ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Fair enough...

Man U have had some good runs in the past 4 years in the CL - is it 3 finals and a quarters?

It seems a massive wake up, to get knocked out this early and given the comments on here today it seems it was expected?

You surely need to get in a top CM in January as that seems to be one area you have struggled more than others.

I wouldn't go as far as saying going out this early was expected, but winning the competition, or even getting to the final, i don't think was. And when the squad is thin, as it has increasingly become, the silver-lining of going out now, rather than later, is avoiding more injuries such as the crucial one we were hit with last night. Anyway, that's just me - always looking for the positives.

You are right though, it is a wake-up call (and not our first of the season), and you are also right, we need to strengthen... but then who doesn't, besides the league leaders?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now where's the liverpool in decline thread hiding???

We've been in decline for 20 years, but still managed to pick up a few trophys along the way.

Bar the CL, we would happily swap all of them for one league title. Every red I know is extremely jealous of uniteds success these last 20 years.

Still think as a club its all coming to an end for united. The likes of city will only get stronger, the levels of debt that the glazers have made will eventually catch up with you. And of course the day the alcoholic retires....

Liverpool will still be waiting for a title in 20 years. Not really arsed anymore, its just nice having Kenny back. I'm more concerned about the 96 getting the justice they deserve. Only then as a club can we move on.

We've been in decline for 20 years, but still managed to pick up a few trophys along the way.

Bar the CL, we would happily swap all of them for one league title. Every red I know is extremely jealous of uniteds success these last 20 years.

Still think as a club its all coming to an end for united. The likes of city will only get stronger, the levels of debt that the glazers have made will eventually catch up with you. And of course the day the alcoholic retires....

Liverpool will still be waiting for a title in 20 years. Not really arsed anymore, its just nice having Kenny back. I'm more concerned about the 96 getting the justice they deserve. Only then as a club can we move on.

Interesting. You should go onto the Liverpool thread if you want to see delusion in full flow. Apparently they're all deliriously happy with the way Kennys managing things, playing great football and deserve to be 3rd. rolleyes.gif

Interesting. You should go onto the Liverpool thread if you want to see delusion in full flow. Apparently they're all deliriously happy with the way Kennys managing things, playing great football and deserve to be 3rd. rolleyes.gif

I'm puzzled by the lack of passion regarding this issue of then supposed to be third at this juncture. Maybe there will be a protest at the next match...

third_place_tshirt-p235848512049608732zvqbp_400.jpg

There you go then jimbo.

Predictions for sunday?

Agreed there is a transition going on. I do think that Ferguson is going to have to spend to plug a few gaps though to maintain a challenge. You biggest nightmare imho was losing Vidic. He would have held things together at the back. Rio's always crocked and theres huge pressure on very young players

There you go then jimbo.

Predictions for sunday?

Agreed there is a transition going on. I do think that Ferguson is going to have to spend to plug a few gaps though to maintain a challenge. You biggest nightmare imho was losing Vidic. He would have held things together at the back. Rio's always crocked and theres huge pressure on very young players

It could be very ugly as I mentioned on our own thread...we must be a bookies worst nightmare, 5-0 5-0 2-3 0-3 : who knows what team will show up at the moment.

There you go then jimbo.

Predictions for sunday?

It could be very ugly as I mentioned on our own thread...we must be a bookies worst nightmare, 5-0 5-0 2-3 0-3 : who knows what team will show up at the moment.

Giggs Park Berbatov please. wai.gif

Why u want city to win smokes? I was gonna nominate you for spurs mod and red for utd mod to balance out the city and arse power mongers on here, but that lil comment means carmine gets my vote.

By the way, is it true arry won more with portsmouth than he he has at spurs?

Why u want city to win smokes? I was gonna nominate you for spurs mod and red for utd mod to balance out the city and arse power mongers on here, but that lil comment means carmine gets my vote.

By the way, is it true arry won more with portsmouth than he he has at spurs?

Carmine can have it mate. Proper Park Lane pal. jap.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I was gonna nominate you for spurs mod and red for utd mod to balance out the city and arse power mongers on here, but that lil comment means carmine gets my vote.

just saw this...

u talking about me james? :rolleyes:

I petition the MODS (biased as they may be whistling.gif) to close this topic with immediate effect and replace it with Liverpool / Arsenal / Chelsea - take your pick.

Clearly our record speaks for itself, we have been in decline the past 6 years apparently with only XX trophies won.

To help get things rolling, I will start a new topic - called - "The Best before Clubs" where we can talk about those once great teams (so I heard) that have done sweet FA in the last XX years.

(TOPIC CLOSED)

Can u prove that he is still alive?

Using that logic I should start one about city then....as tv members can never ever quit apparently, it will last forever. Guess its time to go further up the food chain. Migsy, you there? wink.png

Well if you (or anyone else) didn't bump it, it would go out of sight. It's not rocket science.

I can confirm he is no more. I shot him dead on the 29th Dec 2011 and his last dying words were "please ask mods to close that stupid thread i started about ManU in decline as its continued existence will only serve to smear the memory of me, by exposing, as it so surely does, my woeful lack of football understanding".

I can confirm he is no more. I shot him dead on the 29th Dec 2011 and his last dying words were "please ask mods to close that stupid thread i started about ManU in decline as its continued existence will only serve to smear the memory of me, by exposing, as it so surely does, my woeful lack of football understanding".

My advice would be to buy another bullet.

Ok I did some digging and have come up with the following information.

Since the OP of the Man Utd in Decline Thread in 2005 season..

Manchester United

League:

2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11 4

Carling

2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10 3

Community Shield

2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 4

Champions League 1

Club World Cup 1

Total: 13

Others Chelsea, LP, Arsenal

League

2005–06, 2009–10 2 Chelsea

FA Cup

2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10 3 Chelsea

2005-06 1 Liverpool

Carling

2006–07 1 Chelsea

Community Shield

2009 1 Chelsea

2006 1 Liverpool

Total: 9

Conclusion: This topic is inaccurate and should be closed immediately. Failing that, it should be renamed the Arsenal in Decline Thread.

Conclusion: This topic is inaccurate and should be closed immediately. Failing that, it should be renamed the Arsenal in Decline Thread.

Sorry james. The OP specifically stated the "next ten years". We have only completed 4 full seasons and have therefore 6 more to go until we can see if United did indeed decline.

Conclusion. Topic will not be closed. As it seems to be only you who is complaining, why do you keep on bumping it?

Sorry james. The OP specifically stated the "next ten years". We have only completed 4 full seasons and have therefore 6 more to go until we can see if United did indeed decline.

Conclusion. Topic will not be closed. As it seems to be only you who is complaining, why do you keep on bumping it?

Fine, perhaps it's time to play the same game then. Clearly was a troll thread to begin with and has been proven to be so - almost 6-7 years later, despite some wishful thinking on the OP's part.

One might think that the stats above prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that if anything, over the last 6 years sinced that OP was made, we have been on the rise and keeping it open serves what purpose?

If you choose to leave it until 10 years has passed I guess that means you value the input of someone who started a topic 6 years ago but never appears here in the footy forum from what I can tell over your current users.

Fair enough - send me a PM when this topic has reached its expiry date. Until then, enjoy your football forum.