Gpx Zf250 Enduro Motorcycle

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot remember how many times somebody on this forum has accused me of this or that... But I can honestly say that I not work or nor did I ever worked for the company which sells GPX motorcycles in Thailand.

Personally I have a GPX ZF250 motorcycle, which I bought before they became officially road legal. Like most people I just discus about a motorcycle I own... I paid a bit more than people would pay now....

I cannot remember how many times somebody on this forum has accused me of this or that... But I can honestly say that I not work or nor did I ever worked for the company which sells GPX motorcycles in Thailand.

Personally I have a GPX ZF250 motorcycle, which I bought before they became officially road legal. Like most people I just discus about a motorcycle I own... I paid a bit more than people would pay now....

umm ok you work or did work for the Chinese manufacturer thenbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png .

Richard. You do and have worked for numerous Chinese companies..You have said so yourself.. But ok..

All that people are saying is IF you are going to promote a bike.. get sponsored on TV or in this case maybe suggest to the Thai company that you don't work for to get sponsored.

I personally like the GPX 250 bikes and am very happy that they have finally got them registered.

As someone else asked do they still come with the 49mm carb as standard?

what is the warranty now they can be used on the road?

do you know if there are any other foreign riders of the GPX250 in Thailand so they can give some feedback (or any Thais that can write English well)

Thanks

umm ok you work or did work for the Chinese manufacturer thenbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png .

Richard. You do and have worked for numerous Chinese companies..You have said so yourself.. But ok..

All that people are saying is IF you are going to promote a bike.. get sponsored on TV or in this case maybe suggest to the Thai company that you don't work for to get sponsored.

I personally like the GPX 250 bikes and am very happy that they have finally got them registered.

As someone else asked do they still come with the 49mm carb as standard?

what is the warranty now they can be used on the road?

do you know if there are any other foreign riders of the GPX250 in Thailand so they can give some feedback (or any Thais that can write English well)

Thanks

It's true that one of the companies that I own, did work for Sachs Motorbike, one company I partner in also worked in the past for Lifan (the Chinese head office, and on motorcycles that are until now not released in Thailand) on a contract base. I also have worked for several Japanese companies, a few Italian and an American company which all sell motorcycles (actually I think we still work for the American company).

For the carburetor I have no idea if the carburetor is still the same one as it was before, also I have no idea if the warranty is different now that the motorcycle is road legal. I guess you best contact the distributor or a dealer near you to get that sort of information.

And yes I know actual 4 other foreign GPX ZF250 owners, was 5 but one sold his GPX ZF250 not so long ago (was a bit to much for him), I'm the only one with a GPX ZF250 Enduro (with lights) …

post-12170-0-94749700-1349102104_thumb.j

In fact many members here try to make money with bikes or with a bike related business. Only two or three of them are sponsors. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to get close to the truth. I don't mind about this as long as these members do not start to attack each other. This is pathetic. Richard is a forum member for a long time now and has provided lots of useful information. And i never noticed that he was the one to start bickering. Hope this thread gets back to topic soon. I want to know more about the bike, i am not interested in the business of other members :)

Edited by wantan
  • Like 1

In fact many members here try to make money with bikes or with a bike related business. Only two or three of them are sponsors. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to get close to the truth. I don't mind about this as long as these members do not start to attack each other. This is pathetic. Richard is a forum member for a long time now and has provided lots of useful information. And i never noticed that he was the one to start bickering. Hope this thread gets back to topic soon. I want to know more about the bike, i am not interested in the business of other members smile.png

Others may do a little business on the side.....selling items that people want....Richard is in the trade..selling nothing but propaganda. big difference. Coming from you Wantan... he who uses another posters occasional bike parts sales postings to slag him off is laughable.

While Richard has occasionally provided information about the bike scene in Thailand look back at what it has been sugar coated promotion of Taiwanese and Chinese products. And a humongous dig at Tiger motorcycles (again on behalf of his paid up clients)

As i have said the GPX looks like a decent bike.. I am more surprised that more people do not own it that post on this forum.. maybe because of Richards style of product promotion they just do not trust the products...

