Anti Gay Demagogue Newt Gingrich Running For Us President

Personally I am very suspicious of gay marriage (which must inevitably come with gay divorce) and wouldn't want to be forced into presumed 'common law' partnerships as straight couples often find themselves, whether officially registered or not. So that's not necessarily my litmus test for 'pro-gay' in politicians.

However, everything I've heard about Newt's behaviour towards his own 'nearest and dearest' is horrible and I wouldn't want a man with such values to represent me on behalf of civil relationship codes whether straight or gay. That's on top of really, really disliking most of his political behaviour over the last 15 years or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I am an Independent and voted for Obama last time, but have learned my lesson.

I am hoping that Chris Christie changes his mind and runs as he is one of the few Republican contenders that I like so far. He does not support gay marriage, but does not seem to be hateful or a religious nut.

Here's where you're wrong. Christie has demogogued the gay marriage issue, just like almost all of his Republican colleagues. It's one thing being against gay marriage; it's quite another thing being an anti-gay marriage ACTIVIST. That's your man. Not surprised about your position, forgiving this kind of thing. Obama is also against equal marriage rights much to his shame. But he has never favored aggressive legislation to stop the obvious evolving process of equal marriage rights, that will happen eventually, it's only a matter of time.
GOP NJ gubernatorial candidate Chris Christie has vowed if elected governor of New Jersey in November that he will work to block legalizing gay marriage in the state, even amending New Jersey's state constitution to do so.

His opponent Jon Corzine supports the legalization of gay marriage in the state

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Christie: If elected, will ban gay marriage in NJ | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/christie-if-elected-will-ban-gay-marriage-nj#ixzz1PuLVGW9m

That said. I do get Christie's appeal to the masses. He's very fat! Americans are fat! People like to see someone who they can enjoy having a guilt free double cheeseburger with. Electing Christie would be a psychological reaction to Obama, who is uncharacteristically for an American quite a skinny man. Yes, I am serious, these things do matter in politics.

Edited by Jingthing

Personally I am very suspicious of gay marriage (which must inevitably come with gay divorce) and wouldn't want to be forced into presumed 'common law' partnerships as straight couples often find themselves, whether officially registered or not. So that's not necessarily my litmus test for 'pro-gay' in politicians.

However, everything I've heard about Newt's behaviour towards his own 'nearest and dearest' is horrible and I wouldn't want a man with such values to represent me on behalf of civil relationship codes whether straight or gay. That's on top of really, really disliking most of his political behaviour over the last 15 years or so.

It sounds like you are against ANY kind of marriage then, gay or straight. A valid opinion, but held by a small minority.

It sounds like you are against ANY kind of marriage then, gay or straight. A valid opinion, but held by a small minority.

Have to admit I'm not a big fan. Probably be better for straight people and gay alike to come up with a different way to encourage and organise families and social order.