Yellow Tabien Baan, Kor Ror 13

I went to the district office last week on some other business and took the opportunity to ask face to face about the eligibility of foreigners for the gold card scheme. The official said that foreigners are definitely no longer eligible and showed me a leaflet that clearly states that only Thais with ID cards and a 13 digit ID number are eligible. Foreigners already in the scheme are grandfathered in and their rights are unaffected (for now anyway), although they can't get replacement cards, if they have lost them or never received them, as in my case. However, I can still get treatment at the government hospital nearest to me where I am registered on production of tabian baan and passport. Those foreigners who have gold cards must have all got them before the rules changed which I think was quite recently.

Does anybody know when this right was revoked? My company's Burmese workers were certainly issued with Gold Cards with a validity period of one year (or some equivalent that allows them 30 THB health care) as part of the process when the company applied for new Worker Cards to be issued at the end of February this year. They all already had cards, so I guess they could well be grand-fathered in to the scheme.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need to be on a work permit for the goldcard? How would I go abbout trying to apply for this card?

I went to the district office last week on some other business and took the opportunity to ask face to face about the eligibility of foreigners for the gold card scheme. The official said that foreigners are definitely no longer eligible and showed me a leaflet that clearly states that only Thais with ID cards and a 13 digit ID number are eligible. Foreigners already in the scheme are grandfathered in and their rights are unaffected (for now anyway), although they can't get replacement cards, if they have lost them or never received them, as in my case. However, I can still get treatment at the government hospital nearest to me where I am registered on production of tabian baan and passport. Those foreigners who have gold cards must have all got them before the rules changed which I think was quite recently.

Does anybody know when this right was revoked? My company's Burmese workers were certainly issued with Gold Cards with a validity period of one year (or some equivalent that allows them 30 THB health care) as part of the process when the company applied for new Worker Cards to be issued at the end of February this year. They all already had cards, so I guess they could well be grand-fathered in to the scheme.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as an update, this book is already paying off well!

I used it so far for:

-Opening business bank account (got no WP yet)

-Registering a car in my name.

-Thai Driving License

No need to go to the embassy and pay 1100 every time for a letter.

As an aside, when dealing with public and/or private institutions, their attitude does change a bit when they see it.

• Like 1

"Yes, you would need a work permit for that and pay your taxes and contribution to the social sececurity fund."

It might be true that you need a WP initially, to get into the system, but it's not an requirement once you are in. At least not a requirement in my experience.

Foreigners are treated just like Thais by the SS Office, and they don't need WP's. I've never read that there are special rules for 'us'.

Taxes don't have any relationship to SS.

Once in the system, you remain in the system for 6 months after stopping making payments.

If you want to continue in the system you can pay on your own, without eligibility through employment. 432 baht a month.

I am not when they changed the rules but I think it might have been last year. Are you sure your Burmese workers don't have social security cards, not gold cards?

Edited by Arkady

Do you need to be on a work permit for the goldcard? How would I go abbout trying to apply for this card?

Sorry, you are too late to get a gold card. They used to be issued to foreigners with a tabien baan but now they will not even issue replacement cards now for foreigners who have lost them, although they can still get treatment at the hospital they are registered at (the nearest government one), if they bring along passport and tabien baan. If you get a job and a work permit, you will have to pay Bt 750 a month contribution and you will get social security card that you can use straight away at any private hospital that is a member of the scheme. Otherwise there is always self-insurance.

"If you get a job and a work permit, you will have to pay Bt 750 a month contribution and you will get social security card that you can use straight away at any private hospital that is a member of the scheme."

Unless there have been major changes very recently, this is not accurate. Have there been?

Once you enter the system there is a 3 month period before you can use the benefits.

You can only use the hospital, private or government, that you have been assigned. You cannot just use "...any private hospital that is a member of the scheme.".

Not everyone with a job and a work permit is eligible for social security.

• 8 months later...

Can you please clue me in on the meaning of MFA? Thanks.

It has nothing to do with visa or extension of stay and does not allow you to stay here. Basically it is an official record of non Thai occupants living is a property. It can serve as proof of address when that is requested and has an alternative number that can be used instead of passport number for some things. Until recently most places did not want to issue except for those foreigners owning property but now most seem willing to do so.

Unless your yellow book includes a mug shot of your good self, I fail to see how it can be used in lieu of your passport as proof of ID. As regards proof of address, Bangkok Bank send me monthly statements relating to my GBP account with them, which would presumably equally do the trick. And when I applied for my first annual extension of stay last year, Maptaphut Immigration were happy to accept my wife's blue book and our KR2 marriage certificate as sufficient proof of my address - even though I was seeking the extension on retirement grounds.

I did make a vain attempt to obtain this hallowed book for myself a couple of years ago, which included a fun day at the MFA while they quibbled a number of times the translation of my Embassy letter. Eventually they did provide the necessary certification, only for our amphur then to reject the document on the grounds that the Thai spelling of my surname was not identical to my wife's in her ID card. At that, point, after much wasted effort, I decided to give up......

No, it's not in lieu of your passport but it is a certificate of where you live. "You" in this case being the person who holds that passport, with that picture but with no address shown in the passport.

I want the Yellow Tabienban, because my embassy charges me a fortune for each Address Certification Letter (which doesn't have a photograph either).

My embassy/consulate (Germany) refused to issue me again a Certificate of Residence as must have proof that I live at the given adress in Thailand.

Another way to obtain a Letter of residency, is to fill out a form "Application for Residence Certificate in Thailand" together with a 2 pages Personal Information form from the immigration office.

