Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

I have to increase the font size on my screen, especially when I'm still drinking my coffee.... I saw the first word and the USA and....

OSAMA! Oh, I thought.....

Darn.

Wistful thinking but rather than creating yet another fallen icon for the left I'd be content if he was just voted out next year. But rest assured instead of credit going to where it belongs, to our intelligence services, Obama will take as much credit as he can get during the upcoming elections and it will indeed probably give him a boost in the polls.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless America! This is truly a great day. It would be great to be in NY right now. This day came because of Guantanamo and waterboards and all the other stuff that US bashers whine about . Where did the information come from that made this possible? Only thing I am sorry is that Bin Loser died too easy, and now US will probably have to pay a fine for polluting the ocean. Today I am very proud of America and US Navy and now conspiracy nuts can drone on but nothing can change the fact that this is a great day and justice is finally done.

God Bless America! This is truly a great day. It would be great to be in NY right now. This day came because of Guantanamo and waterboards and all the other stuff that US bashers whine about . Where did the information come from that made this possible? Only thing I am sorry is that Bin Loser died too easy, and now US will probably have to pay a fine for polluting the ocean. Today I am very proud of America and US Navy and now conspiracy nuts can drone on but nothing can change the fact that this is a great day and justice is finally done.

Let here some Yankee bashing which has been popular recently

Be proud of torture, imprisonment without trial/ jury, etc - its coming to a state near you under the guise of domestic terrorism so you can feel it first hand

Dont whine when it happens to you

Edited by PlanetX

Be proud of torture, imprisonment without trial/ jury, etc - its coming to a state near you under the guise of domestic terrorism so you can feel it first hand

Here here! wasnt it the blessing of one religious deity or another that kick started this whole thing?????

Osama bin Laden was killed in a mansion. Now we have to determine who did it, in which room and with what object.

it was either the butler or the gardener who caught him in the powder room :ph34r:

Hey i remember CLUElaugh.gif

The US throws his body in the ocean and burns his compound????

Would you prefer they bury him and thereby create a 'shrine' to inspire other wannabe terrorists?

whose body? and how could the Army fly so freely in the capital city and conduct such an operation. To much movie watching I guess.

\Only the FBI is still looking for him according to it's website under the 10 most wanted.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten

Maybe they had a monkey deal together, the Pakis and the Americans?

Would you prefer they bury him and thereby create a 'shrine' to inspire other wannabe terrorists?

I would prefer that they search the compound for "intell" and bury his body respectfully as a symbol that we are NOT what we are fighting against

But just like Sadaam, we cry against the inhumane treatment conducted by the 'terrorists" and then proceed to do the same thing

It severely blurs the line between what you are and what you are fighting against until one day you look in the mirror and cant tell the difference

Thats where homeland security becomes literally homeland security against domestic terrorists and you cant go to an airport, shopping mall, sporting event, etc without getting treated like your the enemy(because you have become the enemy of the state by allowing the state to no longer reflect the values that our country was founded on)

Edited by PlanetX

I would prefer that they search the compound for "intell" and bury his body respectfully as a symbol that we are NOT what we are fighting against and use the "shrine" as another intell gathering spot for undercovers

They've had a week to search the compound. I don't think they're a bit brighter than that.

Politically, this seals the deal for the second term for President Obama. This coupled with the republicans openly threatening to dismantle the Medicare program (old people vote) makes it almost impossible to beat Obama. Yes, I know Fox propaganda "news" will be shouting that Obama could have killed Bin Laden many months ago based on intelligence and waited for the beginning of the election cycle to do it. Maybe they're right, but it won't make any difference. Barack Hussein Obama killed Bin Laden, not the cowboy Bush. Just desserts all around!

Dont whine when terror reaches the shores of the defenseless Dont whine when they kill your innocents. Dont whine when they drag bodies through your streets. But when big bad america does nothing you whine and when america does something you whine. We kill Osama bin Laden you whine about the treatment of a very small group of prisoners. Lets attack your country and kill thousands , broadcast through out the world for all to see and even showing the happiness of the muslims in these terrorist hot beds. Sounds like your country would whine. We do not whine we take action and we did. Maybe you should stop whining and realize there are always casualties in war. But i'm sure your the one in the rear worried about the enemies comforts and their prayer times for which our victims have none.PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

Edited by FOODLOVER

Sounds like good news to me.

Yep I think it's going to slow their progress considerably and give pause for thought to others until now he seemed untouchable, therefore immortal to some, now onto the second in command Zawahri..

The thing is that Bin laden was living the good life in a comfy upscale 1 million dollar house in a cushy neighborhood in the middle of Islamabad and not like the rat he wants everyone of his followers who even sacrifice their lives to live, he's really quite the hypocrite and not the heroic martyr they may foolishly tag him as..

There is no doubt we all need to be vigilant out in public though but not sure that has changed much either there was always that need to be, whether it's from Al Qaeda or some other local thug or gang member..

Politically, this seals the deal for the second term for President Obama. This coupled with the republicans openly threatening to dismantle the Medicare program (old people vote) makes it almost impossible to beat Obama. Yes, I know Fox propaganda "news" will be shouting that Obama could have killed Bin Laden many months ago based on intelligence and waited for the beginning of the election cycle to do it. Maybe they're right, but it won't make any difference. Barack Hussein Obama killed Bin Laden, not the cowboy Bush. Just desserts all around!

Yes, unfortunately this may be the fallout for this success :( ...

