British Ecstasy Dealer Sentenced To 7 Years Jail

george

BKK - got to admit you had a chuckle about the 1.5 yrs. (no credit is mak mak funny) :D

Nope, I think thats pretty shitty actually. I imagine if someone you knew, a friend or family or perhaps even yourself would sing a different tune if you was given time in prison that you was not sentenced to.

Well no worries all my mates and reles walk the straight line!!! :o

Someone can always break the law unwittingly, whether its taking a bird home and finding out shes underage, or getting into a fight (something you might be in danger of getting arrested for Brit), and what about those reles that you don't know about, the cousins that appear straight down the line but pop a pill on the odd weekend.

What I'm saying is break the law, fair enough get your sentence, but getting an extra 1.5 on top of that is wrong.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeesh! You guys still arguing on this thread :D

Seems to be a lot of interest about E and other drugs (as defined by law) :D

Even from the kill 'em all crowd. One would think they have very little interest in it. :o

Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll

:D

Will forever be popular

:D

What I don't understand here Brit is I seem to remember a recent thread where you offered advice to a 15 yr old boy on the subject of illegally aquiring drink and what bars not to go to if you want to avoid the police.

Not only condoning the crime but you was offering help to this potential criminal on how not to get caught.

How can you be so strict in your belief in Thai laws in this thread but actively encourage lawbreaking by a minor in another?

What I don't understand here Brit is I seem to remember a recent thread where you offered advice to a 15 yr old boy on the subject of illegally aquiring drink and what bars not to go to if you want to avoid the police.

Not only condoning the crime but you was offering help to this potential criminal on how not to get caught.

How can you be so strict in your belief in Thai laws in this thread but actively encourage lawbreaking by a minor in another?

BKK - I'd rather not have a 15yr old in a bar drinking w/me and it would ill advised for him to do so. I believe the thread you carelessly mention - we did point out what might happen if he is caught. :o

BKK - I'd rather not have a 15yr old in a bar drinking w/me and it would ill advised for him to do so. I believe the thread you carelessly mention - we did point out what might happen if he is caught. :o

You may not rather have it, but it has to be said you did advise him on how to commit his crime and not get caught.

I don't understand why your strong belief in Thai law didn't come into play then. I would have expected you to have immediately condoned the criminal act rather than help him with it. Thats probably illegal in itself isn't it?

I just don't follow your reasoning really? Do you believe all Thai laws should be followed 100% and those that don't should get punished to the full extent of the law?

Because if so, helping a minor in Thailand aquire alchohol illegally doesn't seem quite right does it now. :D

You may not rather have it, but it has to be said you did advise him on how to commit his crime and not get caught.

I don't understand why your strong belief in Thai law didn't come into play then. I would have expected you to have immediately condoned the criminal act rather than help him with it. Thats probably illegal in itself isn't it?

I just don't follow your reasoning really? Do you believe all Thai laws should be followed 100% and those that don't should get punished to the full extent of the law?

Because if so, helping a minor in Thailand aquire alchohol illegally doesn't seem quite right does it now. :D

BKK - quite simple one is a mega-serious offense while the other is not. I actually learned smth in that thread myself - didnt know one could buy alcohol for a minor and it was legal for them to drink it. It's being in the venue which is the illegal part. :D Anyways don't get wound up if I don't class alcohol and x as the same sort of thing. The whole point of this thread - you get caught doing smth illegal in thailand or anywhere else in the world, you better be willing to accept the punishment. :D

BKK - quite simple one is a mega-serious offense while the other is not.

So to get this right, conspiring with minors to get hold of alchohol illegally in Thailand is not a mega serious offence and you are quite happy to partake in it?

So laws can be broken depending on your personal feeling towards that law ie. Whther you consider it 'mega serious' or not?

So now we have established that you do not mind taking part in criminal activities during your stay in Thailand what would you think if they locked you up for 1.5 years, then sentenced you to 6 months and told you that 'sorry, no credit for the 1.5"?

Edited by bkkmadness

This has gone way off topic, Yes, I understand he knew the consiquences (sp?),  maybe he was a party animal back home,  WHERE PEOPLE CAN FREELY TAKE DRUGS IN CLUBS as I have done and witnessed many doing so without any threat of getting caught.

And PLEASE lets make it clear he was selling ECSTASY,  not heroin or crack, some of you are just catagorising by saying drugs wreck lives etc,  HEROIN wrecks lives COCAINE wrecks lives ECSTASY, like anything if used sensibly will not reck your life.

Comparing E and smack is like comparing a kitchen knife to a handgun.

