Non-Immigrant "O" Visa, Divorced, But Have Child

I want to apply for a non-immigrant "O" visa. I am divorced from my ex-Thai wife, but we have a child together. The child lives with his mother now, but has lived with me in Thailand for the last 3 years. I am currently in the UK.

Can I still apply for a family Visa, even if I don't live with my son this coming year? I would still provide financial support + see him regularly, just not live with him on a day to day basis.

Also, what documentation is required? Marriage, divorce, birth of son presumably? And all originals?

Thanks in advance!!

Pete

From the Hull Consulate website

Category “O”

Married to a Thai national

Evidence required: Copy of marriage certificate (in English).

or

Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required: Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship plus letter from relative confirming

they are in Thailand together with copy of valid entry visa in their passport or copy of valid work permit..

or

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognised charity.

or

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

It will vary greatly on where you apply. In home country you can likely obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa with proof of Thai child and perhaps letter from mother asking for it to be issued. Closer to Thailand only a single entry would likely be issued and expectation you would be visiting child.

Extensions of stay are what is out not living with child.

It will vary greatly on where you apply. In home country you can likely obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa with proof of Thai child and perhaps letter from mother asking for it to be issued. Closer to Thailand only a single entry would likely be issued and expectation you would be visiting child.

Extensions of stay are what is out not living with child.

OK, that's interesting. The mother is "onside" now, so no problem there. That's multi as in "1 year" right? Certainly worth a try I think .... I'll contact Hull and see what they say.

Just to be clear, if I apply for this and are successful, I don't need all that 400K baht in Thai bank "stuff"???

Edited by pete66

You would have to do that for any one year extension of stay - a visa entry is only 90 days at a time so a multi entry would require leaving every 90 days. It is an alternative to extension of stay and best for those who plan frequent travel.