Chiang Mai Fungus

flakes

Dear Chiang mai residents,

I have heard that there is a higher rate of lung cancer patients especialy in certain areas of chiang mai...

It not clear for me wether this is from some fungus in or outside the home..

does anyone knows more about this issue? what locations in side or outside?

Flakes

There are some areas in the outer provinces of Chiang Mai that have the highest amount of lung cancer cases in the whole of Thailand.

I personally know that many of my neighbors have died from cancer. The funerals seem never ending.

The causes are blamed on: chemical spraying of plants and crops. The chemicals contaminate the soil and also get into materials used for house building.

Then there is the burning of vegetation by farmers and local people, plus the burning of industrial and domestic waste. Living in some districts is the equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes per day. We are breathing this crap in 24 hours of evey day throughout the year..

Also a huge danger comes from those mobile phone signal broadcasting masts, the high towers with a red flashing light on top. These transmit microwaves and many are erected right in the heart of residential areas.

No one seems interested in doing anything about the problem, laws are not enforce and in many cases the locals have the blessing of the councils to continue this age old tradition.

post-110219-0-16893000-1304706624_thumb.

post-110219-0-25273400-1304706635_thumb.

post-110219-0-15599400-1304706644_thumb.

post-110219-0-15871000-1304706659_thumb.

post-110219-0-32307500-1304706780_thumb.

Also a huge danger comes from those mobile phone signal broadcasting masts, the high towers with a red flashing light on top. These transmit microwaves and many are erected right in the heart of residential areas.

Hi no issues with the rest of your post but if you really believe this then don't use a mobile phone yourself because the level of radiation to your head from the handset is thousands of times stronger than from the nearest tower.

There are some areas in the outer provinces of Chiang Mai that have the highest amount of lung cancer cases in the whole of Thailand.

I personally know that many of my neighbors have died from cancer. The funerals seem never ending.

The causes are blamed on: chemical spraying of plants and crops. The chemicals contaminate the soil and also get into materials used for house building.

Then there is the burning of vegetation by farmers and local people, plus the burning of industrial and domestic waste. Living in some districts is the equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes per day. We are breathing this crap in 24 hours of evey day throughout the year..

No one seems interested in doing anything about the problem, laws are not enforce and in many cases the locals have the blessing of the councils to continue this age old tradition.

Huge danger from microwaves???!!!!!! chemicals in the bricks?????? serious risks of cancer??? How do you calculate living 'out there' is equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes a day? You are kidding aren't you? We don't breath that crap 24 hours a day all year, look out the window, burning is only for a few months and this year, after the rains, the pollution levels are down. Risks need to be quantified before assertions about the links to disease can be made.

Now I agree, locals spraying pesticides daily at high concentrations with ineffective protection is a serious risk, but more likely to cause nerve damage..

Still out here the biggest risk is death by motorcycle, no worries about cancer then.

Edited by msg362

Hi no issues with the rest of your post but if you really believe this then don't use a mobile phone yourself because the level of radiation to your head from the handset is thousands of times stronger than from the nearest tower.

It nicely puts his post in perspective though.

I wear a tin foil hat myself at all times.

Don't forget to crumple the foil before use, smooth foil doesn't work!

Don't forget to crumple the foil before use, smooth foil doesn't work!

foil.jpg