Stop acting as if you are some sort of cool kid because you have taken drugs. It does not make you big or clever. Yet again you come back with weak arguments. Exactly what country do you come from where you can take drugs freely in clubs without any threat of getting caught. Pure bullsh*t. I worked in a club where drugs were taken by a majorty of customers, yet no-one did it freely, because there were always security, members of staff and possibly undercover police/licensing officers around. Those clubs where it is taken freely and obviously, soon lose their licence. And what exactly is your point here anyway. I can buy alcohol easily here without any threat of getting caught, but you can bet I wont try selling alcohol in certain Arab or Muslim countries because I know what would happen.

You claim heroin and crack wrecks lives, but ecstacy LIKE ANYTHING IF USED SENSIBLY, will not wreck your life. Are you not contradicting yourself there? Does heroin wreck lives or, if used sensibly, not.

Comparing E and smack is like comparing a kitchen knife to a handgun is it? So you agree that both CAN be dangerous and have the potential to kill.

Hopeless:

Yeah, the guy was British, as it says in the title of the thread, and there is no way you can claim that drugs can be taken freely in British clubs. As State Six says, drugs are taken in clubs, sure, but very sneakily and surrepticiously. There have been illegal free parties and raves where drugs are taken freely but that's not clubs and they're illegal from the outset anyway.

So to get this right, conspiring with minors to get hold of alchohol illegally in Thailand is not a mega serious offence and you are quite happy to partake in it?

So laws can be broken depending on your personal feeling towards that law ie. Whther you consider it 'mega serious' or not?

So now we have established that you do not mind taking part in criminal activities during your stay in Thailand what would you think if they locked you up for 1.5 years, then sentenced you to 6 months and told you that 'sorry, no credit for the 1.5"?

Som Nam Na :o

Som Nam Na :o

You honestly wouldn't mind not getting credit for those extra years? I'd be pretty pissed about it myself, the 7 yrs I understand, the extra is ridiculous.

BKK - being pissed has no relevance. Will it change the sentence no? We keep trying to equate what is faire/reasonable in the west to someone who is not in the west.

He'll most likely only do 5yrs before he's shipped back to the UK at any rate.

BTW I have a feeling that pre jail time not being counted towards your ultimate sentence is standard in thailand. :o

Edited by britmaveric

BKK - being pissed has no relevance. Will it change the sentence no? We keep trying to equate what is faire/reasonable in the west to someone who is  not in the west. 

He'll most likely only do 5yrs before he's shipped back to the UK at any rate.

So do you think that the 1.5 extra years is fair then? You seemed to have a good laugh about it earlier.

Remember you could be in a similar situation one day. Would you find it so funny then?

ok, just read the edit:

BTW I have a feeling that pre jail time not being counted towards your ultimate sentence is standard in thailand. unsure.gif

Can anyone confirm this? Isn't that unreasonable and unfair?

Edited by bkkmadness

So do you think that the 1.5 extra years is fair then? You seemed to have a good laugh about it earlier.

Remember you could be in a similar situation one day. Would you find it so funny then?

Yes I'd be laffing because its so absurd it's funny. :o

Back to the other part - don't think habeas corpus exists in Thailand, not in any western form, but be interesting to find out from any resident barristers in Thailand.

Edited by britmaveric

So this farang guy has been locked up for drug dealing, fine, no sympathy there, he got his dues.

But then he gets this extra time whacked on and you find it funny enough to make jokes about throughout the thread. Bit out of order if you ask me. I expect his family doesn't think Thailand's 'absurd' rules are quite as funny as you seem to think they are.

So this farang guy has been locked up for drug dealing, fine, no sympathy there, he got his dues.

But then he gets this extra time whacked on and you find it funny enough to make jokes about throughout the thread. Bit out of order if you ask me. I expect his family doesn't think Thailand's 'absurd' rules are quite as funny as you seem to think they are.

Lighten up and go have a Chang. :D I'm quite positive his family are quite ashamed of their son. :D Anyways he lucked out since his sentence was origianlly 14yrs, so I'm sure he is relieved rather than pissed. :D

I will take your advice though and grab a Chang later, I only hope you pop down the local rave and pop a dove. :D

I've been to a faire few raves - got intoxicated by the music/dancing. Funny enough I've been asked if I had X at a faire few raves. To this day don't know why? :o

A little off topic, but was you never curious to try? And if not, why? I figured most people of a certain age, and especially rave goers would have indulged at one point in something illegal.

Gotta be said, it's certainly a fine buzz for the money, drink and a rave just doesn't mix as well IMO.

I will take your advice though and grab a Chang later, I only hope you pop down the local rave and pop a dove. :D

I've been to a faire few raves - got intoxicated by the music/dancing. Funny enough I've been asked if I had X at a faire few raves. To this day don't know why? :D

A little off topic, but was you never curious to try? And if not, why? I figured most people of a certain age, and especially rave goers would have indulged at one point in something illegal.

Gotta be said, it's certainly a fine buzz for the money, drink and a rave just doesn't mix as well IMO.

