Ex Wife Wants Too Much Money For Kids

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if she has access to the UK court system.

No right to come to the UK and she's pretty much stuffed.

A good reason to never take your Thai lady out of Thailand.

In Thailand 100bht per day per child is seen as fair.

Edited by sarahsbloke

i suspect this is a troll of sorts. if not..to the first 2 posters you are 2 cheap bast####s. be accountable for yourself and your kids.

stay in the uk mancunian as this is where you belong. good riddance. maybe pm me your wifes address and i will double the 100 baht a day that other <deleted> suggested. i realise my responsibilities with my thai family and the kids arn,t even mine. :angry:

I love these threads.

It`s obviously a troll post , but fun.

In answer to the trolls OPs question:

Your ex wife cannot do anything from Thailand in you are in the UK.

But as one poster has already mentioned, if your Ex does manage to get over to the UK, you`ll be taken to the cleaners.

Anyway, I believe this is just a wind up from someone who has nothing else better to do.

:clap2:

I love these threads.

It`s obviously a troll post , but fun.

In answer to the trolls OPs question:

Your ex wife cannot do anything from Thailand in you are in the UK.

But as one poster has already mentioned, if your Ex does manage to get over to the UK, you`ll be taken to the cleaners.

Anyway, I believe this is just a wind up from someone who has nothing else better to do.

:clap2:

agree.

over £100 per week

no problems in paying for my kids but there are limits

20,000 baht per month to sit on her ass more like.

Tell her to give the kids to her mother and get a job.

No she can come at you from Thailand.

If both she and the children are in Thailand, then the Thai courts have jurisdiction. Any action she takes will need to be fought there. Should she and the children move to the UK then the UK courts will have jurisdiction.

In the Thai courts, she will receive a judgement for around 5000 baht per month per child, plus the 2 of you will need to share equally some other costs, such as education and medical expenses. Beyond that, she has no legal right to anything.

You ask however, could she *DO* anything. One thing she can do is make it difficult for you to see your children, and also tarnish your name with them. If you are OK with that, then there is very little else she can legally do.

over £100 per week

p.s it is a genuine question...can she come at me from within thailand?

No offense, but do you really think that posters from this forum can give the answer to your question? :rolleyes:

Edited by Semper

over £100 per week

So, that's about what, 20,000 Bt / mo ? If one child that's high. If two about normal for non-Issan derelict / bargirl relationships. If 3 or more pretty cheap.

over £100 per week

So, that's about what, 20,000 Bt / mo ? If one child that's high. If two about normal for non-Issan derelict / bargirl relationships. If 3 or more pretty cheap.

20 000 for 2 kids a month. Wake up.

over £100 per week

20 000 for 2 kids a month. Wake up.

Sorry, I missed that, 2 kids, is that right? As I said 20,000 about normal for farang (with a job). The court decree will also outline the mother's contribution.

i suspect this is a troll of sorts. if not..to the first 2 posters you are 2 cheap bast####s. be accountable for yourself and your kids.

stay in the uk mancunian as this is where you belong. good riddance. maybe pm me your wifes address and i will double the 100 baht a day that other <deleted> suggested. i realise my responsibilities with my thai family and the kids arn,t even mine. :angry:

It's what the Thai court recommends (3,000bht per child per month), it's what a Thai farm worker is paid in a month

Don't know where gregb got 5,000bht a month from, that's not correct.

No need for every foreigner to act like a buffalo.

My MIL lives in her village and is perfectly happy on 3,000bht a month

Edited by sarahsbloke

It really depends on the background and previous occupation of the ex-wife in question. If she was working in a well-paid job and had to give it up to have the OP's children then 20k baht a month is not very much at all.

If she's a provincial girl living with her parents then perhaps 4-5k a month would be reasonable for each child, if you can trust her to spend it on them.

Edited by inthepink

It really depends on the background and previous occupation of the ex-wife in question. If she was working in a well-paid job and had to give it up to have the OP's children then 20k baht a month is not very much at all.

If she's a provincial girl living with her parents then perhaps 4-5k a month would be reasonable for each child, if you can trust her to spend it on them.

Thai courts don't set payments according to previous expectations of their fathers earnings (like in the west)

Every child is treated the same, every parent is treated the same.

Most children are dumped back in a primitive village once the buffalo is out of sight, and the mothers are back in the bar.

