Drunk Driver Subjected To Rough Justice In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Drunk Driver subjected to rough justice in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A suspected drunk driver was subjected to some rough justice on the streets of Pattaya after he was stopped by Pattaya Police and Police Volunteers. Reports came in of a possible drunk driver who had just left the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya. A group of around 10 plain-clothed Pattaya Police Volunteers, who were not accompanied by a regular Police Officer, spotted the Silver Isuzu D-Max and gave chase.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The full story says the suspected drunk driver was chased by volunteers. I wonder if they have cars/trucks with flashing lights and sirens. The driver in question also said he did know who was chasing him. I dam_n sure wouldn't stop if somebody I didn't know was chasing me, but then I wouldn't be in that position...I hope. Just who are these "volunteers" and what gives them the right to assault people. I've seen some questionable practices by so called "volunteers" who were foreigners, along beach road bars.

Has anybody been "roughed up" by these "volunteers" ? Care to share any stories?

there has to be alot more to this story !!, just go to any thai pub or club with cars outside, and watch them all leave pissed ! ... why was this guy singled out?

also

Eventually the driver was taken away in handcuffs and later charged with drunk driving while the Police Volunteers and members of public who were caught on film attacking Khun Pichart were not investigated to the disgust of on-lookers.

they should have ALL been charged with assult !