Boots The Chemist

syd barrett

Went into Boots today to buy some Tylenol (Paracetamol/Codeine) tablets, was frog-marched to the door and told to bugger off. I've been buying ten tabs. for 20 baht for months.

So I went to another Boots and requested the same, friendly pharmacy lady said they were now banned.

What's going on?

Tylenol are 300mg paracetamol 15mg codeine phosphate.

Give us a clue......?

tylenol tablets are paracetamol (acetominophen) 500mg.

paracetamol(500) + codeine(8mg) are known as co-codamol 8/500 in the uk

paracetamol(500) + codiene (30mg) are known as co-codamol 30/500 or kapake or solpadol or tylex, again, in the uk.

due to the ease of self induced overdosage and poisoning with these preparations, any responsible pharmacy will limit the number of tablets sold in one sale.

maybe they have banned them now in thailand due to the opioid nature of codiene.

overdosage with paracetamol is particularly dangerous as it may cause hepatic damage which may not become apparent for 4 to 6 days.

codiene also may cause constipation at low doses and at higher doses (60mg) may cause nausea,vomiting,severe constipation,drowsiness,respiratory depression and risk of dependance with long term use.

better get yourself down to a less reputable pharmacy where you should have no trouble purchasing the pharmaceuticals you require. but always read the instructions on the label

if you have just got a headache then have an early night and lay off the beer.

I have also noticed that all chemists have started banning drugs. For example one can no longer buy Valium or Temgesic's from the chemists anymore, as they have also been banned. Many people have been buying these in Thailand for decades, anybody know why these have recently been banned???

It seems that all drugs with ingredients that MIGHT be subject to abuse have now been banned from all but hospital pharmacies (if a doctor prescribes them.)

However there are still some available from independant pharmacies, from under the counter, IF you are known to the pharmacist.

Went into Boots today to buy some Tylenol (Paracetamol/Codeine) tablets, was frog-marched to the door and told to bugger off. I've been buying ten tabs. for 20 baht for months.

So I went to another Boots and requested the same, friendly pharmacy lady said they were now banned.

What's going on?

Tylenol are 300mg paracetamol 15mg codeine phosphate.

Give us a clue......?

Boots are notoriously picky these days (in the Uk) as well .

prolly afraid of being sued for megabucks by some victim

as for the thais they are also notorious abusers of any drugs , they use them like sweets .

so any clampdown is welcome for their futures . as they will all be penycilin resistant and nothing will work on them.

penycilin is also used on chickens far too commonly as well.