Cordless Waterpik

mallmagician

As I'm currently going through substantial dental work, I would like to buy a Waterpik having seen a thread on TV about them. I had never come across them before.

As my bathroom has no electric point, id like to buy a cordless Waterpik if possible.

Does anyone know where to go for the cordless variety in Chiang mai?

Also, an indication of price would be great. Thanks.

The Thai distributor is Conice & they have a shop on Th Sripoom on the inside of the moat. If you go to their website you can see their range & prices. This is at www.waterpikthailand.com. Hope this helps.jap.gif

Cordless sounds good but will probably need to fill every time. They also do a brush attachment now on one of the models. Been using a Severin for a few years and still works well. Tested it out once by flossing and brushing first before using it and was surprised by the amount of gunk it dug out right after. I also bung a sea salt, bicarbonate soda mix in the tank. The pump's a bit noisy, though, but defo recommend getting one whatever the make.

I picked up a cordless one, the new model at conice. Bigger reservoir than the older model, but a big price tag to boot.

It's on charge now, and will try it this eve.

I have a number of crowns going on, so this seems the best option for after care.

Thanks all.

The cordless ones are great for travel. The reservoirs are smaller but easy to cope with.

The one thing to be careful is dropping one of these units. Mine hit the floor once and the pump got dysfunctional in a hurry. They replaced it under warranty but take all of 5 weeks to get it back.

The other issue with the cordless ones is less control over water pressure.

Once you get used to using a waterpik then it' really hard to go back to just a brush and floss. Night and day when it comes to hygiene.

How much did you pay out of interest? I've had a look online, and amazon UK are selling the WP450 for £35, whilst on waterpikthailand.com its nearly 3 times that price..... I'd be tempted to wait until family come over later in the year at that price!

What are the major differences between the FLW220-UK which sells online here for 820B and the other two wireless ones which seem to be considerably more?

I have a number of crowns going on, so this seems the best option for after care.

Defo the best thing to have for those with crowns as crap gets up inside the gumline a lot easier than regular teeth. Squirt away. ;)

The cheap thing is a power flosser with no water. Basically a small jigsaw:-) I paid 5100 for my one. Yes, I could get itcheaper but it would be without the easy warranty and a long wait. :-)

Anyone into business could easily import and sell in Thailand online for a much better price with a healthy margin.

I'm happy though. So much time saved. :-)

The cheap thing is a power flosser with no water. Basically a small jigsaw:-) I paid 5100 for my one. Yes, I could get it cheaper but it would be without the easy warranty and a long wait. :-)

Anyone into business could easily import and sell in Thailand online for a much better price with a healthy margin.

I'm happy though. So much time saved. :-)

Exactly what I was thinking, and having not been to a dentist in over 10 years, its probably best I invest in something like this sooner and have the warranty. I'll haggle them down to 5000B with a cheeky smile.

The cheap power flosser is a no go, my teeth need something like those pressure sprays you get for cleaning your patio. Maybe I'll leave out the cheeky smile. :bah: