4.8 Million Bt Spent On Flowers For Pattaya Beach

Pattaya_Fox

4.8 MILLION BAHT SPENT ON FLOWERS FOR PATTAYA BEACH AND EVENING BEACH ROAD CLOSURE ANNOUNCED BY THE MAYOR.

We joined the Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Niran on Pattaya Beach, early on Tuesday Morning as he inspected a new flower display which is part of the beach rebeautification program which will hopefully be completed by the start of the High Season. At A Staggering cost of 4.8 Million Baht, 5 locations along the beach were chosen and a variety of exotic plants and brick formations will rejuvenate the beach.

The mayor has decided that the Beach Road will be closed between 7 o`clock in the evening to Midnight on Weekdays starting soon so that many holes and problems along the beach can be cleared before the on-set of high season. If this planned closure was to go ahead then this is clearly bad news for Baht Bus drivers and businesses along the beach who will feel the effect of the beach closure.

Pattaya City News

uesday 4th October 2005.

At A Staggering cost of 4.8 Million Baht

Pattaya City News

uesday 4th October 2005.

4.8 million baht is about 60 grand UK money. its not a staggering amount of money!

these are goverment funds that are spent on municiple shared public areas, if they had spent a billion baht smartening up Pattaya beach then maybe i would be staggered

:D

Ps. I wonder if the enhanced the foliage with some local "bush" :D:o

The paved walk along side the beach is much better than it was a couple of months ago. Most of the holes have been filled with concrete but you still have to watch your step has it's easy to trip up where the paviers haven't been replaced. I would have preferred to see this money being spent actually finishing this walkway and road, and when are we going to see the new fountain at the bottom of Central rd. working? As for getting all these problems sorted before high season, Great! Just tell us which year? :o:D

4.8 Million Baht is PEANUTS! (Although try telling that to your Thai friend who's making 4000 baht a month and couldn't earn that much if they lived to be 100 years old.) My current favorite is this one:

72 Million Baht rescue boat for Larn Island unveiled, Pattaya City News, Friday 19th August 2005

Sorry I couldn't find the original so it's from the Google cache, which is a pity cause it's missing the photos. As any of you who saw this thing can attest: it was bee-yoo-tee-full!

Honestly I can't understand where Pattaya gets the money for these projects or who approves them. I suspect it's got something to do with most of the people living here being unable to vote here.

Agreed, there are much more pressing needs...for instance they just resurfaced many roads in South Pattaya..and without exception they "forgot " to raise the manhole covers to be flush with the new road surface ( not that they where flush before ) they also did the footpaths and as someone on this forum predicted they are now a total mess after a bit of rain !!!!!!!!

They still haven't finished burying the power cables along beach road...it's said they would resurface the whole promenade when that project is finished ( if ever ) so all those flowers will have to be moved again anyway :D:D

Amazing Thailand :o:D:D

than they need again 4.8 mill for flowers.

considering the high labour costs of approx. 4000 Baht/month, and that they dig out the flowers somewhere near.

fxm: for your calculation: you don't know how long they'll need to complete it.....

Agreed, there are much more pressing needs...for instance they just resurfaced many roads in South Pattaya..and without exception they "forgot " to raise the manhole covers to be flush with the new road surface ( not that they where flush before ) they also did the footpaths and as someone on this forum predicted they are now a total mess after a bit of rain !!!!!!!!

They still haven't finished burying the power cables along beach road...it's said they would resurface the whole promenade when that project is finished ( if ever ) so all those flowers will have to be moved again anyway  :D    :D 

Amazing Thailand  :o  :D  :D

Great Pictures

It looks like nice and I hope they keep up the good work. It takes money. With all the farangs in the area there could be more funding by civic groups of projects like this. Government can't do it all... unless you want an income tax.

More photos here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...album&album=252

(well hope that works    :D )

Yeah, great pictures johng. Cheers. Looks like no progress has been made in the last couple of months(apart from covering up the <deleted> with flowers) :o

I just love the unnatended open man holes. Could you imagine the Health and Safety officer in the UK, with that one :D