This week, I will be applying for my fourth extension, based on marriage. Last year, I was asked to provide a Kor Ror 2 certificate.

Is it okay if I produce a copy of last years certificate, or will I have to go to the Amphur and get a new one.

Thanks.

Depends on where you apply. Koh smui seems to want a new one every year, while others don't care about how old it is.

Call them or just get a new copy for about 20 to 50 baht.

Does anyone know what Bangkok's policy is?

Last year I was asked to get one for the first time.

50 baht is not an issue but the time to go and get one factoring in traffic etc makes it an expensive piece of paper costing hundreds of dollars...

The Kor Ror 3 is the original marriage certificate, the Kor Ror 2 is the registry entry and is the current printed verification of the marriage.

We had to get our Kor Ror 2 from the amphur where we got married as they haven't gone back that far in getting them online yet.

I have never been asked for one when applying and do not even have a copy.

I think I am in a minority though. ;)

You need to get a current one from your amphur, it proves you are still married I guess. Although I thought when you got divorced you had to turn in your marriage certificate???

Anyway, last extension was the first time we were asked for one.

I went to the Amphur at Don Meuang yesterday. We asked for the Kor Ror 2, and were told we would have to go to Bang Rak, where the marriage took place. It was at that point (With a flourish) I produced last years certificate, stamped and signed by their office . "Oh, okay, we can do it online". "That will be 10bht".

Job done :rolleyes:

Today, we went to Immigration at Cheang Wattana. Sailed through in around 30 mins. This time they took a mug shot and fingerprints!!!

I don't remember having that done before.

• 11 months later...

I have never been asked for one when applying and do not even have a copy.

I think I am in a minority though. wink.gif

Same for me. I guess it just depends upon the immigration office you go to.

I keep seeing many people say you can get the KR.2 online. Anybody have link to this website? Or we still have to back to Bang Rak?

What they are saying is if your marriage was recorded in the last 7-8 years (perhaps more now) it is available to any District Office on-line so you do not have to return to issuing office to obtain a copy - any can print out for you.

I keep seeing many people say you can get the KR.2 online. Anybody have link to this website? Or we still have to back to Bang Rak?

What they are saying is if your marriage was recorded in the last 7-8 years (perhaps more now) it is available to any District Office on-line so you do not have to return to issuing office to obtain a copy - any can print out for you.

Excellent news. Thanks for clearing that up. We were married little over 3 years ago. We'll go to khet Khannayao office then instead of all the way to Bang Rak, which is a major hassle.