Gpx Zf250 Enduro Motorcycle

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this bike is supposed to be 1 of the better Chinese makes out there ,if it's that good why are they are not making them anymore ,what if you bought one a couple of months ago ,no more parts available, just more reasons to stay away from these bikes.

Don't know where Richard gets his info from but he does consistently post wrong/incorrect info,reading his website I had to laugh at his comment that these things are better off road than the klx/crf.

Richard told everyone to contact GPX directly for detailed informations. He isn't a salesman for GPX, so why accusing him for confusion caused by GPX? I remember very well the confusion about the Tiger Boxer 250. Production stopped. Production paused. New EFI version planned. No, EFI version will not come... A lot of wrong information, caused by Tiger itself! Producing and selling cheap bikes isn't that easy it seems.

Again, all i can say to such a comment: Please do it better than Richard! Make your own website with loads of good information.

Lol this bike is supposed to be 1 of the better Chinese makes out there ,if it's that good why are they are not making them anymore ,what if you bought one a couple of months ago ,no more parts available, just more reasons to stay away from these bikes.

Don't know where Richard gets his info from but he does consistently post wrong/incorrect info,reading his website I had to laugh at his comment that these things are better off road than the klx/crf.

Actually, on my own website, I never said that the GPX ZF250 was better. The only thing I said was "the GPX ZF250 power is less than a Kawasak KX250F (what is a professional motocross bike), but the power is surely more than a few modified Kawasaki KLX250's I seen on the trail". So yes better performance, but I not think that the bike is better - the ZF250 is enough for my fun in some of my weekends... Also the GPX ZF250 came with more off-road orientated tires, while the KLX250 or CRF250L are equipped with 30/70 off-road/on-road tires... And with standard KLX250 or CRF250L tires I can with a GPX ZF250 say that it has standard better overal off-road performace...

MiFS8tQjFG0622210646.jpg

On any unpaved road with a bit hard surface they are real kidney stone breakers, the reason why I replaced them with more road friendly 50/50 off-road/on-road tires....

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

from your website posted by you I believe correct me if I'm wrong

The good part is I didn't found anybody who can beat me at getting away faster at the traffic-light, in the dirt the GPX ZF250 is far superior to the Kawasaki KLX250 or the new Honda CRF250L ...

*****THE BIKE IS NOT LONGER IN PRODUCTION.... END OF STORRY*****

My secretary called them twice yesterday and also today.... All said the same.. No more parts are imported so it is not possible to order one now...

THAICBR probably still things I work there and I just do this so he cannot get one... hahaha

Nope. I just think its like your other posts.. no substance. HAHAHAHAHA

Lack of humor can cause bitterness, grudge and loneliness. Think positive man. Chinese say that balance is the key smile.png

Chinese always talk about balance but i have never seen any balance on their products man.biggrin.png

besides, are you the lawyer of Richard wantan? maybe working at the same place, huh?smile.png

Edited by loserlazer

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a CRF 250 L instead and i think i made the right choice. The higher price, i think, it will be compensated for it when it is time to sell it as a 2'nd hand.

Well i am not so sure. The crf would probably drop about 30k after the first year selling at 105k. This assuming you didnt pay more. I would assume a second hand zf250 will get 35k and not go down much from there.

I have a GPX ZF250 for more than a year, and sure most critics of Chinese motorcycles will not consider my testimony as objective. My GPX ZF250 still works fine and I can insure everybody that I use the bike extensively in rough terrain...

One person who had a nearly one year old GPX ZF250 Gross sold it not so long ago for 50,000 THB, what is not bad for a motorcycle which costs new 68,000 THB... The owner had modified the bike a bit and upgraded the engine bearings for SKF bearings. He bought the SKF bearings for 700 THB...

I bought a CRF 250 L instead and i think i made the right choice. The higher price, i think, it will be compensated for it when it is time to sell it as a 2'nd hand.

Well i am not so sure. The crf would probably drop about 30k after the first year selling at 105k. This assuming you didnt pay more. I would assume a second hand zf250 will get 35k and not go down much from there.

I paid 125 000 for it plus 5000 for registration, theft, plate etc. So a 20k loss in a year is not bad.. But i will keep it as long as there are no larger "Japan/Thai-enduros" released in Thailand.

/T

I have a GPX ZF250 for more than a year, and sure most critics of Chinese motorcycles will not consider my testimony as objective. My GPX ZF250 still works fine and I can insure everybody that I use the bike extensively in rough terrain...

One person who had a nearly one year old GPX ZF250 Gross sold it not so long ago for 50,000 THB, what is not bad for a motorcycle which costs new 68,000 THB... The owner had modified the bike a bit and upgraded the engine bearings for SKF bearings. He bought the SKF bearings for 700 THB...

Yes, I would bought the GPX ZF250 if i could. I have read every GPX post you have posted here and at other forums and you got me convinced that the GPX ZF250 is a fantastic bike. Thanks for all your inputs regarding this bike.

