La Fourchette, Chiang Mai

Rikioh053

I'm new to this forum, so go easy on me. I just want to share a bit of my experience @ the La Fourchette restaurant. I had the beef (New Zealand beef tenderloin )stroganoff in wine sauce which was deciduous. Before the main meal, they serve some kind a cold meat pathé as appetizer which was very yummy. I don't know much about French food, but this restaurant would be a great place to try out. It's a nice little place to take your dates or your family. The staff and chef are really friendly and would come by once in while to check on you to see if everything was alright. I had a great time asking question about their food and just a great conversation over all. The price wasn't that bad either, it came out to be 370 baht (includes: appetizer + main course + desert & a glass of their house wine). I was please with my order and would recommend my friends and anyone who would want to try out new and friendly French restaurant. I will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Edited by sbk

do they speak french ?

I miss speaking my native language :D

its been 2 week that i only spoke broken english and very broken thai :whistling:

Max, there are a few french-speaking bars and restaurants around. I know of one. I'll send it to you in PM. Lots of French expats at those places too.

Rikioh,

I used to be like you - new to the forum. One thing I learned pretty quickly was that the Search function, above right, is amazingly useful. In fact, you will discover this particular restaurant has been mentioned by a number of long-term members on this forum, so you are in tune with some of us already!

You might be glad to discover other dishes folks liked while adding your preferences to them. Also, by adding to an existing thread, your opinion might be better received by sceptical people such as myself who always, no matter what, suspect a newbie of advertising. But that's my problem.

Every time I've been there, one may speak French to a native speaker greatly worth cultivating for advice. Just lucky, I guess. Due to his suggestion, I enjoyed an eggplant and fish dinner (marvelous sauce) that was extraordinary. They lean on potatoes a lot for the complex carb, and I don't mind not having rice, considering, but I hope noodles appear more. (Maybe they have??)

Anyway, it's more inviting for me to eat when it is more cool. And it's cool, Hmm.

Edited by CMX

I am new to this forum. In fact as this is my first post let me post a restaurant review with full contact details including address, land and cell numbers....

Shameless advertisement.

ps. I will give it a try though - thanks.

Edited by mickscottatlanta

do they speak french ?

I miss speaking my native language :D

its been 2 week that i only spoke broken english and very broken thai :whistling:

Max, there are a few french-speaking bars and restaurants around. I know of one. I'll send it to you in PM. Lots of French expats at those places too.

SUNSET!!!!! (Or 'Sunrise'.. naming is a bit confused.)

Great place. Also when you don't speak a word of French.

http://siamtravelmap.com/chiangmai/sunset-sunrise-cafe/

I used to be their biggest fan but my last three visits were horrific. We waited 45 minutes for the first course and 1 hour for the second. The restaurant was not full. My new favorite is called LAPIN but I don't really want it to get too busy so I will give no further details except to say that food, service and atmosphere are wonderful and the prices are VERY reasonable.

Bit late now, but advertising of this nature is a tad excessive and pretty much only allowed to sponsors. Full details removed and the thread closed.