I Need A Wig, Quickly

taxexile

11 year old daughter of a good friend of mine has just been diagnosed with a rather nasty cancer and will this week embark on a long course of chemotherapy in bangkok

all her hair will fall out.

does anybody know of a shop, hospital or organisation that will sell or provide a good quality hairpiece for this lovely little girl

I'm going to make some calls right now and MIGHT be able to come up with something.

My sympathies to your friend and all of his family; I wish for him/her and the girl all the possible strength and peace possible.

Off topic- It's times like this that make me think about the service that is sometimes offered when a child is born. Cord blood storage. They say it's like having an insurance policy for your child should they ever need stem cells......if I understand it correctly. My best wishes to the whole family especially the brave little girl.

Sorry to hear that tax, hope the little girl will be ok.

Platinum Fashion Mall next to Panthip has some beauty supplies with hair pieces but I can't say I've seen so many wigs. Your friend might consider some very cute beanie type caps instead. The top floor of Platinum is now half kids clothes, there should be some hats there.

i´m sure the hospital can recommend good quality wig stores. those in platinum etc. are not necessarily of a quality to wear them permanently.

maybe she´d appreciate some scarfs as well - wigs are _hot_ (yes, i had chemotherapy in the summer...)

it takes a couple of weeks until the hair falls off, so she has time to look for a fitting wig.

i wish her all the best.