/T

The above links do not indicate reg and theft. I did find the number for bowin 038 345732. 038 345833. 038 346150

thanks

Me too, i got my today from Honda Si Rasha for 72500+5000 with all paper, 2 years theft insurance, free helmet and a jacket and delivery to my door...

Phone number to them: 038-345732, 345833, 346150

Read my three post to you and you will see that it was regarding the PCX150i in the first 2 posts.... ;-)

/T

Edited by TramsRepus

^

from your website posted by you I believe correct me if I'm wrong

The good part is I didn't found anybody who can beat me at getting away faster at the traffic-light, in the dirt the GPX ZF250 is far superior to the Kawasaki KLX250 or the new Honda CRF250L ...

Well, if getting away faster at traffic lights is an indication of being a better motorcycle, I need to say that a standard Kawasaki KLX250 is not very high on that list.

For myself it's not a big supprise that the GPX ZF250 is faster away from standstill, the 250cc engine of the GPX ZF250 Enduro is identical to the ZF250 Gross – which is a real motocross bike. The ZF250 has more power than a Kawasaki KLX250, D-Tracker 250 or Honda CRF250L, but it has less power than a Kawasaki KX250F or a Honda CRF250R... the last two are real motocross bikes...

And while the GPX ZF250 is superior if compared to pure power production, the Kawasaki KLX250 and the Honda CRF250L are far more superior in fuel economics and riding comfort. While the front forks and the FOX Racing rear suspension on the GPX ZF250 is very adjustable, it's still a pure off-road suspension. For road and light off-road riding the suspension of a KLX250 or CRF250L is better suited.

For me a better motorcycle is a combination of many aspects of a motorcycle, and for me in combination of what I have paid for the GPX ZF250 with the amount of cost for service and modifications I paid for in the last year of use I can say that the GPX ZF250 is a very good value for its money.

The definition of a 'better motorcycle' is in the eye of the beholder, if you ride from A to B on a pave rural road on a daily base a Kawasaki KLX250 would probably be the better bike. If you want to explore some of Thailand's forgotten rural forest roads and climb some hills or mountains in the weekend than a GPX ZF250 is probably the better machine, of course a Honda CRF250R would be a much better choice but that one comes with a 310,000 THB price ticket. (so with value for money in mind I believe the GPX ZF250 is the better choice).

And while I also have received the information that the GPX ZF250 Enduro is no longer available, they still sell the GPX ZF250 Gross...

For my motivations why I bought the GPX ZF250, I wanted a motorcycle to replace my Honda CRF450X. I love to do some off-road riding in some of my weekends. And while I used my Honda CRF450X also to do some Adventure/touring I bought another machine to do that. So a not-so-expensive off-road motorcycle did fit perfect in my needs...

My original plan was to buy an off-road motorcycle for around 100,000 THB and use it for about 2-years, pure off-road motorcycle (no matter what brand name) are not famous for there long life. When I was looking for a secondhand 250cc off-road motorcycle in my set budget I was not able to find anything that in my eyes would survive another 2-years (without major investment). Than I was introduced to GPX, and decided to look into what they offered. To keep things short, I did a test ride, I checked some numbers (on parts costs etc...), and that all convinced me that I could not go wrong with buying a ZF250 Enduro (for example a new fully functional ZF250 engine costs around the same price as a Kawasaki KX250 cylinder assembly).

I have 5 months to go until I own the GPX ZF250 Enduro 2-years, and the motorcycle still looks, rides, and feels like it did the first day. (okay I changed the tires, and here and there I have some scratches on the paint work and plastics, but that happens if you ride in forests). I didn't needed to buy an additional engine, also until now the bike did not needed any unexpected parts. Actual I'm pretty confident that I make it to 2-years ownership without any serious problems.

Richard you may like to call this bike a real motox bike but I prefer to call it a cheap copy of real motox bike ,I have owned the smaller brother of this bike I had two of them and they were both a pile of crap.

As a cheap bike that you don't mind repairing and fixing yourself the gpx may be alright for some but to compare it and hype it up to Japanese bikes that are more than twice the cost and built with quality parts with full nationwide dealer support is ridiculous that is my only issue with your posts on these bikes.

So they still sell the cross version here then and can get parts?

Yes, they still sell the ZF250 Cross, which is identical what parts concern...

Does anybody know a valid contact number or website or email of the dealer in Bangkok?

Thank you.

Richard you may like to call this bike a real motox bike but I prefer to call it a cheap copy of real motox bike ,I have owned the smaller brother of this bike I had two of them and they were both a pile of crap.

As a cheap bike that you don't mind repairing and fixing yourself the gpx may be alright for some but to compare it and hype it up to Japanese bikes that are more than twice the cost and built with quality parts with full nationwide dealer support is ridiculous that is my only issue with your posts on these bikes.

