Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

Hmmm, No wonder there were so many protests in Pakistan about the U.S using drones, they were perhaps closing in on target. Now for Ahmedinajad.

I like your Comment and the power of Drone helps the US fight the war in Afghanistan. The Americans are too nice toward President Ahmedinajad. In my opinion the American should help the Iranians plot the new Revolution.

The Wars against terrorism never goes away and the American has to be caution about the retaliation after the terrorists leaders got killed.I have no ideas what is the next chapter for the Americans.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bin Laden had become mainly a figurehead, but also a source of money. So will the cash flow now dry up or will the Mahabis in Saudi keep it flowing?

ROFL America entered both WW1 and WW2 way LATE. check the historic datelines, not all of the phantasy HW movies!

Better late than never. The Allies would have lost without them. ;)

Taking out Bin Ladin may save more lives.

Edited by Ulysses G.

What's next.. Is this good news or bad news?

Its no news and will change nothing.

Not news? What meds are you on? Looks to me like worldwide, this IS news.

Whether it will change anything or not is yet to be determined. I happen to think we will have an uptick in violence for at least the near future, but we will see.

Oh yeah, its a big head line, it shortens all 'the royal wedding, what you didn't know yet' news a bit, so what?

Osama as the evil mastermind who stands behind all terrorists attacks is a meme of the west. al-Qaida is a decentralised network, in the last couple of years its members have heard of Osama not much more than us and have been probably equally unsure if he is long gone, dead or still alive. Osama didn't played a big role anymore since quite a while. If he was killed in tora bora 10 years ago or just last week will not change much.

His dead will make your enemies not much more angry than the almost daily killings by NATO forces in the villages in Afghanistan or the drone strikes in Pakistan.

i wonder about you, bangkokeddy. You are one of the few, on both sides of the fence, who are so polarized in your views and so reaching in your statements as to belie belief.

Of course this is "news." Take a look at the international feeding frenzy going on right now. Take a look at this thread, for goodness sakes. Whether he played a big role lately or not doesn't matter. Whether he was killed in Bora Bora doesn't matter. Even if all the conspiracy theories being floated are correct, then the mere fact that this is being announced now is newsworthy (not that I agree with the tinfoil hat crowd myself.)

What his "dead" (sic) will do, I really don't know. I can hope, but I don't have that crystal ball in my possession. And if you think it will make no difference, well, that is your opinion, and it could very well be the correct opinion.

But to poopoo other posters with a pretty silly statement saying this is not "news" just goes to show how closeminded and yes, anti-American/West you really are. you can deny it all you want, but the bulk of your posts would support that interpretation of your views.

sadly the TV shows the level to which the general public in US has sunk to and the extent of their ignorance.

Rejoicing in anyone's death is unpleasant, and the fact that they don't realise how insignificant this is - apart from the inevitable "revenge" attacks shows how poorly the Us have handled affairs before and since 9/11. The fat that this date is considered the beginning by many again shows a lack of understanding.It looked for a few days after 9/11 that the US might have asked "WHY?" but in the end they chose a course of revenge and lowered themselves to the level of any crank who thinks that violence can bring and end to violence.

I guess you don't remember the parties the murderers threw. If you dont like it turn it. We have freedom of expression. We protect peoples opinions as well." The fact this date is considered the beginning" by whom, you? Based on all your covert intelligence.. They blew up thousands of women children and innocents. People diving out of windows to there certain deaths while the rest of us Americans watched in horror. Let your children die in this way, how would you feel? How would you feel when the man who so cowardly shielded himself with more civilians was finally brought to justice? We are treating his body with respect to the muslim religion. To say we lowered our selves to his level is preposterous! You kind sir take your head out ass and smell the fresh air as we are still rebuilding our families and the towers! We are not rejoicing in his death but in finally getting closure after all these years. I'm sure where you live in your little safety net everything is ok but when there is a big problem, in the real world peoples hands have to get dirty. And the United States of America is there. Take America out of the equation and you would be speaking German right now! Or do our little minds not remember passed yesterday? FOOLjerk.gif

If you could bother to read what I wrote - you'd be able to infer that I'm well aware that I believe that the US has sunk to the level or even below the level of their aggressors.

...and of course further on those bereft of an argument have to invoke "godwin's law".

One "ex-marine" declared on TV that "the war was over" - now where have I heard that before?????

It'll become apparent shortly that this is a dance too soon.

Bin Laden wasn't a cause, he was a symptom.

Obama said in his speech "one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America."

Robert Burns once wrote:

Ye hypocrites! are these your pranks?

To murder men, and give God thanks?

Desist for shame! Proceed no further:

God won't accept your thanks for Murther. :bah:

Who is this guy Murther that messed it all up for us... Bobby Burns had a great poem there, I mean it rhymed and that is all that matters... Here is another one I like

Chin in the air with a head held high,

I’ll stand in the path of the enemy line

Feel no fear, know my pride:

For God and Country I’ll end your life

does anyone still believe that it was terrorists in 2001?

Bin Laden faked the moon landing too.

And Bin Laden invented MC Donald's too......:jap:

I thought it was Burka King

What's next.. Is this good news or bad news?

Its no news and will change nothing.

Not news? What meds are you on? Looks to me like worldwide, this IS news.

