Enraged Villagers Try To Lynch Accused Rapist

george

LOP BURI ATTACK: Enraged villagers try to lynch accused rapist

LOPBURI: -- More than 1,000 people descend on suspect. Despite unusually tight security, the accused in the brutal assault and attempted rape of a 14-year-old girl was yesterday attacked by an angry crowd during a re-enactment of the crime in Lop Buri’s Sa Bot district, prompting police to cancel it. Wirat Raksinil, 37, who has confessed to assaulting the schoolgirl on Saturday, was yesterday morning taken to three locations to re-enact the crime with about 150 police officers guarding him from more than 1,000 angry onlookers.

Wirat showed police the first two locations in the re-enactment, where he drank alcohol and where he met the girl on her way to school, without incident. But before they could reach the third spot - a wooded area about 500 metres from the main road, where Wirat forced the girl to follow him with a toy gun and assaulted her - his apparent lack of remorse and indifference upset the crowd and they started throwing stones and bottles at him.

At least three officers sustained minor head injuries and police had to rush the bruised Wirat away to the Sa Bot police station.

About 300 villagers followed them to the station and camped at the entrance holding signs asking for Wirat to be executed. Lop Buri police commander Maj-General Dechdamrong Sutthichanbancha said Wirat would be taken to complete the re-enactment today and then detained at the Lop Buri court jail, but declined to give the exact time.

Dechdamrong said several suspicious aspects of Wirat’s testimony would be investigated, especially whether the attack was prompted because the girl saw him delivering a package.

He said Wirat used to work for a local politician in Khok Samrong district and also had a drug-related criminal record. He has been charged with attempted murder and attempted rape. Meanwhile, Maj-General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang of the Women and Children’s Protection Division said his department had given a Bt50,000 reward to the Provincial Police Region 6 team that arrested Wirat, which the police said they would give to the victim.

Kamronwit said a Bt30,000 reward for Provincial Police Region 1 and a Bt20,000 reward for the Lop Buri police might also be given to the victim.

Dechdamrong said the Lop Buri police team were only doing their duty in arresting the suspect, so they would give the Bt20,000 reward to the girl’s family. The hospital where the girl is being treated said yesterday that she would have to stay at the hospital for at least a month, until her injuries heal.

She was reported to be in stable condition after extensive surgery to repair a broken jaw and smashed cheekbones.

Yanhee Hospital director Dr Supot Samritvanicha said the victim was in a fragile mental state, frightened of strangers and continually calling out for her parents. A female psychiatrist at the hospital has been looking after both the girl and her parents.

--The Nation 2005-10-07

He said Wirat used to work for a local politician in Khok Samrong district and also had a drug-related criminal record.

Is anyone surprised? :D

his department had given a Bt50,000 reward to the Provincial Police Region 6 team that arrested Wirat, which the police said they would give to the victim.
Kamronwit said a Bt30,000 reward for Provincial Police Region 1 and a Bt20,000 reward for the Lop Buri police might also be given to the victim.

Well done! :o

i heard that when this incident was first reported to the local police by the girls mother , with the name of the accused , they didnt want anything to do with it.

it was only after the family approached a foundation run by paveena, and she got involved , that the police finally took an interest , by which time the suspect had left the area. the villagers knew from the start who the guilty party was.

i cant vouch for the truth of all that , but its what i was told by a local avid follower of thai news.

the boys in brown work in mysterious ways.

Although it is understandable in my opinion that this kind of behaviour by this sort of perpetrator can be classified as some sort of illness which the person has no control of his own body and that the right way to due with is to help rather than condemnation, I do think the best way realistically is to make them disappear for good.(and violence in return does not upset me too much)

I too have never understood the purpose of these re-enactments which are such a regular part of the Thai legal system; the same System which is based on the premise "Innocent until proven Guilty" . In all cases the suspect has not yet been found guilty in a Court of Law so how can he be forced to re-enact his alleged offence without immediately giving the impression to all and sundry that he is indeed guilty?

In addition the re-enactments cause great distress to the victim who is also obliged to take part in the re-enactment, and they frequently end in violent attacks on the suspect by friends and relatives of the victim which the police present do little to prevent.

Patrick

What benefit do these re-enactments have in the first place?????

The only benefit is for the family of the raped person. it gives them a chance to put the boot in. Have you ever noticed that the police stand back and let them. The tv likes showing them too, with the Thais I know getting a real satisfaction out of seeing the brother of the victim doing a flying spinning side-kick to the ALLEGED criminal.

The only benefit is for the family of the raped person. it gives them a chance to put the boot in. Have you ever noticed that the police stand back and let them. The tv likes showing them too, with the Thais I know getting a real satisfaction out of seeing the brother of the victim doing a flying spinning side-kick to the ALLEGED criminal.

They ought to let them put more than the boot in, the guy deserves a long painfull death :o

I too have never understood the purpose of these re-enactments which are such a regular part of the Thai legal system; the same System which is based on the premise "Innocent until proven Guilty" . In all cases the suspect has not yet been found guilty in a Court of Law so how can he be forced to re-enact his alleged offence without immediately giving the impression to all and sundry that he is indeed guilty?

In addition the re-enactments cause great distress to the victim who is also obliged to take part in the re-enactment, and they frequently end in violent attacks on the suspect by friends and relatives of the victim which the police present do little to prevent.

Patrick

The Police do these re- enactments only with a confessing culprit for inquiry reasons. The victim, like in this case, have not to be involved.

Sure, they also do it for the media and some beautifull "Tscherokee faad haang" :o

Patex

castration and lynching of paedophiles is  great idea.  If you are perverted enough to rape a 14 year old girl than you deserve no mercy.  Cut it off and shove it into his mouth so he'll learn from it.

:o

Chemical castration might be a fit punishment as well as a long period of confinement. It is said chemically castrated men lose their deviant impulses. However cutting off his jimmy and shoving it in his mouth I doubt will do anyone any good. And is actually quite a barbaric act in itself.

:D

Chemical castration is an option, however, depending on the type of crime, it may not be effective. It doesn't necessarily lesson the impulses, but it does prevent actual sexual performance.

Sexual urges are likewise reduced with chemical castration, however, they don't disappear completely. Since rape is an act of violence, not sex, it may not work as a deterrent to cases like this.

Make no mistake, this guy did not need to beat a 14 year old girl senseless and put her in the hospital for a long spell with broken bones. She thought he had a gun. Had he wanted sex only, not difficult. Obviously, he wanted to beat her silly.

Make no mistake, this guy did not need to beat a 14 year old girl senseless and put her in the hospital for a long spell with broken bones.  She thought he had a gun. Had he wanted sex only, not difficult.  Obviously, he wanted to beat her silly.

Sorry, but I find that statement really presumptious.

castration and lynching of paedophiles is  great idea.  If you are perverted enough to rape a 14 year old girl than you deserve no mercy.  Cut it off and shove it into his mouth so he'll learn from it.

:o

Chemical castration might be a fit punishment as well as a long period of confinement. It is said chemically castrated men lose their deviant impulses. However cutting off his jimmy and shoving it in his mouth I doubt will do anyone any good. And is actually quite a barbaric act in itself.

:D

thanks for a reminder :D . sorry I lost composure and forgot that I'm not living in the stone age anymore. Regardless, cut it off and pack it up neatly in a clean paper bag than shove it into the garbage dispoal? :D