Yes I informed people on this forum that the relation between Tiger Motorcycle and Sachs Motorbikes ended, I also said that it was unwise to buy a Tiger X-Road 250 as it was assembled of parts that did not passed Sachs QC. System. And trust me QC is very important if as manufacturer you contract other manufacturers to make parts... Anybody still has a Tiger X-Road 250 and is happy about it?

I have nothing against Tiger Motorcycles, actually if you look a bit back on this forum you will find that I talked very positive about them. Actually there was a time that people said the same thing about me and Tiger Motorcycles “That I worked for them....” But I cannot be positive about a manufacturer who lowers its standards, around the same time as Tiger Motorcycle lost its Sachs Motorbike distribution they also stopped producing the Tiger Boxer 250 RS which was in the early days a marvelous motorcycle, but slowly the quality became an issue...

If tomorrow a front fork of my GPX ZF250 cracks you will also find pictures of it here, and all the follow up of how GPX Thailand handles it... But that did not happen.... actually I have had not one problem with my GPX bike, nor did any of the foreign owners I know (okay one had a flat tire jumping of a hill and hitting a rock...).

And THAICBR if you, or any other member of this forum not want to buy the motorcycle because I have one or write sometimes about the GPX ZF250 on this forum I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with it. Buy a Honda CRF250R, or if you have budget limiteds go for a CRF250L, or KLX250 no same in that I see many many Thai and foreign riders who converts the KLX250 or CRF250L in good looking off-road bikes.

Edited by Richard-BKK

richard:

It's true that one of the companies that I own, did work for Sachs Motorbike, one company I partner in also worked in the past for Lifan (the Chinese head office, and on motorcycles that are until now not released in Thailand) on a contract base. I also have worked for several Japanese companies, a few Italian and an American company which all sell motorcycles (actually I think we still work for the American company).

For the carburetor I have no idea if the carburetor is still the same one as it was before, also I have no idea if the warranty is different now that the motorcycle is road legal. I guess you best contact the distributor or a dealer near you to get that sort of information.

And yes I know actual 4 other foreign GPX ZF250 owners, was 5 but one sold his GPX ZF250 not so long ago (was a bit to much for him), I'm the only one with a GPX ZF250 Enduro (with lights) …

Thanks for the clarification Richard, impressive cv by the way.

And, thanks for your efforts for years on providing information regarding bikes in Thailand, i respect you on this.

This is what i need to hear, thanks for your honesty as it is clear now who is who and i do not mind if your work for a Chinese bike company actually it is good for us to have an insider there providing information.

But, for your future comments, please be as objective as possible man. I really appreciate it if you do so.

By the way, let's back to the topic: how much is a road legal gpx 250 bike now with lights and signals. This looks like the best Chinese on the market, yes? is it a carbed model?

richard:

Thanks for the clarification Richard, impressive cv by the way.

And, thanks for your efforts for years on providing information regarding bikes in Thailand, i respect you on this.

This is what i need to hear, thanks for your honesty as it is clear now who is who and i do not mind if your work for a Chinese bike company actually it is good for us to have an insider there providing information.

But, for your future comments, please be as objective as possible man. I really appreciate it if you do so.

By the way, let's back to the topic: how much is a road legal gpx 250 bike now with lights and signals. This looks like the best Chinese on the market, yes? is it a carbed model?

@Lozerlazer, I have no problems with admitting that I work for somebody, but in the case of GPX I really never worked for them.

I'm pretty sure that the CPX ZF250 is still with a carburetor, what I cannot tell is if it's the same carburetor as I have. If you need to be 100% sure you should call the distributor...

I first met the company who sells the GPX Motorcycles like everybody else, I saw them on the 2011 Bangkok International Motor Show, where like everybody else I was told that the motorcycle was not road legal.

Matter of fact I never spoke with them (GPX) that I wanted to buy the ZF250, I contacted a dealer and bought the motorcycle from him. My first contact as customer was when I called them to see how difficult it was to get gaskets as I wanted to split the engine (it's a thing I have to see how things are build). They had gaskets for the ZF250 on stock and I instructed a messenger to pick them up...

