Thai Lady Working In The Uk

I'll treat this as if it's a serious enquiry.

She cannot work if she is in the UK with a visit visa or a fiance visa.

She can work if she holds a spouse visa, work permit, student visa (max of 20 hours a week in term time), FLR or ILR.

As far as i am aware. No, she can't. Unless you could arrange to find a "Cash-In-Hand" job, of which i would strongly recommend you not to do, of course :o:D

She can obviously work on a Settlement Visa and i believe (from another thread) that she can do a certain amount of hours work on a Student Visa.

That's my understanding but am willing to be corrected.

Edit/ GU22 was posting at the same time but seems to qualify my thoughts

Edited by mrbojangles

She cannot work if she is in the UK with a visit visa
Just to qualify, before Scouse corrects me :o , it depends on the type of visit. What I meant was that one cannot work if in the UK with a standard tourist visa. There are certain types of visit visa where work is permitted.

As far as i am aware. No, she can't. Unless you could arrange to find a "Cash-In-Hand" job, of which i would strongly recommend you not to do, of course  :o  :D

Just out of curiosity, what can happen if a Thai lady is caught working on a "Cash-In-Hand" job with a tourist visa, just as a talking point you understand...

As far as i am aware. No, she can't. Unless you could arrange to find a "Cash-In-Hand" job, of which i would strongly recommend you not to do, of course  :o  :D

Just out of curiosity, what can happen if a Thai lady is caught working on a "Cash-In-Hand" job with a tourist visa, just as a talking point you understand...

Invalidates visa and deportation! :D

She would be arrested by either a police or immigration officer and taken to the police station where arrangements would be made for her to be sent back to Thailand. Depending upon how long it is before she is removed, she may be detained at either the police station or an immigration detention centre. Once removed from the UK, she would find it extremely difficult to get another visa for any Western country, let alone the UK.

I can't help but think, Anaorak, that your going about this arse about face. Rather than trying to establish how your g/f might qualify for a visa, you're seeing how she might not.

Scouse.

Police and immigration could go into any restaurent in any city and town centre on just about any night of the week anywhere in the UK and pick up a bagful of people working without work permits. Not to mention the sweatshops and service outlets in stations, city office cleaners etc.

Unless it was an organised job, the chances are the Police would just pass on the details to immigration - both are under resourced and over worked.

I would forget it, if for no other reason than the consequences for yourself if you are a sponsor?

Can my thai g/f work in the UK if she has a tourist visa? If not what sort of visa does she require?

Loads of thais working here without a permit, as well as asylum seekers and students from abroad who coul'nt be arsed to get a visa. The whole thing is a farce from what I have seen. Know one bloke who came on a 1 year student visa from KK four years ago, never studied and still working in thai restaurants. Nobody seems to give a ###### in reality-peter

Anoarak enquired of what would happen should his g/f get caught working, rather than what are her chances of getting away with it.

Yes, there are many people working unlawfully in the U.K., but if Anoarak chooses to ignore the fact that his g/f shouldn't work whilst on a visit visa, then he can't complain if/when she's caught, banged up and unceremoniously turfed out.

If her aim is to go to the UK and make as much money as she can within 6 months before returning to Thailand, then she might get away with it. If her intention is to forge a deep and meaningful relationship with Anaorak, she would be severely jeopardising the chances of this.

Scouse.

PS. As a salutory point, I once raided a Thai restaurant in Surrey and nicked the owner's sister for working when she shouldn't have been. She'd been in the UK less than 24 hours.

Can my thai g/f work in the UK if she has a tourist visa? If not what sort of visa does she require?

Loads of thais working here without a permit, as well as asylum seekers and students from abroad who coul'nt be arsed to get a visa. The whole thing is a farce from what I have seen. Know one bloke who came on a 1 year student visa from KK four years ago, never studied and still working in thai restaurants. Nobody seems to give a ###### in reality-peter

Absolutely spot on.The reality gap is cavernous and only addressed when political considerations occasionally intrude but the effect is always the same, minimal.Unless, of course, the zillions of offenders might include the odd muslim in which case your takeaway Bangla price could increase fractionally.But, regardless, Anaorak should nevertheless at least attempt to engage what may pass for a brain if only for form's sake and in the perhaps hopeless belief that he is not already a paid up member of the pigs might fly club.

I can't help but think, Anaorak, that your going about this arse about face. Rather than trying to establish how your g/f might qualify for a visa, you're seeing how she might not.

Scouse.

I just want to learn the ins and outs so I know what to say if she wants to work.

But if you know all the negatives, then you are left with the positives.

Scouse.

PS. As a salutory point, I once raided a Thai restaurant in Surrey and nicked the owner's sister for working when she shouldn't have been. She'd been in the UK less than 24 hours.

Sounds like we ought to be careful what we say or you might be tipping off the authorities, what a lovely job you have, you must be very proud of nicking people as you mention it quite often-peter

Edited by thai3

Thai3,

Ever wondered why legitimate applicants have to jump through so many hoops to get a visa? It is because of the activities of those who break the rules and enter the UK for purposes other than those stated on their application.

If it wasn't for these people, legitimate applicants would have a much easier time.

Edited by GU22

Scouse.

Sounds like we ought to be careful what we say or you might be tipping off the authorities, what a lovely job you have, you must be very proud of nicking people as you mention it quite often-peter

Pi33 off thai3 :o Anybody who has been on here and asked for advise knows that Scouse is always the first to willingly help out, giving excellent advise, whilst remaining in the legal framewok. For info, that was Scouse previous job. Not that it matters a jot what you think but you must be very proud of yourself too, flaming someone who you know nothing about !!

Thai3,

Ever wondered why legitimate applicants have to jump through so many hoops to get a visa? It is because of the activities of those who break the rules and enter the UK for purposes other than those stated on their application.

If it wasn't for these people, legitimate applicants would have a much easier time.

Thankyou - you took the words right outta my mouth....

and ditto what MrBoJ has said too - i dont think anyone on this forum could knock the advice that Scouse has ever dished out.

[sounds like we ought to be careful what we say or you might be tipping off the authorities...

I've no need to do that, mate. Are you so stupid that you don't think the embassy visa section staff don't read this site? If you choose to never seek any advice from me, don't worry, I shan't lose any sleep over it.

Anyway, Thaivisa can't be seen as openly advocating the infringement of UK immigration law by suggesting that it's OK for visitors to work, as they'll never be caught.

Closed.

Scouse.