Whether it will change anything or not is yet to be determined. I happen to think we will have an uptick in violence for at least the near future, but we will see.

Oh yeah, its a big head line, it shortens all 'the royal wedding, what you didn't know yet' news a bit, so what?

Osama as the evil mastermind who stands behind all terrorists attacks is a meme of the west. al-Qaida is a decentralised network, in the last couple of years its members have heard of Osama not much more than us and have been probably equally unsure if he is long gone, dead or still alive. Osama didn't played a big role anymore since quite a while. If he was killed in tora bora 10 years ago or just last week will not change much.

His dead will make your enemies not much more angry than the almost daily killings by NATO forces in the villages in Afghanistan or the drone strikes in Pakistan.

Another one full of conspiracy theories and anti American claptrap - step upto the plate and prove it!! Untill then for my money the USA is free to defend itself against terrorist attacks by islamic fundamentalists what Hitler was to the Nazis. Burn in hell Osama

Anybody remember the "offical" pentagon Jessica Lynch story? The one where her humvee was attacked, flipped over and she bravely defended herself unloading her M16 before using her knife to defend herself? She was shot, stabbed, raped and finally extracted from her captives in a daring rescue carried out by brave special forces? The effect of this story was a valuable spike of support for President Bush and the war effort.

Of course months later a less publicized story showed Lynch testifying before congress that the pentagon had made the whole story up. A fictional story created by Bush's pr propagandist Jim Wilkinson. Lynch said that in fact she offered no resistance at all. Her gun jammed and she crumpled to the grown crying and praying. She was never shot, stabbed or raped. She had a broken leg and other injuries which occurred when the humvee flipped. The "extraction" was nothing more than Jerry Bruckheimer theatrics and in real life the hospital she was in turned her over without any resistance.

Add the Lynch lie to the mountain of lies the Federal government has told over the decades and tell me how I am supposed to believe a dam_n thing they say?

Hmm...Living in a Palace in Pakistan, eh?

Time to Nuke the rest of that country.

Good riddance

There duplicity is beyond doubt and it is high time the U.S cut all funding to Pakistan, the only thorny problem is they are a 7th century theocracy with nuclear weapons.

I suspect the Pakistani authorities have some explaining to do as to how they could be unaware of Bin Laden's whereabouts.

You folks are quick to drink the koolaid :rolleyes:

Kool aide is quick and easy. It seems to be the preferred drink of our posters.

Firstly I'm glad to see Bin Ladin dead. Bout time.

Do I think he had a hand in 2001, yeah sure, but his hands weren't the only ones and I'm sure our govt knew MUCH more than it's letting on too.

Could he have been killed earlier?

Possibly. Benazir Bhutto, the popular female prime minister of Pakistan said several years back that Bin Ladin was killed years before. Then shortly after saying that she was murdered by "Al Qaida"

So who knows, I'm not gonna break out my tin foil hat or nothing, but I think there is more that meets the eye.

However until I can prove anything.... F' It, Congrats, US Military, Congrats ISI (Pakistan CIA), And Congrats Obama!

Pop Champagne!

Pakistan wants ex-PM Musharraf, charged him with terrorism and conspiracy to commit murder of Benazir Bhutto.

Now he hides in exile in some Kingdom. Will the US Military help to get him?

Can you show a link to Musharrafs charges? Do you know where hes hiding, do you think Al Quaiada should be let off the hook?

(OBAMA) No matter how long it takes justice will be done. ( WHO WRITES THIS CRAP FOR YOU ?) (OBAMA) We give thanks to the countless intelligence and counter-terrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. (sh t hope they weren't beaning paid by the hour) Ten years later truly amazing just can't help wonder how many people were heading up this team and how many tax dollars were spent . Wonder what all these people will do now? (maybe the tax payers will provide a well earned holiday for them.) I keep hearing that 3000 innocent people died. Yes that was on2/11 but how many other innocent people have died in the last ten years and how many innocent people have been torched and how many are still in jail ?(OBAMA) There's no doubt that ALQAUEDA will continue to pursue attacks against us. Talk about adding fuel to the fire well done i am sure that we can all celebrate now.Lams amongst the wolf's is the thought that comes to my mind.How many more innocent people will have to die in the quest for U.S. justice ?.(OBAMA) We can say to those families who have lost loved ones to ALQAUEDA terror .JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE. And what will OBAMA and the American people say to those who have lost innocent friends family and loved ones IN THE PURSUIT FOR WORLD PEACE or are they gust casualties of war?.God bless America. I wouldn't crack open the cold ones just yet.

sadly the TV shows the level to which the general public in US has sunk to and the extent of their ignorance.

Rejoicing in anyone's death is unpleasant, and the fact that they don't realise how insignificant this is - apart from the inevitable "revenge" attacks shows how poorly the Us have handled affairs before and since 9/11. The fat that this date is considered the beginning by many again shows a lack of understanding.It looked for a few days after 9/11 that the US might have asked "WHY?" but in the end they chose a course of revenge and lowered themselves to the level of any crank who thinks that violence can bring and end to violence.

Did you post the same hogwash to palestinians celebratin Israeli deaths on the west bank, or to terrorists cutting off the head of an American news reporter - no - only the free western democracies eh?? What do you mean by "the fat that this date"?