It's not until much later that I visited the company, as I wanted to ask if they had some technical information regarding valve settings and tolerances and a few more technical specs which would rebuilding the engine a lot easier.

I never told them that I also work in the motorcycle business and therefore I have the feeling that I get regular service as everybody else gets...

I have had the engine open once now and the build is nothing special, not bad at all, the bearings they used are actual of a better quality than I had expected. My original idea what to open the engine and replace the Chinese bearings with SKF bearings, but I cancelled that idea – a GPX ZF250 Gross owner I know did replace the bearings and he claims that the whole replacement with “the best” bearings you commercial can buy was not more than 700 THB. The bearings used by most of the better Chinese manufacturers are standard industrial bearings which are widely available from different bearing manufacturers. (Most people with knowledge regard SKF as one of the better bearing manufacturers, and as they are also produced in Thailand they cost not much).

In fact many members here try to make money with bikes or with a bike related business. Only two or three of them are sponsors. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to get close to the truth. I don't mind about this as long as these members do not start to attack each other. This is pathetic. Richard is a forum member for a long time now and has provided lots of useful information. And i never noticed that he was the one to start bickering. Hope this thread gets back to topic soon. I want to know more about the bike, i am not interested in the business of other members smile.png

Others may do a little business on the side.....selling items that people want....Richard is in the trade..selling nothing but propaganda. big difference. Coming from you Wantan... he who uses another posters occasional bike parts sales postings to slag him off is laughable.

If Richard is saying that he does not work for GPX than i believe him. Why shouldn't i? Because of members like you? Its all about how people appear on a forum. If they constantly attack other members on a bike forum while at the same time trying to make a living with selling bikes or bike parts than its not acceptable. One should decide: Being a business man or being a troll. Members here want to discuss bikes, not doing sissyish bickering.

There's a video of the bike here...

It's pretty boring to sit through to be honest, but watching it being ridden off road gives some idea of the the type of power you can expect from it, the sound of it, overall look etc. Obviously you don't know if the guy is pushing the bike hard but it looks to have a fair bit of power.

Having read some independent reviews of other GPX bikes from the likes of motorcycle USA it seems like this is definitely one of the better Chinese companies. I don't work for GPX by the way smile.png .

*****THE BIKE IS NOT LONGER IN PRODUCTION.... END OF STORRY*****

My secretary called them twice yesterday and also today.... All said the same.. No more parts are imported so it is not possible to order one now...

Edited by TramsRepus

My secretary called them twice yesterday and also today.... All said the same.. No more parts are imported so it is not possible to order one now...

THAICBR probably still things I work there and I just do this so he cannot get one... hahaha

Nope. I just think its like your other posts.. no substance. HAHAHAHAHA

THAICBR probably still things I work there and I just do this so he cannot get one... hahaha

Lack of humor can cause bitterness, grudge and loneliness. Think positive man. Chinese say that balance is the key smile.png

Edited by wantan

Lack of humor can cause bitterness, grudge and loneliness. Think positive man. Chinese say that balance is the key smile.png

That was balance.. a balanced argument...It now seems that the bike in question is not available and the much lauded Homologation document is not for the the GPX ZF250 as claimed...see balanced haha

When you talk about Lifan you are accused of working for them, when you talk about Platinum you get accused of working for them, when you talk about GPX......

I like Richard's contributions, we don't get much Chinese bike information from anyone else.

Hey..what am I? Chopped liver? dry.png

That is such a weird figure of speech, is it still being used?

Sorry if I made you feel left out Nomad, my bad.

that was a common expression my parents use to use

I like Richard's contributions, we don't get much Chinese bike information from anyone else.

Hey..what am I? Chopped liver? dry.png

That is such a weird figure of speech, is it still being used?

Sorry if I made you feel left out Nomad, my bad.

Yes, I just used it. :)

Lol this bike is supposed to be 1 of the better Chinese makes out there ,if it's that good why are they are not making them anymore ,what if you bought one a couple of months ago ,no more parts available, just more reasons to stay away from these bikes.

Don't know where Richard gets his info from but he does consistently post wrong/incorrect info,reading his website I had to laugh at his comment that these things are better off road than the klx/crf.