Pig Feed: De,Cp And Lysine Values

I'm currently reviewing the composition of the pig feeds I give my pigs as a result of having read Whitmores Science and Practice of Pig Production. This outlines in detail the feeding strategies needed to raise pigs to certain weights and the required crude protein composition one should be aiming for. The use of digestible energy (DE), crude protein (CP) and Lysine (amino acids) measures for each ingredient to get to a total DE delivery target is a new approach for me and is certainly somewhat more precise than the rather general protein and carbohydrate levels I'd been focussing on before. So I need some help.

I tend to use a mix of rum, sweet corn, chicken powder, soya bean, vitamins, plus red soil to provide essential minerals and promote good digestion. Fresh greens also form part of the diet. I've run these ingredients into the model I've built and it seems I was hitting a good CP level generally. However, my feed mix does need tweaking to better cater for the various life stages. I 'm therefore looking at other sources of ingredients that could provide good nutrition that adds to my present mix.

I'm thinking about including 'kaow bplai' into this mix as well as using a small portion of pre mix from CPF (551,552,553 etc). What I need though is to get hold of some reliable nutrition data on these items in the form of:

DE(MJ/Kg) in ingredient, in diet,

CP (g/kg) in ingredient and diet

Lysine (g/kg) in ingredinet and diet

Thay way I can build the calculations into my model to ensure I'm hitting the right digestible energy targets for the different types of feed I make.

Has anyone got any nutritional information on these ingredients that could be of help?

Or know of a data source that would have this information in the format I need?

Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated as I've spent a fairly fruitless day trying to find this info on the internet.

Many thanks.

Charlie,

I wish you well in this endeavour and hope everyone who is mixing their own feed can help you. If you do crack the riddle please let me know as it is something that should be a main topic of the PIGS 101 pinned topic. Personally I have spent years investigating this and have not found answers to how to do it practically for a diverse herd of pigs at any sort of financial gain.

On this one, I am as we say in Australia, "all ears like a bag of wheat"

Isaan Aussie