Anti-Termite Company In Chiang Rai

svenivan

Hi all,

I am looking for an anti-termite company here in Chiang Rai.

Does anyone have good experience from one and can give reccomendations?

What do they do, how often do they come and what is the cost per year? Name of the company and phonenbr please.

We had one company for years but almost a year ago my sweet wife thought they were to expensive and cancelled the contract.

Today I saw some evidents that we got the small bastards back. :annoyed:

So now I am looking for a new company.

Thanks in advance!

:(:huh::blink:

Sven,

Soap has a very effective and low cost solution to Ants. It may just work for termites too. you may want to PM him

Had a T/M problem three year's ago. Just went to a shop got some T/M powder white, mixed it with water and sprayed it on the little bugger's once a week for three week's I think. Instuction's on pack. Not a sign of them since. If you cant find any peep's to do it. Give it a go yourself. Cheap a few hundred bt including the spray.

Hi Svenivan,

The guy we use used to be with Advance Services the International Pest COntrol people.

He struck out on his own and is doing a great job. You can call "she who shall be obeyed" and ask for the number for Khun Uthen. He charges us about 7K per year but that includes all the house against termites and other creepie crawlies and long leggedy beasties and the garden against ticks to keep the dogs protected.

It works very well as we have had no problems since we've been there.

I should mention perhaps that we did use others before such as the company next door to the Bike Shop on the way out of town to Mae Sai and Advance themselves but after a good start they both faded to being more than mediocre so we dropped them. Uthen is drastically cheaper too.

Cheers, m'dears

The one that sprayed chemicals around the house also kill the fish in the small fishpond we have at home. Grrrrrr.

Not the first time I've heard of this happening. Some of them insecticide comnpany boys aren't the sharpest knives in the draw. B)

Hi Svenivan,

The guy we use used to be with Advance Services the International Pest COntrol people.

He struck out on his own and is doing a great job. You can call "she who shall be obeyed" and ask for the number for Khun Uthen. He charges us about 7K per year but that includes all the house against termites and other creepie crawlies and long leggedy beasties and the garden against ticks to keep the dogs protected.

I should mention perhaps that we did use others before such as the company next door to the Bike Shop on the way out of town to Mae Sai and Advance themselves but after a good start they both faded to being more than mediocre so we dropped them. Uthen is drastically cheaper too.

Cheers, m'dears

Thanks AjarnP, that was the information I was looking for !

Next beer on me !

:jap: :D :jap:

Edited by svenivan

I understand the main insecticide (which they sell at HomePro) is fairly safe for humans ??? but very fatal to fish.

Fatal is bad. I'm guessing "very" fatal means it kills them again when they are reincarnated?sad.gif

Edited by kandahar

I understand the main insecticide (which they sell at HomePro) is fairly safe for humans ??? but very fatal to fish.

Fatal is bad. I'm guessing "very" fatal means it kills them again when they are reincarnated?sad.gif

Yes when they are rwincarnated it makes them grow fingers that are then frozen as Fish Fingers

Very fatal...kind of like...seriously dead :lol:

Pesticides.....hmmmmm. Sort of like, anti-biotics for creepy crawlies? Beware...if they mutate and start eating concrete, we are all in big trouble! Welcome to the tropics....now I think I know why houses are either concrete or teak....or both. Termites do indeed suck....or rather...chomp. But then again....those and mosquitos, flys and ticks prove there is reincarnation. ( Where I hail from it is refered to as reintarnation, thank you kd Lang. TX, not Canada) But seriously, I have read where Guinea Fowl is a great deterrent to ticks....but who wants anything that even remotely resembles a chicken hanging around your door step? Only if they could be potty trained, eh? I wish I could get an ant-eater and teach it to bark....talk about an all purpose critter! Good luck...ett

Hi Svenivan,

Cheers, m'dears

Thanks AjarnP, that was the information I was looking for !

Next beer on me !

:jap: :D :jap:

Sven,

We use a company called PT Care & Service tel 0871 752071, having tried the rest, including fish killers we find them to be very good :jap:

Edited by bsacbob

No! But my fish went there recently - i.e. before they died from the termite sprayer. Apparently the fish are immune to bed-bug toxins.

The blokes that killed my fish are the same ones mentioned by AjarnP.

Have they been near the Downtown Inn lately?.

Sven,

We use a company called PT Care & Service tel 0871 752071, having tried the rest, including fish killers we find them to be very good :jap:

Thanks Bob, that is the company that just left after 3 hours of drilling, spraying etc etc.

Seems to be good so far !

They also found some fresh termites and the termites are no more! At least not these ones!

:D:lol:<_<