Thai Culture

alesypalsy

Well after my last post to any one that read it!, I ended a relasionship over the phone with a girl whom tryed to get me by the short and curlys,

I am now in need of how it actually works in their culture for if ever I meet a girl and AM NOT intending to marry her, what are the dos and donts, Well I mean if she invites me up to have a drink with the family does it mean she is intending something else?

How do Thai's marry? I get told that the man has to get money for show, like 99,999 baht for lucky!,, I intend to enjoy my life in the LOS for quite some time before I even contimplate marrying, Could you please explain the culture to me, I have been comming over for 3 years and had my share of this and that but am afraid I still dont understand the ladies!! :o

Regards

Well I would suggest that you avoid having any contact with her in the future, you never know. I have heard too many stalking stories here for my liking. As to here wanting you to pay money to her mother before marriage, I believe that, that is called Sinsot. A topic that has been discussed here regularly in various threads.

As to understanding women, who does? Do women understand men?

Well I would suggest that you avoid having any contact with her in the future, you never know. I have heard too many stalking stories here for my liking. As to here wanting you to pay money to her mother before marriage, I believe that, that is called Sinsot. A topic that has been discussed here regularly in various threads.

I believe we don't understand men :o

I believe we don't understand men :D

Sorry Icey, I didn't understand you then :o:D:D

I believe we don't understand men :D

Sorry Icey, I didn't understand you then :o:D:D

Ahh selective hearing (or reading) I can do that as good as a male :D

She's still young, she hasn't figured em out yet. I learned there are three major rules for guys:

1. they don't pick up

2. they don't communicate

3. they don't listen

:D

There are 3 major rules for men dealing with women

1. clean up after yourself, I am not your mother

2. tell me what you are thinking/feeling (first major mistake women make of course, is assuming you are thinking or feeling anything)

3. listen when I am talking, look at my face when I am talking not my breasts :o

Well after my last post to any one that read it!, I ended a relasionship over the phone with a girl whom tryed to get me by the short and curlys,

I am now in need of how it actually works in their culture for if ever I meet a girl and AM NOT intending to marry her, what are the dos and donts, Well I mean if she invites me up to have a drink with the family does it mean she is intending something else?

How do Thai's marry? I get told that the man has to get money for show, like 99,999 baht for lucky!,, I intend to enjoy my life in the LOS for quite some time before I even contimplate marrying,  Could you please explain the culture to me, I have been comming over for 3 years and had my share of this and that but am afraid I still dont understand the ladies!! :o

Regards

You have been here visitng as a tourist for 3 years now so you should know by now not to get involved in a relationship with a Thai woman. Best to keep it at a business level: you pay, you play. If you actually move and live here on a permanent basis then maybe a relationship will evolve over time.

Traditionally in Thailand young people don't go out on dates by themselves but go out with large groups of friends. That group tends to get smaller as the relationship develops over time. When marriage is discussed one usuallys sends a phuu yai from the groom's side to the parents of the bride's side to discuss the bride price, sin sot, which has been discusse endlessly on other threads.

Be that as it may, and it is changing in the cities, I figure, after 25 years of observation, that the chances of a successful marriage for you are rather slim. Best just to keep paying short time and be happy.

Well thanks johpa, I got a straight answer from you, That is my intention for pay and play but if I make any ladies friends out there I would like to make sure they know where I stand on other matters, I suppose just to tell any from the beginning that I am only up for fun and no relasionship would be the best way, and tell them I need money for my sick papa! :D

How do Thai's marry? I get told that the man has to get money for show, like 99,999 baht for lucky!,, I intend to enjoy my life in the LOS for quite some time before I even contimplate marrying,  Could you please explain the culture to me, I have been comming over for 3 years and had my share of this and that but am afraid I still dont understand the ladies!! :o

Regards

You have been here visitng as a tourist for 3 years now so you should know by now not to get involved in a relationship with a Thai woman. Best to keep it at a business level: you pay, you play. If you actually move and live here on a permanent basis then maybe a relationship will evolve over time.

Traditionally in Thailand young people don't go out on dates by themselves but go out with large groups of friends. That group tends to get smaller as the relationship develops over time. When marriage is discussed one usuallys sends a phuu yai from the groom's side to the parents of the bride's side to discuss the bride price, sin sot, which has been discusse endlessly on other threads.

Be that as it may, and it is changing in the cities, I figure, after 25 years of observation, that the chances of a successful marriage for you are rather slim. Best just to keep paying short time and be happy.

<snip>

Just curious sbk... what are the rules for women dealing with men?

:o

Doesn't a guy need to define these?

