Brand'S Essence Of Chicken

Its certainly available in the UK or anywhere you have SE Asian/Chinese shops. I do know when I had a little pup that was very sick my vet said Brands Chicken Essence was the best treatment :rolleyes: However whenever I tried to wean the pup off the stuff (not cheap on 6 jars a day!) and on to regular food the whimpering would start again, so it was either the heroin or the caviar of the canine world.

The Chinese in particular believe it to be a great tonic. Not as good as tiger penis or panda scrotum maybe but more affordable. :D

Personally, I think it over-rated and over-priced. I quite the taste, but youcan the same from adding hot water to chicken Bovril etc.

How they can put a ribbon on a few bottles, stuff 'em in a whicker basket and charge 895 Baht beggars believe.

The power of marketing causes my missus to say - "can we buy a basket for Mama" to which IO always reply - "give her 200 Baht and a couple of lottery tickets".

It seems a bit too oily to get good for you.

+1 (however many millions or billions) for the folks at Brand's though for selling relatively low cost of goods items for a high margin for decades now though.

:)

What doesn't it do? According to the adverts and web site it is the elixer of life. What it does is enrich the company that sells it. Just another asian marketing scam.

Or an example of successful marketing, depending on one's point of view. May as well call the marketing of the black/brown sugar water called 'cola' a scam.

What doesn't it do? According to the adverts and web site it is the elixer of life. What it does is enrich the company that sells it. Just another asian marketing scam.

I thought this was the main purpose of advertising? :rolleyes:

Cola companies to my knowlge make no outrageous and unsubstaciated health claims.

Well of course they do - always have. Promoted associations of refreshing, "good life" , etc.

Marketing is not the art of persuasion that it use to be in today's zombie consumer obsessed crowd.

Cola companies to my knowlge make no outrageous and unsubstaciated health claims. Brands essence of bullshit does.

Of course they do. The most obvious one is that it quenches one's thirst and should be consumed in all sorts of activities where it's much more likely to harm you than to actually replace your body's water supply. IMO it's no contest which is more harmful ounce for ounce.

• 1 year later...

Typical Thai marketing deception - packaging designed to grossly exaggerate the quantity of content. Crisps and nut bags mostly full of air. Brands is even worse. The beneficial properties of these essences (now including two fruits) is not an issue with me. It's the packaging. They market a gift basket version with custom holder (the whole thing made of plastic) displaying 20 items and sold at a highly inflated price. However, when you open the clingwrap you find 10 jars and their 10 EMPTY BOXES! It is designed to deceive both giver and recipient. It is possible that a third party is responsible for this and sells these baskets in Thailand and Laos.

Edited by laobali

never tried it, i rely homemade chicken soup . start with carcase, boils the shit of that for awhile. Remove add chicken meat, chopped celery, onion garlic rosemary tyme, salt pepper, a touch of tomato paste , carrots later on or whatever you fancy. let simmer for awhile till carrots / potato etc are too your liking.

perfect when you have a touch of a cold or not feeling up to snuff.

let leftovers cool, freeze it up in tupperware for a quick and healthy meal later.

no fancy packaging required ... just good old fashion protein, vitamins etc that tastes great.

• Like 1