Never been interested in drugs not even curious. :o Getting legless at Raves - nah was and still am interested in the music/dancing only. Water is the only liquid I need when I am getting my dance on. :D

So is it that selling guns are allowed in some of the countries of the world?

So why is it legal? What if the gun sold was used to kill someone?

Should we kick his ass for selling the gun?

And now that someone who sells Es, we blame them for killing a 16 yr old girl?

I see people arguing about if those drugs are bad for health. But my point really is: I don't give a shit what they do to our health. Even if this drug kills with just one doze. I want freedom of choice!!

And for those who say "som nam na" to that person and thought he was stupid and deserved it: I feel sorry for him. I have been naughty in my life. And might still do something naughty in future. I don't really feel I'm a much different or better person than he is considering this act. I might have done the same if I was less informed or was unlucky enough to be in his place.

Haven't you guys ever been naughty? Haven't you guys ever done something bad and regretted? If yes, let's say put you in jail for 10 yrs? How do you like it?

Hipocrisy!!! It is deep inside us. Difficult to get rid of.

There's another Aussie girl on trial in Indonesia now for drug smuggling.

She is overweight and unattractive, and, as a result, I wonder if she will receive the same media support as Schappelle Corby did. We'll see.

Kill her and feed her to the pigs!!!

And you have to wonder, Mr Moog? :o disappointed, thought you were clever? :D

So is it that selling guns are allowed in some of the countries of the world?

So why is it legal? What if the gun sold was used to kill someone?

Should we kick his ass for selling the gun?

And now that someone who sells Es, we blame them for killing a 16 yr old girl?

I see people arguing about if those drugs are bad for health.  But my point really is:  I don't give a shit what they do to our health.  Even if this drug kills with just one doze.  I want freedom of choice!!

And for those who say "som nam na" to that person and thought he was stupid and deserved it:  I feel sorry for him.  I have been naughty in my life.  And might still do something naughty in future.  I don't really feel I'm a much different or better person than he is considering this act.  I might have done the same if I was less informed or was unlucky enough to be in his place.

Haven't you guys ever been naughty?  Haven't you guys ever done something bad and regretted?  If yes, let's say put you in jail for 10 yrs? How do you like it?

Hipocrisy!!!  It is deep inside us.  Difficult to get rid of.

If someone sells the gun within the law then they should not be blamed for the death of someone who is shot with it. Ecstacy is not legal to sell, and so anyone who sells it and is caught should be punished. If they sell the pill and the person dies from it, I do not think they should be charged with murder/manslaughter or any other charge than dealing (unless of course they spiked the person against their knowledge).

You want freedom of choice to take a drug, even if it kills with one dose? Why?? Where do you draw the line on freedom of choice and the duty of society to protect vulnerable people? And if a younger member of your family took the drug and died, you would say 'ah well, it was freedom of choice'.

Yes I have done naughty things in the past that could possibly have ruined my future, andthat I regret. However I have never done something where the potential penalty was 10 years inside (to use your example). I would accept it though if I was jailed for deliberately breaking a law, especially if I got off fairly lightly relative to what I could have got, as in this case.

This has gone way off topic, Yes, I understand he knew the consiquences (sp?),  maybe he was a party animal back home,  WHERE PEOPLE CAN FREELY TAKE DRUGS IN CLUBS as I have done and witnessed many doing so without any threat of getting caught.

And PLEASE lets make it clear he was selling ECSTASY,  not heroin or crack, some of you are just catagorising by saying drugs wreck lives etc,  HEROIN wrecks lives COCAINE wrecks lives ECSTASY, like anything if used sensibly will not reck your life.

Comparing E and smack is like comparing a kitchen knife to a handgun.

Stop acting as if you are some sort of cool kid because you have taken drugs. It does not make you big or clever. Yet again you come back with weak arguments. Exactly what country do you come from where you can take drugs freely in clubs without any threat of getting caught. Pure bullsh*t. I worked in a club where drugs were taken by a majorty of customers, yet no-one did it freely, because there were always security, members of staff and possibly undercover police/licensing officers around. Those clubs where it is taken freely and obviously, soon lose their licence. And what exactly is your point here anyway. I can buy alcohol easily here without any threat of getting caught, but you can bet I wont try selling alcohol in certain Arab or Muslim countries because I know what would happen.

You claim heroin and crack wrecks lives, but ecstacy LIKE ANYTHING IF USED SENSIBLY, will not wreck your life. Are you not contradicting yourself there? Does heroin wreck lives or, if used sensibly, not.

Comparing E and smack is like comparing a kitchen knife to a handgun is it? So you agree that both CAN be dangerous and have the potential to kill.

GLASTONBURY, GATECRASHER, CREAMFIELDS, GLOBAL GATHERING to name a few places you can openly take drugs without people GRASSING on you (the point i was trying to make before). mind you I have smoked drugs infront of security and they didnt bat an eyelid, can I act like a cool kid now?

