Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

Abhisit ready for political debate with Yingluck

image_20110515152329F2C0C347-E4AD-56C6-97A155D785518C6E.jpg

BANGKOK, May 15 - The ruling Democrat Party today challenged Yingluck Shinawatra, expected to become the top candidate on the party list of major opposition Puea Thai Party, to a political debate with its leader, caretaker Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, as election campaigns. are becoming heated on the eve of a general election to be held in Thailand on July 3.

Spokesman of the Democrat Party Buranat Samuttharak said his party is ready for the general election, especially with backing party's leader Abhisit to become prime minister again after the election and that Mr Abhisit is prepared to display his vision through a political debate with Ms Yingluck, the. youngest sister of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, on any platform.

Mr Thaksin, now living in self-imposed exile mostly in Dubai, was sentenced to a two-year imprisonment for an improper land purchase deal in Bangkok's prime business area while in power. He was ousted from office following a bloodless coup on September 19, 2006.

Whether Miss Yingluck will become the top candidate on Puea Thai's party list MP is still uncertain as the party is scheduled to hold a meeting tomorrow whereby members will choose the number one candidate for the party list, which means if the party wins a clear majority of. seats in the upcoming election, he or she will automatically become the next prime minister.

Meanwhile, Puea Thai Party today introduced three more candidates running under its party list card. The trio are Praphat Jongsanguan, former governor of the state-run Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand, Bantoon Supakwanit, ex-chief of the Budget Bureau, and newspaper columnist Nitipoom Naowarat. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-05-15

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be fun to watch! Abhisit --- speaking clearly and addressing the issues .... Yingluck stammering and saying "but when my brother picked me to head AIS and when my brother picked me to head PTP as party list #1 ...."

Thaksin thinks, PTP ...... succumbs?

It would be fun to watch! Abhisit --- speaking clearly and addressing the issues .... Yingluck stammering and saying "but when my brother picked me to head AIS and when my brother picked me to head PTP as party list #1 ...."

Thaksin thinks, PTP ...... succumbs?

I wasn't awareYingluck was afflicted or likely to be afflicted with a stammer......................

Perhaps you would provide medical evidence to support your statement......whilst you mock people with an innocent affliction to enhance your political "fun"

Think back to the last time there was a public discussion, this time between Abhisit's team and the UDD leaders ....... Thailand derived some brand new slang!

the Weng! As in don't Weng, don't be a Weng etc .....

This would have the same entertainment potential!

Which excuse will she come up with for declining?

:coffee1:

Probably inform him if she is elected PM she will be more than happy to debate politics with him.........as the opposition leader.....:)

Most political debates between leading candidates usually take place before elections, so that the electorate can see who is going to make a fool of themselves.

Well, anyway, lets hope she can at least speak Thai as well as English more lucidly than her older brother whose English is.. erm, well you know, pretty bad. :unsure:

Edited by ratcatcher

Interesting, a rather arrogant sounding statement.........

Are the Democrats under estimating the opposition yet again?

Which statement did you find arrogant-sounding and why?

When did the Dems underestimate the opposition and how do you know this?

Probably inform him if she is elected PM she will be more than happy to debate politics with him.........as the opposition leader.....:)

Well, anyway, lets hope she can at least speak Thai as well as English more lucidly than her older brother whose English is.. erm, well you know, pretty bad. :unsure:

I understand your concern.....but I wouldn't worry, when she does speak I am sure plenty will listen.........

Purpose of the suggested debate is to help the electorate decide who is best suited to govern, so what use is it, having it after the election?

You are right, the excuse will be weak and make no sense.

She doesn't have to debate him and would be best advised not to in my opinion.

True! .... Why have a debate that might actually inform the voters, when instead you can have the local canvassers do their "job" and the regional power families tell those canvassers when to jump and how high!

Yingluck took some big hits in the credibility department back in the assets seizure case ... lucky for her it was a civil matter!

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1016836

http://leavefreedom.blogspot.com/2010/01/thaksins-sister-sees-no-impact-on.html

Face it. she's wide open on benefitting from corruption .... an easy target. Maybe if she cries like she did in the court hearing it will go easier on her!

I thought the statement suggesting a debate and that Abhisit was ready to debate a political novice.....as a rather arrogant statement.....just my opinion

The government under estimated, and thus failed to control, the gathering, which led to the crackdown and subsequent violence.......in my opinion of course

Please do not hesitate to cantact me if you require any further information or assistance.......:)

Purpose of the suggested debate is to help the electorate decide who is best suited to govern, so what use is it, having it after the election?

I think you really believe what you write.......

The purpose of the proposed debate is to try and elevate the democrats into a winning position.......:blink: .....otherwise why not just release the democrat plans and let the nation decide.....