Thai courts don't set payments according to previous expectations of their fathers earnings (like in the west)

Most children are dumped back in a primitive village once the buffalo is out of sight, and the mothers are back in the bar.

Well, I'm not presuming that the OP married a prostitute. If he did, and the situation is as you outlined, then I agree that 20k would be too much.

I was really thinking about what would be fair for the children, not what the courts would award. I also wasn't thinking about expectations based on the father's earnings but an amount based on his ex-wife's lifestyle before she met him - that's why I mentioned her previous occupation and not his.

Edited by inthepink

It's what the Thai court recommends (3,000bht per child per month), it's what a Thai farm worker is paid in a day

Don't know where gregb got 5,000bht a month from, that's not correct.

No need for every foreigner to act like a buffalo.

My MIL lives in her village and is perfectly happy on 3,000bht a month

The rate awarded by the court generally goes up slightly with age. I was assuming the kids were older. There was no information, so I simply took the maximum as a point to start. I agree with you that a village child under 5 would probably only be awarded 3000 baht.

The rate awarded by the court generally goes up slightly with age. I was assuming the kids were older. There was no information, so I simply took the maximum as a point to start. I agree with you that a village child under 5 would probably only be awarded 3000 baht.

A middle class Thai man might be earning 10,000bht a month, maybe 15,000 if he had a really good job (slightly more in BK).

Can't really see him giving away 10,000bht to support his kids every month ..... he would clear off and give them nothing.

Yes I know, there are rich Thais, but 97% aren't.

@ the OP

It seems you didn't get her a UK passport, so you can pretty much do whatever you like, including giving her nothing.

(Thai courts can't enforce payments from foreigners anyway even if she went to Thai court and was awarded 3,000bht pcm)

Edited by sarahsbloke

i have in my own mind what i think is acceptable, I will always look after my kids financially but the question is can she do anything to get more money from me with her in thailand and me in the uk?

Thanks

The answer to your question is no, she cannot do more to you in Thailand. The answer to your question is yes, she can do more to you in the UK, if she can find a way to become represented there..

That may be generally true, but is incorrect information where farangs are concerned.

A middle class Thai man might be earning 10,000bht a month, maybe 15,000 if he had a really good job (slightly more in BK).

Can't really see him giving away 10,000bht to support his kids every month ..... he would clear off and give them nothing.

Yes I know, there are rich Thais, but 97% aren't.

10k for a "middle class Thai?? I don't want to get into a debate about wages but that's very low. The type of Thai people that buy a house in a gated community for around 2-5 million baht are what I would call middle class and they certainly earn a lot more than 10k a month.

Edited by inthepink

10k for a "middle class Thai?? I don't want to get into a debate about wages but that's very low. The type of Thai people that buy a house in a gated community for around 2-5 million baht are what I would call middle class and they certainly earn a lot more than 10k a month.

Middle class Thai = someone living in a home that has glass in the windows

To my way of thinking

My neighbors are deffo middle class, have a car and everything, but 3 sets of adults living in a 3 bedroom house, with assorted children.

Gated community??? Those are rich Thais.

Edited by sarahsbloke

That may be generally true, but is incorrect information where farangs are concerned.

Really???? I've never heard or seen anything like that. Can you elaborate? In what family court did you experience this? What province? Can you fill us in on the legal decision?

I don't doubt you may have seen this, but I have never in my life seen the family court treat farangs any differently than the locals. They are probably the only fair organization in the whole country. If you actually have knowledge of this that would be extremely interesting. The details would prove illuminating. If this is just an impression you have, my experience is that they don't discriminate.

Middle class Thai = someone living in a home that has glass in the windows

To my way of thinking

My neighbors are deffo middle class, have a car and everything, but 3 sets of adults living in a 3 bedroom house, with assorted children.

Gated community??? Those are rich Thais.

That seems to leave no space to put the wealthy Thai people who own houses worth 20 million plus - those are the ones I would class as rich Thais, although I guess it is hard to apply Western labels over here (and has nothing to do with the OP's question so we probably shouldn't be debating it here!).

Really???? I've never heard or seen anything like that. Can you elaborate? In what family court did you experience this? What province? Can you fill us in on the legal decision?

I don't doubt you may have seen this, but I have never in my life seen the family court treat farangs any differently than the locals. They are probably the only fair organization in the whole country. If you actually have knowledge of this that would be extremely interesting. The details would prove illuminating. If this is just an impression you have, my experience is that they don't discriminate.

I would be happy to answer you by PM, expect one.