Rubber Trees

Hi folks

As I plan to plant some more next and I am in the process of choosing plant species. I heard rim 251 has better yield and I wonder it is a good fit for Myanmar as it is pretty similiar to Thailand in term of rainfall and weather.

Hi folks

As I plan to plant some more next and I am in the process of choosing plant species. I heard rrit 251 has better yield and I wonder it is a good fit for Myanmar as it is pretty similiar to Thailand in term of rainfall and weather.

Hi folks

As I plan to plant some more next and I am in the process of choosing plant species. I heard rim 251 has better yield and I wonder it is a good fit for Myanmar as it is pretty similiar to Thailand in term of rainfall and weather.

Check what others are growing near by. If you go for it, plant RIM 600 around the edges, about 2 rows. This offers some wind resistance

Unfortunately, my land is mostly in hilly area. I don't have flat land. But it is not so windy though.

Ours is on a steep slope. the monsoon winds blow across the slope. Not often, but better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

wheres this?

Clashes over rising rubber prices
The Nation August 23, 2013 9:40 pm
30213385-03_big.jpg

A group of rubber growers protesting against the drop of rubber prices clashed yes
The police officer was hit in the head by a stone lobbed in his direction when clashes kicked off at around 1pm Friday as 1,400 riot police officers tried to remove 400 villagers from a road they were blocking. Later last night, another 600 police were deployed, while the number of villagers rose to 1,000. Confrontation was continuing as of press time.

http://nationmultimedia.com/national/Clashes-over-rising-rubber-prices-30213385.html

wheres this?

Clashes over rising rubber prices

The Nation August 23, 2013 9:40 pm

30213385-03_big.jpg

A group of rubber growers protesting against the drop of rubber prices clashed yes

The police officer was hit in the head by a stone lobbed in his direction when clashes kicked off at around 1pm Friday as 1,400 riot police officers tried to remove 400 villagers from a road they were blocking. Later last night, another 600 police were deployed, while the number of villagers rose to 1,000. Confrontation was continuing as of press time.

http://nationmultimedia.com/national/Clashes-over-rising-rubber-prices-30213385.html

Other paper says Cha-uat district, Nakhon Sri Thammerat

Well I have to give the farmers credit, they have stood off a policeforce which out numbered them 2 to 1. How the local officials can find 1600 policemen in a relative short time is beyond me. How many policemen are in this country?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/366324/rubber-farmers-warn-of-mass-protest

Comments by the Ag Minister were interesting. Govt has a stock pile of 200,000 tonnes already. Has or had ? a budget of 20 billion baht, by seemed that they would try to fund some more purchases. He is quoted as saying 120 baht/kg is impossible.

I am not involved in the industry and wonder if the situation is really that bad that people start throwing rocks at the police? Given the location is it possible that this was a "funded" protest?

The gov yesterday were talking around 110 baht for RSS and 60 baht for kee yang. Confirmation coming today.

I cant see how that is possible when they have big stockpiles already and the wold prices for RSS is only in the 80's.

More likely to get some assistance with farming loans, cheaper fertilizer etc.

Only my guess.

Greg

The gov yesterday were talking around 110 baht for RSS and 60 baht for kee yang. Confirmation coming today.

I cant see how that is possible when they have big stockpiles already and the wold prices for RSS is only in the 80's.

Only my guess.

Greg

If the Government funded fertiliser etc. the money would be spent. By buying the rubber it remains an asset valued at whatever they pay. The expenditure is internal and unless they sell in the future for less than purchase, the asset is basically liquidated with the sale. Much the same as a Government Bond. The rub comes if they use foreign loan monies. Then to balance the books they will have to achieve the interest coverage as well. It is a gamble on the futures market. Tyre manufacturers have very large investments here and the Government must try to hold the material availability and capacity.

Increasing investments in vehicle manufacturing capacity also supports the need to keep the rubber farmers in the game.

Well IMHO that is the game.

An added thought. The very large companies are the largest tax revenue generators. Vehicles are currently manufactured for domestic and export markets with the future looking like the percentage moving from 50/50 to a larger component of exports. That is foreign revenue.

Edited by IsaanAussie

Only my guess.

Greg

If the Government funded fertiliser etc. the money would be spent. By buying the rubber it remains an asset valued at whatever they pay. The expenditure is internal and unless they sell in the future for less than purchase, the asset is basically liquidated with the sale. Much the same as a Government Bond. The rub comes if they use foreign loan monies. Then to balance the books they will have to achieve the interest coverage as well. It is a gamble on the futures market. Tyre manufacturers have very large investments here and the Government must try to hold the material availability and capacity.

Increasing investments in vehicle manufacturing capacity also supports the need to keep the rubber farmers in the game.

Well IMHO that is the game.

An added thought. The very large companies are the largest tax revenue generators. Vehicles are currently manufactured for domestic and export markets with the future looking like the percentage moving from 50/50 to a larger component of exports. That is foreign revenue.

Some very valid points there. I believe there was some talk about promoting Thai business which use rubber. Probably give 90% of it to the car and tyre manufacturers. Again just a touch of cynicism.

Greg

I have attached a report released in Oct 2012, that explains how the Thai Public debt is managed. It doesn't not deal with the rubber industry in detail but refers to the budget allowance. Thailand funds almost all of its debt from the domestic market, including the rice pledging scheme. Well worth a read, perhaps should be moved somewhere more appropriate.

Financing Thailand Maybank 2012.pdf

I have attached a report released in Oct 2012, that explains how the Thai Public debt is managed. It doesn't not deal with the rubber industry in detail but refers to the budget allowance. Thailand funds almost all of its debt from the domestic market, including the rice pledging scheme. Well worth a read, perhaps should be moved somewhere more appropriate.

attachicon.gifFinancing Thailand Maybank 2012.pdf

I read that they pledged 30 billion baht last month but already down to 20.

attachicon.gifFinancing Thailand Maybank 2012.pdf

The only "pledge" that I know that holds its "shine" )at least for a while) is the one you buy in a bottle. Wim

Posted ImageFinancing Thailand Maybank 2012.pdf

Everyone had to take their cut. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/366324/rubber-farmers-warn-of-mass-protest

Comments by the Ag Minister were interesting. Govt has a stock pile of 200,000 tonnes already. Has or had ? a budget of 20 billion baht, by seemed that they would try to fund some more purchases. He is quoted as saying 120 baht/kg is impossible.

I am not involved in the industry and wonder if the situation is really that bad that people start throwing rocks at the police? Given the location is it possible that this was a "funded" protest?

No mate.Nothing like the red shirtlifters

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More rubber will be used in the construction of roads to help deal with an excess supply of the material, Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt says.

Mr Chadchart said on Friday he had ordered the Highways Department to study the feasibility of mixing rubber with asphalt to use in road surfacing.

link http://www.bangkokpo...h-excess-rubber

Regards

Sonny

post-122083-0-29805900-1377934323_thumb.