Hourly Rate Of Lawyers

Hello,

I was recently quoted 5000 baht per hour from one of the lawyers claiming that they can do company registration in Thailand. Is this normal price? I find it very high, especially for Thailand.

They say:

"If you would like more information we can arrange a consultation in our office or by telephone conference. Our fees are 5,000 baht per hour. We would also apply the first hour of consultation to the fees for any subsequent company registration case.

The advantage of a meeting is that we can review your documents and understand your needs. We may be able to save you money or find an easier way."

What do you think? 5,000 baht per hour, and they can save me money? :)

Some law firms charge by the hour while others by the job, additional expenses can depend on who handles the case, a junior lawyer will be less expensive than a senior lawyer. You may be able to request a cap on the fees charged.

Sunbelt Asia charges no fees for consultation on company registration while for legal advice our professional fees are 2,500 Baht per hour. Sunbelt Asia has 72 staff that work in the legal department, most with excellent English speaking skills

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]