With that Residency Permit I could go to the Amphur and get a Yellow Tambian Baan,

Or maybe not get it, as they require the passport pages authentification as well.

Not all Amphur offices have the same regulations/requirements for he YTB.

I am applying now for the Yellow Tabian Baan book, but will need a authentificatian stamp on all relevant passport pages, from the MFA, retirement visa, re-entry permit, last entry stamp with permit to stay.

Do you need property to have the yellow tb? Or just the paperwork noted on post number 1?

Silly me, of course I forgot to mention that copy of wife's tabien baan is required. The key doc, actually.

Otherwise NO yellow tabien baan.

I will edit my OP.

edit: I can't edit OP. Shucks. Can a mod put it in?

I have a yellow Tambian baan and I am not married.....

How did you do that.

I need all kinds of paperwork and wife to go to Amphur with me , along with witnesses, Phuyai Baan to sign for me forms, that I am a good guy.

Did you need the passport front pages ,visa entry pages translated and authentisized from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Did anybody get the issuance of a Yellow Tabian Baan Book rejected for whatever reason.

Do you have to be married to get one YTB/B?

I am married with children and we live in our own house.

Reason for applying of the YTB/B is access to a Thai Hospital here in the in case of a emergency.

I am over 65 years old.

My embassy/consulate (Germany) refused to issue me again a Certificate of Residence as must have proof that I live at the given adress in Thailand.

Another way to obtain a Letter of residency, is to fill out a form "Application for Residence Certificate in Thailand" together with a 2 pages Personal Information form from the immigration office.

With that Residency Permit I could go to the Amphur and get a Yellow Tambian Baan,

Or maybe not get it, as they require the passport pages authentification as well.

I am applying now for the Yellow Tabian Baan book, but will need a authentificatian stamp on all relevant passport pages, from the MFA, retirement visa, re-entry permit, last entry stamp with permit to stay.

You are replying to an old thread.

I am surprised the German Embassy would not issue the Certificate of Residence. They have done that for me on many occasions, maybe the regulations have changed. I want to get the yellow tabienbaan because the Embassy is so expensive...

But then, I think they can only issue the certificate if you are registered as resident in Thailand with them. Are you?

Am interested in Yellow T. Baan myself, not for medical reasons though.

Would anybody have up to date info re requiremens to be met in order to get YTB?

I have non o retirement, and I don't have Thai wife.

I would assume that one of the crucial issues would be proof of address.

If owning a condo that should suffice, I guess.

What if you rent a place, that being condo or house, does that suffice as permanent address?

Would anybody have up to date info re requiremens to be met in order to get YTB?

What if you rent a place, that being condo or house, does that suffice as permanent address?

That's my situation, and the owner of the house will go with me and bring his blue tabien baan and his ID. Let's what happens.

That's my situation, and the owner of the house will go with me and bring his blue tabien baan and his ID. Let's what happens.

Had a go at the office yet?

Is there a type of "house book or yellow book " that can be obtained for an expat condo owner in Thailand? I am not married. Apologies if this has already been discussed.....

Condo owners get a blue book, regardless of their nationality.

Is there a type of "house book or yellow book " that can be obtained for an expat condo owner in Thailand? I am not married. Apologies if this has already been discussed.....

Not sure if they get their names in the book though?

Correct - there is no name recorded in the Blue Book for a non Thai owner.

You are replying to an old thread.

I am surprised the German Embassy would not issue the Certificate of Residence. They have done that for me on many occasions, maybe the regulations have changed. I want to get the yellow tabienbaan because the Embassy is so expensive...

But then, I think they can only issue the certificate if you are registered as resident in Thailand with them. Are you?

Yeah I guess that's the problem.

I had my residence in the new passport ( issued by the embassy in Bangkok) in Thailand. I changed it back to my home country on my last return.

Still I need the yellow Tabian Baan Book, as I reside here in LOS with my Thai family as well.

Do I need a Residence Certification for a renewal of my retirement visa soon?.

Some members stated a utility bill, telephon/electricity in my name, is accepted by the immigration as proof of residency.

If you have a Thai family and live with them suspect immigration will take there home register as proof of your residence. I have never been asking for any proof but originally had Thai wife extension and have not changed residence. And yes a lease or bill would normally be accepted.

Correct - there is no name recorded in the Blue Book for a non Thai owner.

The exception is when the non-Thai owner is also has PR. In that case, his/her name is recorded into the Blue Book.

People always comment on the usefulness of the book.

I have used it for Driving Lic no need for embassy letter (twice).

Purchase and register 2 cars and 2 motorbikes.

People generally become very helpful when presented with it.

The fact it has saved me 6 trips to the embassy for a letter proving my address so it is worth having one in my opinion.!

• Like 1

I was also issued a Thai '30 bht' medical card after getting my yellow book. Not that my first choice for medical care would be a government hospital but should a dire emergency arise I guess it's a useful fallback.

Apetley,

Who issued your Thai "30 baht" card -what government agency in the village"? I just got my yellow book and then check at our local hospital about the medical card and was told "No". But I've heard number of people getting the card once they have the yellow book.

People always comment on the usefulness of the book.

I have used it for Driving Lic no need for embassy letter (twice).

Purchase and register 2 cars and 2 motorbikes.

People generally become very helpful when presented with it.

The fact it has saved me 6 trips to the embassy for a letter proving my address so it is worth having one in my opinion.!

Yep, that's why I have it. Used it for DL, car purchase and insurance stuff.

Makes official stuff MUCH easier. Not mention when extension of stay time is coming around again.