If You Won 20 Million Baht

Farma

What would you do if you won 20 million Baht?

If you were too young to retire, had a nice wife and small children, wanted to spend your life in Thailand.

Let’s see, 1 Mil for a nice car, a few mil for a nice house, maybe a mil or so for the sick buffalo.

What would you do with the rest? How would you invest it to provide a nice steady income?

The ultimate goal is an income good enough to put your kids through private school, for you and family to live on, and provide for your eventual retirement.

What would you do?

Don't spend the 20 mil. Give the money to a professional to invest that charges 1% or less. On an average annual return of 10-11% allocate 5% for your annual allowance leaving the rest to battle inflation and down years. Now go spend the 5% anyway you please from now on.

Don't spend the 20 mil. Give the money to a professional to invest that charges 1% or less. On an average annual return of 10-11% allocate 5% for your annual allowance leaving the rest to battle inflation and down years. Now go spend the 5% anyway you please from now on.

And too think I was gonna suggest a deluxe suite room at Poseidon. :o

Sounds good.

Would it be enough to live on? Would businesses provide better returns? We don't want all our eggs in the one basket do we?

If you were too young to retire, had a nice wife and small children, wanted to spend your life in Thailand.

Let’s see, 1 Mil for a nice car, a few mil for a nice house, maybe a mil or so for the sick buffalo.

What would you do with the rest? How would you invest it to provide a nice steady income?

The ultimate goal is an income good enough to put your kids through private school, for you and family to live on, and provide for your eventual retirement.

What would you do?

only 20M ? I would expect most people in their 30s,40s to be worth at least that. Lets play the 1 billion baht game !!!

Good to see there are still some generous people willing to feed the poor, the beer barons and take good care of the soi dogs.

A billion would be nice to start with, but this challenge starts with a measly 20 Million. That equals US$500,000 for the Americans readers. :o

Let’s see, they could start a real estate office for way less than 1 Mil and earn more than 10% on the investment. Maybe a franchise would make money? What about the returns from fattening cattle? Oops, farming, that would need the wife looking after them.

Come on, there must be some good ideas out there.

This challenge has to be possible.

What would you do?

Have you won one? :D

If not, why are you asking this? :D:D

If I won one, I'd give half the prize money to my wife, say good bye to her and go out find new one. :o

What would you do?

Have you won one? :D

If not, why are you asking this? :D:D

If I won one, I'd give half the prize money to my wife, say good bye to her and go out find new one. :o

Oops, my wife just found it, ######. :D:D:D

20 million is a decent sum to build a life on here.

A million on a car. 2 million on a house in Chiang Mai or somewhere similar. Blow a million on a lot of meaningless crap.

That leaves 16 million. Invested in some relatively 8% invesment, and you're looking at an income of 100,000 baht a month, on top of anything else you can generate from income or existing investments.

Have you won one?

No, wouldn’t it be nice though.

If not, why are you asking this?

Adding life to the forum, and getting a few ideas for the future. :o

If I won one, I'd give half the prize money to my wife, say good bye to her and go out find new one.

She’d have it in the divorce anyway. :D

Oops, my wife just found it, ######.

Som Num Nar :D:D

I would buy a nice truck, land, build a 2nd house, plasma tv, new washer & dryer (this does not mean get a new wife), new hi-fi for the new plasma tv, and buy things for all my Thai friends who helped me since I have been here. I would probably buy a new truck for my wifes father.

I would not tell a soul I had won, but I can guarantee that the Bahtbus.com led supporters of Father G’s Camillian Centre would have an inkling as the 2005 JAIDEE APPEAL JW DRUNKATHOLON: IN MEMORY OF AOM would break all records… :o

Edit: If you have not read the thread started by richardb, please click on: Dying Girlfriend?

Edited by Noel

You're much more likely (millions of times more likely) to make 20 million Baht by applying the time one dreams about someone giving them 20 million. Lotteries and the like help keep the people poor the world over.

Now if my portfolio appreciated 20 million in a month, or if I made 20 million on a piece of real estate, I'd put those funds back to work immediately (take profit... or not... and put it into more real estate or take real estate gains and again, put it into more real estate).

An idea I've been toying with is to make generational trusts (in land, because who knows what stocks or currencies will be like 50 to 100+ years from now) for my family that could only be accessed (and even so, only on a limited basis *perhaps under the stipulation that it could only be rented out, and never sold* over the course of their lives) by the particular generation it was meant for.

:o

Have you won one?

No, wouldn’t it be nice though.

If not, why are you asking this? 

Adding life to the forum, and getting a few ideas for the future.  :o 

If I won one, I'd give half the prize money to my wife, say good bye to her and go out find new one. 

She’d have it in the divorce anyway.  :D

Oops, my wife just found it, ######.  

Som Num Nar :D  :D

Take it easy, I was kidding. :D

I'm not even allowed to think or dream in that way. :D

Seriously if I won one, I'd spend couple of million on building swimming pool and the rest, my wife's bank account. :D:D:D

I would not tell a soul I had won, but I can guarantee that the Bahtbus.com led supporters of Father G’s Camillian Centre would have an inkling as the 2005 JAIDEE APPEAL JW DRUNKATHOLON: IN MEMORY OF AOM would break all records… :o

Edit: If you have not read the thread started by richardb, please click on: Dying Girlfriend?

Thanks for the pointer Noel. I just read it all and was crying

so yes, all the money must go to causes like that :D