Where Do You Live?

ajarnmark

Where do you live?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is officially called the gateway to Issan. The locals claim to be from Issan. I call it the boonies. Located about 50 kilometers straight south of Loei near a village called Nong Hin. I just returned from Pattaya/Jomtien where I still have a condo. After a couple weeks in that super congested area I am always eager to get back home to the peace and quiet. If not for the condo and some business interests in Jomtien I would be quite happy to be a hermit.

Since I have been in Thailand so long I am quite a cynic. I have a great wife and we get along well BUT I keep the condo for a safety net. LOL!

It is officially called the gateway to Issan. The locals claim to be from Issan. I call it the boonies. Located about 50 kilometers straight south of Loei near a village called Nong Hin.

Jealous of your very close proximity to Phu Kradeung... one of the truly great spots in Thailand. :o

In Chumphon-waiting to fly again at Kao Pang.Schould be possible again this month until next mai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed about the things that you didn't done than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream.Discover."

-Mark Twain

It is officially called the gateway to Issan. The locals claim to be from Issan. I call it the boonies. Located about 50 kilometers straight south of Loei near a village called Nong Hin.

Jealous of your very close proximity to Phu Kradeung... one of the truly great spots in Thailand. :D

This area is very scenic. I go to Kun Ming several times a week to drink beer on the mountain with a few friends.

I don't think I could handle the 9 kilometer hike to the top of Phu Kradeung so I have never been up there. I'm actually 5 kilometers toward Kun Ming from Nong Hin in a smaller village called Nong Gik. From the house it is about 35 kilometers to Phu Kradeung.

:o

Jealous of your very close proximity to Phu Kradeung... one of the truly great spots in Thailand. :D

This area is very scenic. I go to Kun Ming several times a week to drink beer on the mountain with a few friends.

I don't think I could handle the 9 kilometer hike to the top of Phu Kradeung so I have never been up there. I'm actually 5 kilometers toward Kun Ming from Nong Hin in a smaller village called Nong Gik. From the house it is about 35 kilometers to Phu Kradeung.

:D

Wow.... that close, I'd be up there once a month or so.

It IS a bit of hike up... steep... and loooooong, (about 5 hours for us), but it's so breath-taking once you get up there it's worth it. We camped up there for a week. Too bad they don't have porters carrying people up, although they do carry everything else.

It was amazing to see rice cookers, cooking gas cannisters, stereos, huge suitcases, etc. getting hauled up there... I had to laugh at what some people considered "essential."

:o

Loei is becoming my 2nd favorite province in Thailand with all the other terrific places up there from Dan Sai, Phu Ruea to Chiang Khan, Mekhong river, mountains, valleys, etc.

You really have picked yourself a great area, Gary.

View from top of Phu Kradeung nearing sunset:

phu_kradeung.jpg