Marriage Extension

I want to extend my stay based on marriage.

Income route is no problem just want to know what Immigration needs to see.

Also do I need to report every 90 days? I normally am working on off rotations and may not be here.

I have actually been looking into this now and am finding that there is various degrees of inconsistency between immigration offices in Thailand...In Phuket there are a group of farang volunteers that work at the immigration office and they appear to have all the details down as they have told me

2 copies of:

Passport

1. Detail page

2. Current Visa

3. Entry Stamp\

4. Departure Card

Both Marriage certificates..(Kor Ror 1 and Kor Ror 2

Wifes ID Card

Hand drawn map of where the house is

Picture (4x6) of the house, you and the wife in front of the house showing the address number and inside the house

...and then bring one of the following

1..If you work here, bring your work permit

or

2. Letter from your Thai Bank indicating you have at least 400,000 baht for the last 3 months and copies of every page in your bank book

or

3. Letter from your counsel showing you have an income of 40,000 baht a month

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year (PND.91) with receipt

Edited by PoorSucker

The requirement is for money to be in account 2 months and a letter from bank is also required as well as passbook/copies.

But you will be under review for 30 days and then must return to obtain final stamp so that my not be possible with your work schedule. In that case a multi entry non immigrant O visa from KL with show of marriage certificate/wife ID and home register and proof of 100k in an account should be all that is required. No 90 day reporting or re-entry permits required with that method.

How to proof income of 40k per month?

is it enough to show 40k per month going into a Thai account account?

if not what would be required if my income was from my business in the UK? or would I have to put the whole 400k into the bank account?

or

I know with the US embassy..you just go and ask for the form letter showing you get 40000 per month....they are aware of this form...very common...they just ask you to swear that you get it and you say yes I swear...and they give you a signed form that you bring to immigration

The requirement is for money to be in account 2 months and a letter from bank is also required as well as passbook/copies.

The 400.000 Baht has to be in your bank account for 60 days for the first extension and 90 days for the extensions after that.

How to proof income of 40k per month?

is it enough to show 40k per month going into a Thai account account?

if not what would be required if my income was from my business in the UK? or would I have to put the whole 400k into the bank account?

or

The proof of income from the Embassy/Consulate is required and you have to contact your Embassy about their requirements to get this certificate.

If the income is generated outside Thailand and transfered to your Thai bank account every month then this should be not a problem as you can see this on your bank statements.

In my case my income generated from my UK company is deposit in my UK account and i had to show that i transfered more then 40.000 Baht a month to my Thai bank account. ( i had the embassy certificate )

All this was done at the Phuket Immigration office.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an

alien must have an average annual income of not less than

40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank

of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses

within a year.

The requirement of Police Order 777/2551 is as above - two months. This has been confirmed by Bangkok as requirement for all such extensions of stay under current policy.