What Visa Do I Need

Hi

In the coming months i will be permanently relocating to Thailand i have a wife and 2 kids already living there.

I will be working still for my company in London but covering the Asia region china Malaysia initially.

I will be wanting to open bank accounts etc for my wages to be paid into.

I have always previously just traveled to Thailand some 12yrs now with a visa on arrival but obviously i want a visa now where i can buy a car open accounts you name it

Please advise me on what visa is the best option for me with costs and why

Look forward to your reply s.

Kerrs

Please confirm you are in the UK.

If so, a multi non-o from Hull is your best bet for a start, that will get you up to 15 months in Thailand (have to do a border hop every 90 days).

Go to their website and download the application packs. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

In order to be totally legal you'll need to sort a work permit with the associated company etc etc. I'll let those more experienced to fill in those blanks.

Kerrs,

Non immigrant O type visa with multi enrty will allow up to 15 months in Thailand and provide for your business trips. Check on the tax consequences of having your pay deposited directly into a Thai bank before you arrange this since your work may not be within Thailand and therefore may be tax exempt. Additionally, you may not need a work permit if your work is all outside Thailand. Good luck in your move.

Kerrs,

Non immigrant O type visa with multi enrty will allow up to 15 months in Thailand and provide for your business trips. Check on the tax consequences of having your pay deposited directly into a Thai bank before you arrange this since your work may not be within Thailand and therefore may be tax exempt. Additionally, you may not need a work permit if your work is all outside Thailand. Good luck in your move.

Hi cheers

Im currently in the uk

Is there not a visa i can get that i dont have to do visa run's i will be getting paid from my company back in the UK?

Is there a price list some where for these visas?I did check on the hull site i didnt see any

Thanks Again

The non immigrant O is logical if you are doing frequent travel. No visa you would qualify for by marriage allows more than a 90 day stay. Only extensions of stay from immigration inside Thailand allow that and any travel then requires a re-entry permit and application requires you apply and return one month later which might be a problem working outside Thailand. You are aware you can not work in Thailand? And that income coming into Thailand is subject to Thai tax if remitted in year earned?

Visa cost is based on baht 1,000 baht per transit/tourist entry and 2,000 baht per single entry non immigrant. Multi entry non immigrant is 5,000 baht.

• 4 weeks later...

The non immigrant O is logical if you are doing frequent travel. No visa you would qualify for by marriage allows more than a 90 day stay. Only extensions of stay from immigration inside Thailand allow that and any travel then requires a re-entry permit and application requires you apply and return one month later which might be a problem working outside Thailand. You are aware you can not work in Thailand? And that income coming into Thailand is subject to Thai tax if remitted in year earned?

Visa cost is based on baht 1,000 baht per transit/tourist entry and 2,000 baht per single entry non immigrant. Multi entry non immigrant is 5,000 baht.

Thanks All