1. Stop moving our stuff around, you're as bad as our mothers.

2. Our mothers told us not to say anything when we don't have anything nice to say.

3. Stop talking so much, we cannot concentrate on what we're thinking.

actually au, you are pretty close. But I would amend that last one to:

3. Stop talking so much, I can't hear the ______ (footie, football, basketball, hockey, rugby, WWF whatever). Because, lets face reality here, you really aren't thinking that much anyway :o

Well I mean if she invites me up to have a drink with the family does it mean she is intending something else?

it could be... ( try to compare with myself) .. if i invite a guy to see my family ..so these will be my reason

1 he is so nice , good friend, and can be a part of my family..

2 he must be my lover .. and i just want to introduce him to my family

Bambi :o

alesypalsy.....

1. Dont accept offers to visit the village because you will be pegged as her fiance to those in the village and her parents. (serious business) If you stay for a few days might be costly for you - villagers/family will expect you to pay for everything.

2. If you aren't serious say so and don't feel bad about it. I AM BIG BUTTERFLY. Yell it loud/proud. If she doesn't like the fact that you don't want to be serious then she will move on - her choice.

3. Most importantly be honest and don't bullshi*e.

Sorry alesy, hijacked your thread. But seriously, women are women the world over, just some have different expectations. If you don't want anything serious with a Thai girl then do not go for a "nice" girl as she will expect a commitment. And don't whisper sweet nothings because, to a lot of girls, they do mean something.

<snip>

Just curious sbk... what are the rules for women dealing with men?

:o

Doesn't a guy need to define these?

1. Stop moving our stuff around, you're as bad as our mothers.

2. Our mothers told us not to say anything when we don't have anything nice to say.

3. Stop talking so much, we cannot concentrate on what we're thinking.

I wonder why women feel that men are not cleaning up after themselves - as if they would clean up if they lived alone. It is not a case fo leaving it to the, ahem, lady of the house, but simply that it is perfectly possible to live a little less hygenically without contracting a serious illness. A womans 'mess' and 'filth' is a mans modus operandi, and we are no worse the wear for it.

2. tell me what you are thinking/feeling (first major mistake women make of course, is assuming you are thinking or feeling anything)

3. listen when I am talking, look at my face when I am talking not my breasts  :o

Actually for item 3 some of us are audibly challenged (read my lips, I'm slightly deaf) and we may not always hear what you say. I doesn't mean we never listen it's also a good excuse to say "Sorry dear, no need to shout, were you talking to me?"

Also works well in being selectively deaf. :D:D

Sounds to me like you don't really want to know 'Thai culture', you just want to know how to use girls for your fun and get away with it - i.e. wham, bam, thank you mam.

Therefore, the answer is simple. Go for the 'pay as you go' kind of ladies - they expect no more from you than the going rate (give or take).

It takes generally about four or five years to understand that you don't understand anything about Thai culture.

However in Thailand you should learn the right way to behave. And out of your own behaviour you slowly start to grip some essentials.

Limbo, long enough in Thailand to know that I will never learn :o

She's still young, she hasn't figured em out yet. I learned there are three major rules for guys:

1. they don't pick up

2. they don't communicate

3. they don't listen

3. listen when I am talking, look at my face when I am talking not my breasts  :o

Nice breasts!!

Pardon, Sorry... would you mind repeating that, missed it you see, wasnt listening... mind wandered for a moment

:D:D

…which reminds me of the female, well-endowed marketing manager making a presentation to a group of male colleagues: “To start with, gentlemen, there’s something I’d like to get off my chest…your eyes.”

Go for Thai hi-society if you ask me... The only way to sleep with a girl without having to court her for several months, I may be wrong but it really seems to be like that.. and her not being a prostitute ofc.. But beware, most will take the "relationship" even less serious than you do ! So you've got no exclusivity right on her or something just because she took you home.. :D

It really is easy, my (ex-)favorite spots : (got a gf now.. :o )

- Bkk : Bed Supperclub (classic & easy), especially on models night and

Patpong Soi... 4 ? The one that also has a lot of gay bars/clubs.. the first few places are straight though.. but even better, head to the gay spots, dress a bit gay, be friendly and chat up a woman ! as silly as it may sound, it works.. :D

But I bet about every club that isn't too chilled works.. Just need mixed Thai/Falang crowd to make it work.

Go for Thai hi-society if you ask me... The only way to sleep with a girl without having to court her for several months, I may be wrong but it really seems to be like that.. and her not being a prostitute ofc.. But beware, most will take the "relationship" even less serious than you do ! So you've got no exclusivity right on her or something just because she took you home..  :D

It really is easy, my (ex-)favorite spots : (got a gf now..  :o )

- Bkk : Bed Supperclub (classic & easy), especially on models night and

Patpong Soi... 4 ? The one that also has a lot of gay bars/clubs.. the first few                              places are straight though.. but even better, head to the gay spots, dress a bit gay, be friendly and chat up a woman ! as silly as it may sound, it works.. :D

But I bet about every club that isn't too chilled works.. Just need mixed Thai/Falang crowd to make it work.

Excellent stuff sleir, love it, ps great picture of your tiger rabbit :D