Thai Id Card \ Passport \ Help

Hello everyone ,

My name is Villy. I don't exactly know how my status defined in Thai Government's words but here's the list of everything.

I was born in Myanmar and have Thai Birth Registration. Father is Thai while Mother is from Myanmar.

My father came to Myanmar some years ago and the Royal Embassy of Thailand in Myanmar issued me a Thailand Passport.

And now I am in Thailand.

Now I have my Thai Passport but do not have an Identification Card.

I know getting AN IDENTIFICATION CARD is very important so that I get to become officially Thai and I was wondering if anyone can help me/ tell me :

What i need to do? (Step by step please)

Where i need to go?

How much i need to pay ? (If there are any)

What documents do i need?

If you have heard of any cases like mine I would Very Much Appreciate if you told me how that case worked out.

To sum it up, the main question is : "HOW DO I GET MY THAI ID CARD (I already have my PASSPORT) "

I am 16 years of age.

Thank you,

Villy

You are already Thai, (otherwise you would not have a Thai passport). The child of a Thai citizen is automatically Thai.

You need to apply for a Thai ID-card at the amphur where you are registered on the household book. Look for mere information here:

http://www.dopa.go.th/English/servi/bp2.htm

Being on a household registration book is the most important thing.

Hello, Villy.

You will need the following documents.

House register.

Thai passport.

Birth Cert.

Change of names cert ( if you have changed your name )

I just returned from Kalasin province three hours ago to obtain my

Thai I.D card. The most imporant 'DOCUMENT' is your house register. You will need someone else registered to the same house to vouch for you, so I suggest you

bring a family member along. 2nd is your birth Cert. Show this to Amphur with ur House reg. Make 2x copies of each document. This will save you nonesense time.

If you have all the correct paper work its a cut/paste process and shouldn't take more then an hour. I paid 100 bht for my I.D card. The hardest part of the process for me was

signing each photocopied document to prove they were mine. Yes, doesnt sound to complicated, but having to write it in Thai consenant letters made it quite difficult, lol.

Good luck

Cindy Jacobs x

Hello, Villy.

You will need the following documents.

House register.

Thai passport.

Birth Cert.

Change of names cert ( if you have changed your name )

I just returned from Kalasin province three hours ago to obtain my

Thai I.D card. The most imporant 'DOCUMENT' is your house register. You will need someone else registered to the same house to vouch for you, so I suggest you

bring a family member along. 2nd is your birth Cert. Show this to Amphur with ur House reg. Make 2x copies of each document. This will save you nonesense time.

If you have all the correct paper work its a cut/paste process and shouldn't take more then an hour. I paid 100 bht for my I.D card. The hardest part of the process for me was

signing each photocopied document to prove they were mine. Yes, doesnt sound to complicated, but having to write it in Thai consenant letters made it quite difficult, lol.

Good luck

Cindy Jacobs x

Just last month, my 36 yr old son was required to sign his name in Thai in bkk.

It took him a long time too. But the lady was very patient with us.

We were all so relieved, especially when he never practised writing his name in Thai before in his entire life!

If you have just some of those doc mentioned by Cindy, you ought to try to get your id card.

The officers there might be more than happy to point you to the right direction or even be kind enough to suggest some alternatives like in our case.

It bewildered everyone, why it took 36 yr for a Thai boy to fly to bkk to seek his Thai identity?

But it was fun for us, to complete this important step all by ourselves, with some very helpful suggestions from the local immigration officers there, of course.

Wish you every success.

Wow.. thank you all for all the information.

I'm glad I could find A LOT of help here. ^^

Thanks Again.

I will report back to you guys how it goes.

P.s I never knew double spacing lines in comments really make it look good. lol

Pretty much what cindyjacbos said. I would also recommend that you go there early as you can since it can get pretty busy around 10am And remember that they go out to lunch at 12pm.

Also I recommend practicing how to write your name in Thai if you don't know how. and Before going in, go make copy of all the documents to save you time.

Basically, the documents outlined above are what is needed.

Sounds like you'll need to get on a house register first. Going to where you have existing family and being entered there is the first step.

The ID card will be issued afterwards.

Hi again everyone,

So considering all the info i collect from the comments, the first thing that i need will be the house registration.

I am living with my father right now in the house that is registered in his mother's name.

So could anyone tell me what other documents i will need for my name to be registered into the household registration?

Thanks again very much,

Villy.

Thai passport

Your Thai birth certificate issued in Burma

Your father or another family member

Head of the household on the house register who will permit your name to go onto the register.

Considering that my parents married in Myanmar, will the Burmese Certificate Of Marriage be required as well?

Thanks

Nope, but to get on the Tabieen baan you'll need some ID of both your parents from memory (the tabieen baan actually says who your parents are).