Rubber Trees

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mosha said:

The paper that we dare not name.
Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia to withhold rubber exports in an attempt to drive up prices.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Yep, they're quoting a B10 rise in price..hence why we stored

Mr Grollies Sir, Dont bother storing it too long.
Let me help u not sleep whilst storing your rubber. A number of issues. Just 1 being. You arrive Home to find an empty shed????. Or heres a funny 1, itgoes mouldy because u stacked it without smoking it.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Or how about this 1, u had 2 tonne of rubber when u stacked it or left it hanging there. Now 1 month later the price has gone up 3 bart pkg,but it now weighs 1,750kg????. Oh waitwaitwait heres a funny 1 u gonna love this 1. You stack it nice and high in the shed,about up to your head height. 1 month later you cant seperate the bottom 25% of the sheets as the weight has sealed them nicely together and you tear them trying to fk around separating them[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].
All of these little funny or hilarious issues cost you money. Awsome . Enjoy yourself

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Storing it anyway mate, admittedly against advice on here. Like I said I'll let you all know how it goes. We've got 1200kg stored so far.

For me it's an experiment, on good advice from the head of the Rubber Research Centre, Chachensao. I ain't going to worry about it getting stolen or loosing weight drying out.

At the moment were busy cutting out 300 trees for a new project, so, doing our bit to improve the price, 555.

Check out Chinese investment in Thailand, rubber-wise.

Storing it anyway mate, admittedly against advice on here. Like I said I'll let you all know how it goes. We've got 1200kg stored so far.

For me it's an experiment, on good advice from the head of the Rubber Research Centre, Chachensao. I ain't going to worry about it getting stolen or loosing weight drying out.

At the moment were busy cutting out 300 trees for a new project, so, doing our bit to improve the price, 555.

Check out Chinese investment in Thailand, rubber-wise.
Drying out isn't really a problem, dry ky fetches more money. The problem is mould, especially in unsmoked mats.

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Drying out isn't really a problem, dry ky fetches more money. The problem is mould, especially in unsmoked mats.

Storing cup lump, not sheet. Tappers reckon it'll fetch more and I can afford to take a hit on 1600-2000kg at these prices.

Please don't worry yourselves guys, like I said, whichever way it goes, I'll let you know.

14 hours ago, grollies said:

Storing cup lump, not sheet. Tappers reckon it'll fetch more and I can afford to take a hit on 1600-2000kg at these prices.

Please don't worry yourselves guys, like I said, whichever way it goes, I'll let you know.

Do keep us informed. Be interesting to see if the stuff is still saleable and at what price when the time comes.

Is it bagged and airtight or in a pile open to the atmosphere?

Do keep us informed. Be interesting to see if the stuff is still saleable and at what price when the time comes.
Is it bagged and airtight or in a pile open to the atmosphere?
I do know the place we sell to let's it dry out before they move it up the line.

Sold cup at auction Thursday, 19.75 baht per kg.

Winning bid was by a consortium of 4 people who won all 7 auctions on the same day in the same province - serious cash!

Went back to a 55/45 split as the price dropped below the 20 baht threshold.

2 more sales and our season is over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After owning rubber trees for many years. My answer would be. Only but them in the knowing you r never going to make a profit unless rubber goes over 100 bart per kilo. Then even if it does go over 100 per kilo, for how long? 1 year? 2 years? Then crash again. Pfffft forget it. With the massive amounts of rubber coming out of the ivory coast africa. Also laos planted many 1000s of rai of rubber trees. Theyll b coming on line any time now. The rubber market is well and truely flooded.
Im not trying to insult you, just being honest.
Many other things you can grow and do to make much more money than rubber.
Cheers cobbler

Okey dokey. Got my books out.

The season just gone (7) we made 1400 kgs more in production than the season before (6), our best figures ever. However, our gross was 226k TB down and our net takings 138k TB down, just due to the price of cup. We had a high price of 31.90 Baht per kg and a low price of 18.95 per kg, most of the time in the mid to low 20's.

Previous season we had a low of 24.75 and a high of 43.00, with the price getting (unusually) higher into the cool season.

We still made a profit, after everything, for a 9 month tapping season of 360k. The previous year it was around 500k.

Our gross in figures from 7 seasons tapping has already well surpassed the complete outlay and expenditure (inc buying the land, saplings, planting, fertilizing, tractors, farm trucks etc etc) of the 14 year project.

My 2 Baht's worth...

Sorry. I shouldve been more specific. As mike just stated and for sure hes right. Hes made a profit of 360k. Previous year was 500k. I think from memory hes got 60 rai.
Work out if you paid 150 k per rai or around that figure. How many years it would take to get your 9,000,000 bart back.
Courses for horses. My humble advice is, go to a kings project see what they tell you to grow in that area. Then go see how much the market price is for that product. Then grow 3 different products. Dont put all eggs in 1 basket.
We were very lucky. We jumped in when prices wer 120 per kilo. Then it went up to 180.. we paid our farm off very fast. That was 7 years ago and that spike lasted about 1.5 years i think. Then laos planted 8000 rai. Ivory coast planted 1000s of acres or so. So things have changed a lot.
So it is well worth doing serious homework 1st.

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Okey dokey. Got my books out.

The season just gone (7) we made 1400 kgs more in production than the season before (6), our best figures ever. However, our gross was 226k TB down and our net takings 138k TB down, just due to the price of cup. We had a high price of 31.90 Baht per kg and a low price of 18.95 per kg, most of the time in the mid to low 20's.

Previous season we had a low of 24.75 and a high of 43.00, with the price getting (unusually) higher into the cool season.

We still made a profit, after everything, for a 9 month tapping season of 360k. The previous year it was around 500k.

Our gross in figures from 7 seasons tapping has already well surpassed the complete outlay and expenditure (inc buying the land, saplings, planting, fertilizing, tractors, farm trucks etc etc) of the 14 year project.

My 2 Baht's worth...

what with the low prices, making 360k passive income from farming sounds good to me.... 

the wifes land that we planted rubber on was bought by her many years ago at approx 3,000 baht a rai, cost per rai again approx 3,500 per rai X 7-8 years to get to production sized trees. disclaimer, wife bought 30 ish rai on chanote title plus this "came" with around 15/20 rai of extra free land, that was untitled, fast forward 20 years this 15/20 rai free turned into 17 rai of new chanote paper work land and the other 3 ish was turned into access roads for land owned by family further in land.  so not even 3,000 bahts a rai in the end...

in the past 12 or so years "we" have bought 2 other plots with rubber on, then sold them both on after some years,  young/non producing trees, done ok out of this. 

i still like rubber, if you can get the workers that is..... husband and wife tapping their own trees will still be earning well even at 20 ish baht kg..... 

Archived