Awesome Android Features Iphone Doesn’T Have

cdnvic

Top 10 Awesome Android Features that the iPhone Doesn’t Have

1026594_32.jpg Whitson Gordon — We love both Android and iOS, but the open nature of Android just means it can do things others just can't. Here are our favorite Android apps and features that you won't find on its Apple-clad brethren.

We didn't hold anything back in this list: rooting, jailbreaking, editing system files are all fair game. If there was some way to do it on the iPhone, we left it out. So, while there are a lot of great things about Android that don't come out of the box on the iPhone—like free turn-by-turn navigation or pull-down notifications—there are still ways to get those features on the iPhone. So here's our list of the ten features you just can't get, no way, no how, on a jailbroken or non-jailbroken device.

http://lifehacker.com/5801862/top-10-awesome-android-features-that-the-iphone-doesnt-have

I guess I am surprised that the iPhone is unable to match these Android capabilities? I have never used an iPhone but assumed you could toggle different keypads, I like SWYPE, that the iPhone had some equivalents for automation, widgets, launchers, controlling your phone from a PC and custom ROMs?

I like that I can move any file, including almost any audio and video formats, from my Android phone to/from any PC, without some hack or iTunes (like my iPod). I think the 'openness' of the platform, thousands of hardware models to choose from in all price ranges, the developer support and applications make Android a fine alternative for many.