Sure the GPX ZF250 is not as strong or powerful as a real motocross bike, I never said that. Considering that a Honda CRF250R (cost 310,000 THB) which is the only official motocross bike sold in Thailand with factory (spare-parts) support, you can buy a Yamaha, Suzuki or even a Kawasaki 250cc motocross bike in Thailand but they come without warranty and spare-parts need to be imported every time you're in need of them...

Purely theoretical, and completely independent of the brand name of your motocross bike you in more need of spare-parts with a motocross motorcycle than a regular road bike. Also motocross bikes need more service than a regular motorcycle.

I once talked to a Honda mechanic who told me that it's possible to completely ruin a CRF250R within a few months just by forgetting to replace the engine oil at the right moment, or replace it with the wrong oil... Regular motorcycles, like the Honda CRF250L are much more service tolerant, if you're a 100 to 500km to late with replacing the engine oil you probably will not have any serious problems.

About repairing a MX bike, I not think you can go to a regular Honda dealer and say he can you adjust my values for a Honda CRF250R. Officially you can only get service at the currently ONE Honda Big Wing dealership... Also this Honda Big Wing dealer ship is also the only one who has parts available for the Honda CRF250R... Nation wide dealerships do not apply to MX bikes, how many dealers in Thailand are really capable of fixing a modern big bike... Yes, I fix my bike myself – it would be funny if I let somebody else work on it... Okay changing the tires I let somebody else do, but that is a boring job.

Sure the GPX ZF250 is not a 250cc MOTOCROSS motorcycle as a KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or one of the other famous MX bike manufacturers. But then I'm not a real motocrosser, and as amateur motocross rider who does trail riding and forest exploring than riding on a dirt track I find the GPX ZF250 more than I can handle.

An Australian friend, who did ride MX competition, is capable to set a standard Kawasaki KLX250 as sold in Thailand a round behind on the average Thai amateur competition. GPX is a sponsor of a 250cc MX cup in Thailand, which is open for other 250cc motorcycles sold in Thailand, so far as I know only twice a Kawasaki KLX250 entered the competition and never finished in the top 10. I'm pretty sure that if somebody will enter with a Honda CRF250R he will win without much afford, but again... buying a 310,000 THB bike to ride in an amateur MX competition seems overkill to me... especially wen you can have the same fun for 67,000 THB as this is what a GPX ZF250 Cross cost, okay you're not sure that you win from other GPX ZF250 riders but that is the spirit of the competition...

For me personally I not see a competition as my idea of having fun, riding a motorcycle in a sort competition creates commitment, I ride more for having some fun in the weekend, I have friends who have Kawasaki's, some have other brands and lately one have bought a Honda CRF250L.

And what are quality parts? My rear suspension is from FOX Racing, who makes the suspension of the motorcycles that you thinking about. I'm sure you going to tell me that a OEM Kawasaki or Honda shock is better than FOX Racing... I'm sure that you'll be surprised if I claim that the quality of the wheels GPX ZF250 uses is the same as they use on the KLX250 or CRF250L, they actual come from the same manufacturer.

Then you probably will try to tell me the frame of the Kawasaki KLX250 is remarkable better, for that Kawasaki should really improve it's welding equipment. Actual the Thai build KLX250 holds the unofficial record of having the highest amount of recalls for any Kawasaki product – of which most are frame/chassis related. Actually on many MX forums people complain about the build quality of the Thai KLX250... Personally I don't believe that Kawasaki makes a bad product...

To make it clear again, I compare the GPX ZF250 purely on off-road riding, if I did more on-road riding I probably didn't bought a GPX ZF250 – also probably I would also not ride a 250cc, for some adventure riding with more than 70 percent tarmac I would probably take a Kawasaki Versys as that bike has excellent value-for-money if it comes to adventure riding... If I was planning a trip to Mongolia with Bangkok as my starting location, I would talk to a BMW dealer. If I had less money I would visit Yamaha (Triumph if I was English)...

P.S. You know what is really funny, on Thai language motorcycle forums you have much less the discussions of my bike is better than your bike. And with the discussions that actually happen the two parties that discus the subject actual have the two motorcycles. On Thaivisa forum, most discussions by people who say that bike is crap never seen the bike or even touched it... and never sit on it when the engine was in operation...

The truth is that the GPX motocross community in Thailand is the biggest off-road group in the country. And 99% of this people are having fun.

• Like 2

Does anybody know a valid contact number or website or email of the dealer in Bangkok?

Thank you.

Sure you can find most information at http://www.gpxthailand.com/

Thank you.

Sure you can find most information at http://www.gpxthailand.com/

thanks Richard.

Are you telling me that the gpx comes with d.i.d rims I don't think it does some how Richard yet more incorrect information spouted by yourself And as for the fox suspension it's probably not original but a cheap imitation Chinese lookalike you are now trying to have us believe this bike comes with proper motox components you do talk some rubbish

Edited by taninthai