Do You Wear A Wrist Watch?

Semper

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had one and do'nt need one.

When your an old bugger you can usually tell by the position of the sun in the sky.. I can usually guess any time of day within a 15 minute time frame.

Can't seem to do the same when back home for some reason tho :huh:

Scout's honour? :rolleyes:

Wear one when I'm outdoors and strangely enough in bed too. In bed I wear it to check time during the night as I'm a poor sleeper and don't want to wake the wife up turning on the light. Two reasons I have one on when I go out: I feel strange without one, almost naked ;) and secondly, it's good to keep an eye on how much time I spend doing absolutely nothing :whistling:

Hi Judas ;)

Seriously ,i bet you would have slept like a Child if you left your watch in the sink :)

I have some experience my Chap ,so please listen: Forget the watch and all will be ok!!

Me? no wear ,me have mobile :rolleyes:

Ps: You have a phobia, WristwatchOPhobia hehehe.Stay Cool :)

Phobia is fear of something, I think you're trying to say he has an obsession..

I agree though probably best to take the watch off while sleeping, more comfortable all around..

I'm deeply touched by your concern gentlemen. Heart warming indeed :rolleyes: I feel it's my duty to attempt slumber without the psychological watch prop ;) Full report to follow in the AM

Nighty night!!! But get a little first, to help you sleep :D ... Oh an take your socks off too, don't know for certain, just guessing like..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Never had one and do'nt need one.

When your an old bugger you can usually tell by the position of the sun in the sky.. I can usually guess any time of day within a 15 minute time frame.

Can't seem to do the same when back home for some reason tho :huh:

Scout's honour? :rolleyes:

hehe, well spotted Semper, my equipment is going to waste :D

No, l don't even know what day it is, let alone the time. :huh:

Exactly the same for me.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning not knowing whether it`s Monday, Thursday or still in the weekend.

Don`t want to know the time or that it is another day nearer the grave, because it`s always later than we think.

Everybody carries a cell phone, no need for a watch, UNLESS it's one of those Lao '' Rolex '' ones to make you feel a million dollars eh. :D

My phone's a pain in the ass to take out of my case every time I want to check the time and I'd never invite a possible attack over a pretentious, fake Rolex, Seiko suits me just fine..

ah, a phone in a case.

nothing like a man wearing a utility belt. pure class.

Everybody carries a cell phone, no need for a watch, UNLESS it's one of those Lao '' Rolex '' ones to make you feel a million dollars eh. :D

My phone's a pain in the ass to take out of my case every time I want to check the time and I'd never invite a possible attack over a pretentious, fake Rolex, Seiko suits me just fine..

ah, a phone in a case.

You bet ya! I'm guessing by that comment you don't have one though huh :whistling: ?? So you carry it how then?? No wait! Let me guess!! In a fanny pack :cheesy: ???

Edited by WarpSpeed

I wear one all the time because I'm often expecting visitors, or I'm meeting someone at some place at a specific time, and I don't like to be late. But, I don't keep track of minutes. I just like to know time in a relative manner.

I like to keep busy and I don't like sitting around waiting, so I like to know how much time I have left before I leave. I"m not going to start a project when I know I don't have enough time before I have to go somewhere. I have a whole bunch of old wrist watches, but only one was expensive. Some keep better time than others and when they stop working I put them on a plate as toys for when my grandkids come to play..

watches_Em.sized.jpg

I wear one all the time because I'm often expecting visitors, or I'm meeting someone at some place at a specific time, and I don't like to be late. But, I don't keep track of minutes. I just like to know time in a relative manner.

I like to keep busy and I don't like sitting around waiting, so I like to know how much time I have left before I leave. I"m not going to start a project when I know I don't have enough time before I have to go somewhere. I have a whole bunch of old wrist watches, but only one was expensive. Some keep better time than others and when they stop working I put them on a plate as toys for when my grandkids come to play..

watches_Em.sized.jpg

I guess the Omega just left of centre (and up a tad) is the expensive watch you refer to.

I'm deeply touched by your concern gentlemen. Heart warming indeed :rolleyes: I feel it's my duty to attempt slumber without the psychological watch prop ;) Full report to follow in the AM

Judas

If you find you simply can't do it, then think "luminous dial" or a cheap Casio like mine with a button that lights up the dial. My watch stays on my nightstand all the time, only use it to see what time it is late at night when, like you, I can't sleep.

mario299 :)

Yes... of varous types. I'm a sucker for a nice watch in perhaps the same way some females like nice handbags. A watch is the only jewelry I would wear. I call a watch jewelry as really Rolex or a Panerai etc offers nothing more than cosmetics - Time is desplayed everywhere, so a watch is really not needed unless like a female who likes diamond rings a guys likes his watch.

I have my casual watches, smart casual watches, dress watches and a couple of cheaper every day wearers... I like watches.

Collecting watches has been one of my passions for many years. The more complicated the better. I don't consider watches to be a machine just to tell me time; I rather consider them as pieces of art made by highly skilled mechanics (hence only mechanical watches in my collection, all except one).

When home, I almost never wear a watch. But when I go out, I like to wear one, preferably with a leather strap. Metal bands make me itchy. And that means that I frequently have to replace the leather band. I tried many times steel, titanium, even gold, not comfortable outside. So I wear them only when I go to an indoor event (with air-con).

My favorite? My IWC Portuguese, because it has a very large face (42 mm) which I can read without glasses :D

In the house - no, but when on a 'run ashore' of course I wear one. My trusty 20 year old Seiko.

Just like I shave every morning and put on clean boxers.

Perhaps Sempers next topic " Do you ex-pats wear boxers in hot climates?"

:ph34r:

Time is desplayed everywhere, so a watch is really not needed unless like a female who likes diamond rings a guys likes his watch.

Not entirely true. In fact I'm always surprised to see a lack of clocks in the airports. I would think that patrons having to be on time for their flight, that there would be a clock in every area... but they are not. And, if you are coming in from another country where there is a time change, then it's easy enough to get mixed up. The same holds true for some bus stations. I have to search for a clock. Within the Thai cities I seldom see clocks anywhere. I usually carry two time pieces when I travel and keep one set for the arrival time at my destination and another for when I left.

ah, a phone in a case.

You bet ya! I'm guessing by that comment you don't have one though huh :whistling: ?? So you carry it how then?? No wait! Let me guess!! In a fanny pack :cheesy: ???

a pocket my friend, many of them modern trousers the kids are always talking about come with them.

And don't deny you wear a fanny pack when you head out on the weekend. the phone case is merely the first step.

admit it. you have a problem.

ah, a phone in a case.

a pocket my friend, many of them modern trousers the kids are always talking about come with them.

And don't deny you wear a fanny pack when you head out on the weekend. the phone case is merely the first step.

admit it. you have a problem.

Clearly not the one with "a problem".... <_< Especially when what a total stranger uses to carry their phone in becomes your obsessive business somehow? Actions of a sick f^*# if there ever was one ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes, I wear a watch; I'd feel naked without one. And it's practical too!

There's not ONE single person in my office who's not wearing one.

I tend to switch watches depending on the occasion and the clothes.