers" shooters.

Thanks BaliHai,

We are enjoying our Hostel, Restaurant and Bar. It will be no gold mine ...However, It is a way to work through and appreciate the low season of Thailand.

If you had our Sticky Finger Shooters then for sure we had a good time with you.

I am sure you and our guests understand that we respect the Thai Buddha Holidays and that is why we will be closed until Wednesday afternoon... There is a sign posted out front and we hope our friends and customers can appreciate we will using this down time to upgrade Rick N' Roll and the Hostels.

Don't forget Taco Tuesdays and because of the Holiday... we will move it to Thursday night this week. Plus, Wednesday Night we have Party Night Specials ;)

Thank you for the positive and kind comment and we do hope to see you soon for more Sticky Fingers !

Rick,

First of all, i hope that you are successful.

Even i think that your formula will not really work here in Phuket, i think it is great that you try.

But I think also that it is a little bit tricky to gamble on a single small market for your costumers.

Especially the fact that 500 baht is not an uncommon price for low season.

I have myself a reasonable big hotel in Patong and i know how hard work it is.

But one thing you should never do.

Don't close your restaurant and bar completely on Buddha day.

This is not required as long you don't serve alcohol.

My busiest times in the restaurant are the Buddha days as most people don't have a place to go ( the bars are closed ) and therefore they stay a long time in our restaurant/bar.

We also have a special rate of 500 Baht includes breakfast but my hotel comes with the full package like fully equipped rooms ( Mini-bar, private bathroom, air-con etc etc ) and only 300 mtr from the beach.

I only give this as an example what is available for 500 Baht.

When i have time I will for sure drop in and have a beer when you are there and open off-course.

• 2 months later...

Just have to add that the wife and I was in Phuket for business and pleasure late last week and this was the first bar we walked in as we were staying in Kata and basically didn't leave.

We spent our two nights there as Rick and Bo made us feel very welcome and helped us track down (well kind of as it was closed) a restaurant we were looking. There were six to eight guests using the rooms when we were there and at that price I'm not surprised...

As I said lovely place, venue, hosts the lot. Will defo be back when we're staying in Kata but going to try and make a Saturday night for the Tacos...

jap.gif

Im thinking of signing up to be a full sponsor...I have a regular ad for 360baht a month allready, it would be really nice to see a few of the hypocrites in the phuket forum pay their way, (im looking out for flying pigs as we speak) seems the rules here are as complex as cricket.

But I will give Ricky an honest and free plug...when i went down to his bar on the Thaivisa get together it was really nice...good food and cold beer... i noticed a distinct lack of the more controversial characters and regulars in this forum....the 300 baht entry fee would have scared them away for sure!jap.gif