Vasectomy

NALAK

Hi due to wifes in ability to take 1 pill a day i want to have the chop, i would like to know has anybody had it done in Thailand, how was it done, what was the cost, afterwards was all ok. i live chon buri so Pattaya/Bangkok ideal for me.

any experiences

thanks

I had it done in Switzerland by a private practitioner urologist. It is a routine intervention, takes about 30 min. I had it done on a Friday afternoon so I have the week-end to recover. I even drove home myself after surgery. It was a bit swollen for one day, nothing dramatic though. Monday all was back to normal.

Don't forget, it takes up to 6 weeks until you shoot 100% blanks. So make a test before you go out there.

I am glad I did it. One worry less, haha.

I had it done in Switzerland by a private practitioner urologist. It is a routine intervention, takes about 30 min. I had it done on a Friday afternoon so I have the week-end to recover. I even drove home myself after surgery. It was a bit swollen for one day, nothing dramatic though. Monday all was back to normal.

Don't forget, it takes up to 6 weeks until you shoot 100% blanks. So make a test before you go out there.

I am glad I did it. One worry less, haha.

hi thanks, going back to UK in aug will see if i can get it done there, read on another forum that scalpelless was like have 2 bricks smashing together for 2 months, dont fancy that. will wait until i go to UK

Quite a number of TV members have had it done here. try a search of this forum. It is a very common procedure in Thailand.

thanks will do, obviously its one of things you would like to think went ok

I had mine done at Mary Stopes clinic in Taunton, if you are going to the UK you can get your local doctor to get all the paperwork done for you, mine cost nothing.

www.mariestopes.org.uk

Check out the International site, they have clinics in surrounding countries, might be an alternative for you.

But Chula is meant to be quite good

Edited by beano2274

I had mine done at Mary Stopes clinic in Taunton, if you are going to the UK you can get your local doctor to get all the paperwork done for you, mine cost nothing.

www.mariestopes.org.uk

Check out the International site, they have clinics in surrounding countries, might be an alternative for you.

But Chula is meant to be quite good

Hi i will be back for 3 weeks any idea what teh waiting list is? i mentioned to new doctor last year about coming back to thailand 2 days later got a letter saying no more NHS, also said previous 30 years of paying into NHS meant nothing. NIce, flying to PAris this time, channel tunnel some scruffy bed sheets and claiming asylum, get my teeth, arthritous and vasectomy done next day.Free

thanks for the advise, most replies i have found in search relate to having in done in home countires think i will. probably private, here just to many chances of infections :(

Edited by NALAK

I had my vasectomy done in Bangkok nine years ago after the birth of my 2nd daughter. No appointment…I just walked into the clinic (see below), attached to the famous Cabbages & Condoms restaurant, in Sukhumvit Soi 12 that handles abortions, vasectomies and general family-planning. I had no idea of the cost but guessed it would not be more than 1,000 baht. In fact, I got it done for free under their policy (at that time anyway) to do so where a foreigner had been resident in Thailand for many years.

The process was very simple, quick and painless…and the staff very friendly. I was then (afterwards) asked if I would like to make a donation. A nurse showed me the donations book to demonstrate that everyone was asked this, and remarked that the usual was 20-50 baht (as I recall); I happily donated the 1,000 baht that I had expected to pay.

Nine years later, I can report plenty of healthy sex and no more babies!

Population and Community Development Association (PDA)

6 Sukhumvit 12, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

Tel : (+66)2229-4611-28 Fax : (+66)2229-4632

E-Mail : [email protected]