Re-Entry & 90Day Report On Airport?

Hi, I'm leaving Thailand on 15May but my 90day report will be expired on 9May. People say I can get Re-entry visa on airport, I'm wondering do they provide 90day reporting too? Anyone knows how it works? Thank you.

90 day reporting is not done at airport. You can get re-entry permit 0600-2400 if outbound pax.

Do I have to get 90day report before departure? The day I'm leaving is in 14days window period , so can I just leave the country without it? Thanks for the info.

Departure resets the reporting, so if its in the allowable window don't you think they would just let it slide? Not sure, just asking as it seems the more likely outcome but then, as always, guess it depends on the officer.

90 day reporting is not done at airport. You can get re-entry permit 0600-2400 if outbound pax.

Do I have to get 90day report before departure? The day I'm leaving is in 14days window period , so can I just leave the country without it? Thanks for the info.

Remember, depending on which Immigration office you deal with, you might just able to snail mail in the 90-day report. Chang Wattana, yes; Pathum Thani, no, for example.

Mac

It is not a 14 day window any more but a 21 day window.

14 day before and 7 day after the 90 day notification date to do the reporting thing.

So if you leave within the 7 day ( after the notification date ) you should be fine.

But with the immigration officers you never know for sure. ;)

When I left Bangkok last year I just took the 90day reporting slip out and put it in the bin, the Immigration officers at the Airport are not aware of such things. Then the day you return is day one, before the 90days are up again go to Immigration, make sure you show them your re-entry permit and new Arrival and Departure card, so then they can work out the 90days.

The window is 7 days after the date; if you report within that time frame. Expect you could face a 2,000 baht fine when making next report if they take the time to check carefully.

It is not a 14 day window any more but a 21 day window.

14 day before and 7 day after the 90 day notification date to do the reporting thing.

So if you leave within the 7 day ( after the notification date ) you should be fine.

When did the window changed to 14 days before? I wasn't aware of that.

I must beg to differ from the above piece I snipped!

I had an acquaintance 'caught out' on this exact scenario earlier this year. His 90 day report was due a few days before he was flying out of Thailand. He too mistakenly thought the 'reporting window of opportunity' was open for him.

Once he returned to the glorious "Land 'O Thais" and went to file his following 90 day report; much to his chagrin, the Immigrations officer noted his departure stamp and saw it was AFTER the date she had in the computer as far as when he was to have previously reported.

She fined him the 2000baht "standard fine" for failure to report on time. He didn't get pissy with her and thus wasn’t given the "maximum fine of 5000baht", which from personal observation seems to be reserved for the people who “piss and moan” about the injustice of it all. He just paid the fine and then turned in the new 90 day report.

It's you're choice and after all it is only 2000baht IF you're caught on it during your next reporting; BUT why not just report before you leave?

Unless I am mistaken the “window” of reporting up to 14 days early or 7 days late does NOT come into play at all, if you leave the country AFTER the date you're supposed to report.

I believe it’s merely a grace period given for people TO report; and NOT designed or interpreted as a way for people to get out of reporting, no matter how close after their report date they leave the country. :P

It would also appear from another thread on here that there could possibly now be a mandatory 200baht ‘service fee’ imposed by Immigrations at Suvarnabhumi to purchase a re-entry permit added to the 'regular cost' of the permit. Yet another incentive to go report and buy your re-entry permit at Changwattana. ;)

Oh and FWIW: they do keep a remarkable amount of data on foreigners in the 90 day reporting room at Changwattana. Passport number, Nationality, DOB, Sex, current address, Last entry into - Last departure outta, current departure card number, the kind of visa you originally came in on, the type of extension of stay you’re currently on, when that extension of stay expires, stuff like that. I mean really, it’s all on the screen when they key in your passport number.

Edited by tod-daniels

My uncle will be applying for the retirement visa soon.

And after that he will be applying for a multi-re-entry permit.

The problem is the 90 days reporting.

Because every two months or so he has to leave Thailand,

and will return back later to Thailand again.

In doing so, he would not have the chance of staying more

than 90 days until the one year extension expires.

Will he face any problems? Will it effect his retirement visa?

Your kind advice please. Thank you

Thanks, lopburi.

Assuming he leaves Thailand every two months,

then he need not have to do the "90 days" reporting

for the whole one year - right up to his expiry date?

Am I correct?

Thanks again, lopburi.