Hitting Yingluck with her denials of connections between Win Mark and Ample Rich ... (and SC Assets) ...... in public ... after the seizure of the funds ..... OUCH :)

But hey! She is kinda pretty ;)

The Curse of WinMark

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/12/28/opinion/opinion_30119317.php

Edited by jdinasia

What the point ?

The democrats will lose .... as usual.

Then, with their friends in "high" place, they will challenge the results.

So the next PM is a democrat

What a surprise !

Boring !

The same as Thaksin's and Samak's were.

Doing her brother's hair?

Doing her brother's hair?

"Sorry, I can't debate you publicly because I have no relevant experience other than doing what my big brother tells me to. Yes, I know I am being tapped to be the PM candidate for one of the two strongest political parties in Thailand, but please ... remember our motto! "Thaksin thinks ....."

She doesn't have to debate him and would be best advised not to in my opinion.

I agree that it's best for her if the public doesn't get to watch her discuss her Party's platform and policies. Better to keep them in the dark.

Probably also good for her, if the debate were to include a Q & A portion, that the nation doesn't get to see her think on her feet and speak extemporaneously without a canned speech in front of her.

I thought the statement suggesting a debate and that Abhisit was ready to debate a political novice.....as a rather arrogant statement.....just my opinion

The government under estimated, and thus failed to control, the gathering, which led to the crackdown and subsequent violence.......in my opinion of course

Please do not hesitate to cantact me if you require any further information or assistance.......:)

Abhisit has a right to offer a debate and in doing so to make ridicule of the Thaksin puppet

she is a ridiculous choice for a PM and Abhisit's offer only serves to highlight just how ridiculous it is t

what about the media interviewing her about policy ?

it would be like Katie Couric interviewing Sara Palin

maybe she can see Cambodia from her door step.........

in my opinion:

the reds shouldn't have been there

no illegal gathering

no crackdown

no violence

all are fruit of the Thaksin poisoned red tree

Edited by timekeeper

/quote]

"Sorry, I can't debate you publicly because I have no relevant experience other than doing what my big brother tells me to. Yes, I know I am being tapped to be the PM candidate for one of the two strongest political parties in Thailand, but please ... remember our motto! "Thaksin thinks ....."

Before every election all the TV channels invite the leading members of each party to debate their policies. If Yinglak refuses to go they should put a puppet in the chair reserved for the Pheua Thai member in the TV studio.

What the point ?

The democrats will lose .... as usual.

Then, with their friends in "high" place, they will challenge the results.

So the next PM is a democrat

What a surprise !

Boring !

correct! this post is Boring..........

Abhisit has a right to offer a debate and in doing so to make ridicule of the Thaksin puppet

she is a ridiculous choice for a PM and Abhisits offer highlights just how ridiculous it is t

it would be like Katie Couric interviewing Palin

maybe she can see Cambodia from here door step.........

in my opinion:

no illegal gathering

no crackdown

no violence

all fruit of the Thaksin poisoned tree

But they were there..........an undeniable fact.......and could have been better controlled from the outset.....in my opinion......

Yes Abhisit has the right to offer debate....he also had a weekly platform to convince the electorate he is the man for the job.........

So why does he require debate....are the electorate still unsure?.......:)

Before every election all the TV channels invite the leading members of each party to debate their policies. If Yinglak refuses to go they should put a puppet in the chair reserved for the Pheua Thai member in the TV studio.

Well ... they would be going to a (Thaksin) puppet even if she were in the chair ..... but the puppet that would sit in the chair in her absence would be likely to give better answers!

I see someone else brought up that she is a "political novice" and thus the Dems shouldn't challenge her over her position and ability to head the government .... LOL

Abhisit said that she was "a political novice"? Where does it say that in that article? Not that it of course is not true, just that i can't see the quote.

When you said the Dems underestimated the opposition, i assumed you meant political opposition, not a group of thugs running riot. As far as this is concerned, i don't think it was so much under-estimating them, rather having no way of dealing with them. Riot police was what was needed. Alas, Thailand has no such trained force, and soldiers were the only option. Besides of course simply letting them hold the city hostage for more weeks on end.

she is a ridiculous choice for a PM and Abhisits offer highlights just how ridiculous it is t

it would be like Katie Couric interviewing Palin

maybe she can see Cambodia from here door step.........

in my opinion:

no illegal gathering

no crackdown

no violence

all fruit of the Thaksin poisoned tree

But they were there..........an undeniable fact.......and could have been better controlled from the outset.....in my opinion......

Yes Abhisit has the right to offer debate....he also had a weekly platform to convince the electorate he is the man for the job.........

So why does he require debate....are the electorate still unsure?.......:)

i agree i would like to have seen them moved on sooner

however i am not a patient man

Abhisit was and was given credit for waiting and being tolerant

i am sure he has offered debate knowing he won't get it

its simpy a political maneuver to embarrass her

its like offering to fight someone knowing they won't turn up

when they don't they are perceived to be scared

so the challenger wins without fighting