Travel While Waiting For Extension To Marriage Visa

As my initial 3-month visa based on marriage to a Thai will expire soon I will have to go apply for a 12 month extension. My question is whether I can travel during the one-month period while waiting for the outcome of my yearly extension. Is the one-month deal multiple-entry or do I have to apply for a re-entry permit at the same time I apply for my extension?

Thanks - I just found out I will be travelling for work a few days before my extension approval should come through and won't be back for at least a month. Can I get the 12-month extension stamped at an embassy overseas (spouse won't be travelling with me)?

Thanks - I just found out I will be travelling for work a few days before my extension approval should come through and won't be back for at least a month. Can I get the 12-month extension stamped at an embassy overseas (spouse won't be travelling with me)?

No, you can't. Only immigration can give you the extension and if you are not in country when it is approved, you lose it and will have to apply for a new visa.

Apply for a 2 months extension based on marriage.

Sort out the 1 year extension when you come back.

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

go in early and see if its ready

Is that possible at Cheang Wattana? Any way to check this before making a trip there?

We applied on May 10th and have a stamp to return on June 8th.

Any way to check this before making a trip there? Can we call?

It would be great if I did not have to wait until June 8th.