Gas Water Heater

Gonsalviz

I found a big gas water heater in Home Pro for about 5,600.

Anyone know if they are available cheaper. Don't need a big one.

Thanks.

What exactly do you mean ?

The unit is very large and i need a smaller one ?

The unit has way to much power for my needs ?

The unit i have and some other talking about is not that large and is the same size/model others mentioned here with picture . If you talk about power , it is 10kw max so yes that is a lot but it is tunable to lower ratings . I have no problem tuning it so that my hot water is just too hot to have a shower but i won't get burned or anything like that . I mix a bit of cold water to manage the wanted temp in the shower and or bath . As far as i know of this is the smallest model and will suit most houses , as long as you have a pump and mixing valves and not 5 showers at the same time .

Is it the same model you are talking about or are you mentioning a different type ( like 1 with a boiler ? ) .

Thanks.

The unit i have and some other talking about is not that large and is the same size/model others mentioned here with picture . If you talk about power , it is 10kw max so yes that is a lot but it is tunable to lower ratings . I have no problem tuning it so that my hot water is just too hot to have a shower but i won't get burned or anything like that . I mix a bit of cold water to manage the wanted temp in the shower and or bath . As far as i know of this is the smallest model and will suit most houses , as long as you have a pump and mixing valves and not 5 showers at the same time .

Is it the same model you are talking about or are you mentioning a different type ( like 1 with a boiler ? ) .

It appears to be the one pictured in post # 24.

Perhaps it was innapropriate to say it is "large", rather than expensive.

I'd rather pay around 3,000, but it appears that is not possible.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks.

It appears to be the one pictured in post # 24.

Perhaps it was innapropriate to say it is "large", rather than expensive.

I'd rather pay around 3,000, but it appears that is not possible.

Thanks anyway.

I do not remeber how much i payed in GH but it was around the same price . If you think about it , for the price you would struggle to find any unit which heats water that way . For me , i did not need a 10kw model also , a 8 kw model would be plenty ( 1 shower 1 bathtub) but considering the price i do not find anything to complain about. 5900 may be more expensive then the cheapest elec models but they are nowhere the same capacity like this one .

If you want to try one, take a drive to Khon Kaen. Stay at the Rachawadee Resort (near airport - good place, BTW). They apparently have gas water heaters.

Showers were awesome! Had to mix hot and cold to get the temp down. LOTS of water pressure! Can't get with single use electrics .. even under-counter models.

Wife absolutely loved it and asked why they are not used more in TL. I suppose it's that most Thai houses don't make plumbing provisions, and many electric heaters are added as afterthought.

Edited by klikster

• 11 months later...

Thanks.

I know this is an old thread, BUT i`ve just phone Homepro and they don`t stock any Gas Water Heaters now......Can some please give me info on where to get one....thanks, ragards

I have looked repeatedly for gas water heaters after seeing a wall-mounted one in Chiang Mai years ago. I have asked every shop here in Phuket and everyone denied that they even exist which of course is hardly true (if they have not heard of it, it must not exist.) In the US, at least in California, gas heated water is very common and these days, usually combined with solar, the tank being used to store the pre-heated water and the gas only turns on when necessary. I have seen no such system here.

I would like to know if this company exists in Thailand, the one mentioned above, A-O Smith?

I gave up and installed an electric 200 liter water heater (but it has no thermostat, I blew it there so the water comes out scalding, I have to warn guests) and it costs about 250 THB per month in electricity and I have had it for 10 years. I never run out of hot water, there is always more than enough.

I have also never seen a tank type gas water heater here - and only seen electric for use in hotels. Private homes use point-of-service flow control units. Gas point of service units used to be popular and cheap but have been replaced almost totally by electric as people enclosed bathrooms (making venting required for gas) and RCB helped to make electric safer. I changed several decades ago here in Bangkok but suspect in cooler regions the gas option might be better (was totally too hot for Bangkok water).

Actually last week I was up in Lamphun and I stopped in to a big appliance dealer that had all the stuff one needs to outifit a place from cookers to air cons to water heaters

They has a separate room off the main showroom just for fans and water heaters. In the display they had 3 models of the Rinnai brand gas fired instant on demand heaters ranged in price from 5-7 thousand baht. Also had the Stiebel tank heaters electric as well as the gamut of on demand electric heaters

On demand gas heaters are available in my local Rayong area also

• Like 1

Longball, thanks for that. They didn't have the large 100 to 200 liter tanks in gas, only the on demand ones, right? My water heater is downstairs in a storeroom and I have a gas pipe in the same room which runs gas up to my stove, the gas bottle is outside the wall in a open-air covered area, so gas venting is not an issue for me. I could use the same gas tank just by running a another extension off of it.

The electric works fine, it's just that I know it's going to have to be replaced so it would be nice to have a gas option next time. Google produces nothing in English, will try it in Thai later.

Having one water heater run to all the taps is a lot better than having two or three or more of these on-demand things. It's cheaper, and the risk of electric shock is eliminated.

The gas venting is for the burner unit - not the bottle. Without venting carbon monoxide can provide a long sleep so location of the burner is critical. I trust you have good ventilation in your gas stove area?

I have also never seen a tank type gas water heater here - and only seen electric for use in hotels. Private homes use point-of-service flow control units. Gas point of service units used to be popular and cheap but have been replaced almost totally by electric as people enclosed bathrooms (making venting required for gas) and RCB helped to make electric safer. I changed several decades ago here in Bangkok but suspect in cooler regions the gas option might be better (was totally too hot for Bangkok water).

The Rheem dealer in BKK shows them http://www.j7eng.com.../rheem-gas.html

Edited by klikster

I'd like to have a tank type electric water heater maybe 100 liters. The ones I have found are preset at 65 C. None were adjustable down to 38 - 40 C. I want to use the water directly to the shower head and don't want to have to use a mixer valve.

• 6 months later...

I've bought one from Globalhouse but they do have it at Homepro and probably the others also . It was just below the 6000 baht mark and has 10kw power . The brand name is Mazuma model , i do not remember . 10 kw is plenty for a hot tub and a shower at the same time ( or very cold water ) . Normal water heaters are 3500 watt , a bathtub heater is 6 to 8 kw ( elec models ) .

Homepro did have it on display while Globalhouse i did have to ask if they had it . Any big store like those 2 ( Homemart , Boonthavorn , Homeworks ...) will more then probably have it .

I was looking for a gas model but may have to opt for electric.

The 10kw model from Mazuma , which i have ,is a gas model . I only compared to the elec ones sold for bathtub and shower . 10 kw should be enough but i think they do have a stronger model of 15 kw also .

The specs on the Mazuma are

Model LPG-10-5CR

Dimension WxHxD 370x640x190 mm.

Net Weight 6.7 kg

Rate Heat Load 10000 W.

Operating Pressure 0.2 Bar-10 Bar

Temperature Adjustment

Linear Control

Special Features 1. Safe cost because of using LPG.

2. 5 Safety points system.

Question is it it large enough for a 3 shower/ kitchen home?

I know this is an old topice but I wonder if anyone can help me - I have a Mazuma gas heater bought from Global the flue exit seems to be 3.5" and I need to source a chimney(fle) for it (I plan to site this unit outside the house) Anyone know if Mazuma sells them or if I can buy one somewhere