Dont whine when terror reaches the shores of the defenseless Dont whine when they kill your innocents. Dont whine when they drag bodies through your streets. But when big bad america does nothing you whine and when america does something you whine. We kill Osama bin Laden you whine about the treatment of a very small group of prisoners. Lets attack your country and kill thousands , broadcast through out the world for all to see and even showing the happiness of the muslims in these terrorist hot beds. We do not whine we take action and we did. Maybe you should stop whining and realize there are always casualties in war. But i'm sure your the one in the rear worried about the enemies comforts and their prayer times which our victims no longer have. PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

Compare the number of civilian casualties between US soil terror attacks and US attacks on foreign soil

I would guess we have killed about 1 million in Iraq and Afghanistan

Is that the retaliation you want for the twin towers? To kill 1 million civilian Afghanis and Iraqis

Dont whine when terror reaches the shores of the defenseless Dont whine when they kill your innocents. Dont whine when they drag bodies through your streets. But when big bad america does nothing you whine and when america does something you whine. We kill Osama bin Laden you whine about the treatment of a very small group of prisoners. Lets attack your country and kill thousands , broadcast through out the world for all to see and even showing the happiness of the muslims in these terrorist hot beds. We do not whine we take action and we did. Maybe you should stop whining and realize there are always casualties in war. But i'm sure your the one in the rear worried about the enemies comforts and their prayer times which our victims no longer have. PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

Well said.

I would prefer that they search the compound for "intell" and bury his body respectfully as a symbol that we are NOT what we are fighting against

But just like Sadaam, we cry against the inhumane treatment conducted by the 'terrorists" and then proceed to do the same thing

It severely blurs the line between what you are and what you are fighting against until one day you look in the mirror and cant tell the difference

Thats where homeland security becomes literally homeland security against domestic terrorists and you cant go to an airport, shopping mall, sporting event, etc without getting treated like your the enemy(because you have become the enemy of the state by allowing the state to no longer reflect the values that our country was founded on)

I must've missed it, where was it mentioned that they threw his body in the ocean? I read earlier that officially they were going to honor the customs of the Muslim religion albeit of course in an unmarked grave so as not to allow for a sight of worship as should be done with any mass murdering criminal..

I find it difficult to believe this news, as there is very little evidence of the death of Osama bin Laden.

I am usually skeptical about conspiracy theories, but a lot of things about the 9/11 attacks are quite suspicious. e.g. the falling of Tower 7 was not even hit by a plane, yet it fell, and it looked very much like a controlled demolition. Also, the two main World Trade Center buildings were designed to withstand plane crashes, and jet fuel could not have burnt hot enough to melt all those steel beams (including the 47 big core steel columns). Thermite however burns over 500F hotter than jet fuel and can melt metal, and traces of thermite were detected by a physics professor in the rubble. There was molten metal seen even many days after the attacks. Also the official 9/11 Commission report states that none of the flight recorders of the 4 planes were recovered, yet one of the workers did witness seeing one being recovered and heard of two others being recovered. How could not even one be recovered from 4 planes?

So I am very skeptical of this "news" of the death of Osama Bin Laden, especially when there is no tangible or visual evidence.

Don't blindly believe everything that governments tell you. There are rich and powerful people working with and behind governments, a little like here in Thailand in which there are the military and retired generals and another group that we can't discuss.

A good documentary that covers the issues comprehensively with facts (including coverage of the 9/11 attacks) is the Zeitgeist series:

Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007) with 2010 update + a 220 page guide: Zeitgeist, The Movie- Companion Guide PDF

Zeitgeist: Addendum (2008)

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward (2011)

There are groups of people who profit immensely from war; prolonging wars increases their profits even further.

Edited by hyperdimension

Compare the number of civilian casualties between US soil terror attacks and US attacks on foreign soil

Is that the retaliation you want for the twin towers? To kill 1 million civilian Afghanis and Iraqis

Your nik is incredible irony...

Besides your guess work, do you have any hard facts to substantiate your claim of 1 million civilians killed by the US and coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Dream on... 6d647fd45fd67cd6bb0f9dcf509a8e92.gif

I'll second those sentiments and words. Wouldn't be nice to get a thank you from Saudi Arabia. Ok I know that's asking too much.

It's about time!

Obama'a the man. I say scrap all the cold war hardware and built a few thousand drones.

Obama is going to make a speech at 10:30

I firmly believe that bush could have got him early in the game but held the delta force guys back so that bush and his buddies could milk a few billion from the defence department.

Except it wasn't drones that got him it was old fashioned intel (or modern day I should say) combined with the best trained, most elite military boots on the ground..

It's about time!

Obama'a the man. I say scrap all the cold war hardware and built a few thousand drones.

Obama is going to make a speech at 10:30

I firmly believe that bush could have got him early in the game but held the delta force guys back so that bush and his buddies could milk a few billion from the defence department.

Except it wasn't drones that got him it was old fashioned intel (or modern day I should say) combined with the best trained, most elite military boots on the ground..

Bar one. :)

Hmm...Living in a Palace in Pakistan, eh?

Time to Nuke the rest of that country.

Good riddance

There duplicity is beyond doubt and it is high time the U.S cut all funding to Pakistan, the only thorny problem is they are a 7th century theocracy with nuclear weapons.

I suspect the Pakistani authorities have some explaining to do as to how they could be unaware of Bin Laden's whereabouts.

I would not at all be surprised if the intel and green light didn't come from the Pakistani's intel service. They have a fine line to walk there and seldom is anything you see or hear on the surface what is really going on underneath..