Collecting Old License Plates

Im not 100% sure but i think its unlegal , i wanted one of my own to play with in Falangland but only way to get a plate was to steal one for me wife´s couin said and i didnt want a stolen one with me if i was stopped at the airport!

Maby they have simular rules as in some other countries , if the car isnt taxed and insured authorities claim the plates back or you will be fined.

No? unsure.gif

If you are here,you can get one from a reputable Breakers Yard.Just get a Write Off Cert Copy, no worries at Customs, they may wonder why you want it.:ermm::D

All plates are supposed to be returned to DLT when derigester.

However in plate shops illegal plates without the seal in lower right corner are sold

You can also loose your own plates, report police, have new reg number stamped in book and plates issued by DLT at approx 1000 baht (635 baht for bike). If you find your old plates again, I have not seen it required to return them to DLT, as they are no longer listed.

If you are here,you can get one from a reputable Breakers Yard.Just get a Write Off Cert Copy, no worries at Customs, they may wonder why you want it.:ermm::D

However in plate shops illegal plates without the seal in lower right corner are sold

You can also loose your own plates, report police, have new reg number stamped in book and plates issued by DLT at approx 1000 baht (635 baht for bike). If you find your old plates again, I have not seen it required to return them to DLT, as they are no longer listed.

So I can do similar to Johnny Cash and his Factory Cadillac.

Just go up to the Folsom Prison Plate Factory and get it at a discount. :D

Thanks for the help and ideas guys.

edited due to my typo's

Edited by KimoMax

So I can do similar to Johnny Cash and his Factory Cadillac.

Just go up to the Folsom Prison Plate Factory and get it at a discount. :D

Thanks for the help and ideas guys.

edited due to my typo's

Theres a Black Market for Wreck Plates, for use on Stolen Vehicles here.Now Thats hard to belive :whistling:

Kept original motorcycle temporary Red Plates off two bikes I previously bought simply by paying bike shop 200 thb for them at the time I was upgrading to the original white plates. For the small baht deal think these red plates look hip hanging on the shop wall.