I am not contradicting myself at all, but I obviously have to spell it out for you, heroin, coke, meth and other addictive compounds including alcohol are the ones that do the damage. EVERY single ecstasy user I have ever met, and seen on www.blulight.nu have

NEVER STOLEN TO BUY ECSTASY

NEVER BEEN ADDICTED TO ECSTASY

NEVER BEEN VIOLENT OR HURT ANYONE ON ECSTASY +

NEVER HAD AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON ECSTASY

Most of the guys I know using ecstasy are students or in well paid jobs

"Comparing E and smack is like comparing a kitchen knife to a handgun is it? So you agree that both CAN be dangerous and have the potential to kill"

I AGREE! yes spot on, both can be dangerous, so can crossing the road, driving your car, riding a horse. Infact prety much anything can be dangerous

Edited by hopeless

And for all you men who are suggesting this guy gets what he deserves because he broke the law read this:

http://www.siamweb.org/content/News-Cultur...eng.php#illegal

If you visit bars and take prostitutes you are BREAKING THE LAW!

Would you not find it unreasonable if you were locked up for doing what thousands are doing every day in thailand? The fact is we all break the law at some point, whether its driving over the speed limit, boomboom with lady thai, or simply not carrying your passport in LOS.

I am not condoning what this guy has done, it was pretty stupid to be fair and from a legal point of view he cant argue with the 7 year sentence. The 1.5 extra is debatable.

From a MORAL point of view, I am against his sentence, I feel a tuk tuk poses more danger to the public than someone who supplys party smarties

God you people have no projection into the future

all the druggies from the 60's 70's 80's who also said it was harmless ended up in responsible positions such as the government, scientists, teachers

And now they are running the World (into oblivion)

war chicken virus political correctness

enough said :o

GLASTONBURY, GATECRASHER, CREAMFIELDS, GLOBAL GATHERING to  name a few places you can openly take drugs without people GRASSING on you (the point i was trying to make before).  mind you I have smoked drugs infront of security and they didnt bat an eyelid, can I act like a cool kid now?

Wow, you took drugs in front of a security guard. You ARE cool :o

You said people can freely take drugs in clubs where you are from. I argued that you cannot do that in a club in the UK (club being a licensed premises) because it will get shut down. This does happen a lot. If you mean that no-one grassed you for taking drugs then of course that is extremely unlikely. However if you deal to someone there and they get busted there is a good chance they will grass you.

BTW at Glastonbury 2005, Avon & Somerset police recorded 205 drug offences, at Creamfileds there were 45 arrests (vast majority for drug offences). I know that is a small percentage of those who attended, but the security and police prioritise. If they see someone smoking a joint they may turn a blind eye so they can look for dealers. As I mentioned I have worked in a club where drugs were widely used. Sometimes we turned a blind eye and sometimes we couldnt.

I am not contradicting myself at all, but I obviously have to spell it out for you, heroin, coke, meth and other addictive compounds including alcohol are the ones that do the damage.  EVERY  single ecstasy user I have ever met, and seen on www.blulight.nu have

NEVER STOLEN TO BUY ECSTASY

NEVER BEEN ADDICTED TO ECSTASY

NEVER BEEN VIOLENT OR HURT ANYONE ON ECSTASY +

NEVER HAD AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON ECSTASY

Most of the guys I know using ecstasy are students or in well paid jobs

You said that heroin and coke ruin lives, but then said that ecstacy, like anything if used sensibly, will not wreck your life. So using heroin and coke sensibly will not wreck your life if we follow your logic. Equally ecstacy will wreck your life if not used sensibly.

You may never have met anyone who has stolen to buy E and are students or people in good jobs, but that doesnt mean to say it is the way it is. And your mates may not be in well paid jobs for long if they get caught. E can be psychologically addictive, hence why many people take it week in week out, and I have met people who take E in the week also. Is that not a bit of a problem? And dont compare it to alcohol. Going having a couple of beers 3/4 times a week is not the same as taking E's 3/4 times a week. If you are on benefits and you want to go clubbing then where do you get the money from? You steal or deal that's how.

You have never had an adverse effect from ecstacy, but that does not mean it does not happen. People have died. It is rare but true.

Ecstacy is not a drug that increases aggression like alcohol can, in fact it is the complete opposite. I have seen fights in the club I worked in and they have been on pills. Admittedly there was usually booze involved too and they were dodgy guys usually, but it does happen.

Ecstacy, because of its illegal status, can only be sold (and technically bought) by criminals. It is very lucrative and so attracts some particularly nasty criminals. I stated earlier that the E trade in Manchester was controlled by some very vicious, dangerous people from Salford, who caused mayhem in the area because of their power and money. So do not pretend that people do not get hurt because of ecstacy. And we all know that legalising is never going to be an option so dont counteract with that argument.