ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

James, a vast amount of posts on this particular forum are about football banter and is Moderated more loosely than other forums. Something which I hope continues for a long while yet. This thread has run for circa 5 years and 33 pages, without it getting "out of hand" and no warnings given. Indeed, many man united fans have contributed to the banter. Take the humour as it is intended.

Putting aside the business of closing it on the grounds of it being trolling, since there was already in existence a dedicated thread to the topic of all things Manchester United, the comments of the OP should simply have been moved into the Man United thread on the basis that there was no reason to start a new thread.

For whatever reason, that didn't happen, but nothing to stop this thread now being merged into the main United thread. That would seem fairest for all concerned.

No problem with people wanting to bash United, but having a dedicated bash United thread takes it a bit too far. Not of course that i expect my opinion to make an iota of difference. Just saying...

Putting aside the business of closing it on the grounds of it being trolling, since there was already in existence a dedicated thread to the topic of all things Manchester United, the comments of the OP should simply have been moved into the Man United thread on the basis that there was no reason to start a new thread.

Rix, this thread was started circa 10 months before the Man United thread. Maybe I should merge that with this. That was an atempt at humour BTW.

Seriously though, I'm at a loss on this one. I don't know why this has all of a sudden become an issue. However, in view of my decision may seem to be bias (which it isn't) I'm going to toss it over to Jockstar and M1G to decide it's fate.

Well i think my most recent post offers a perfectly sound question worthy of discussion. i think it is particularily relevent due to Fergusons age and Utd being the most successful English league team of the last 20 years.

Or is it paranoia, over sensitivity of a sense of humour failure?

The nerves are fraying mrboj. Close the decline threads and we can concentrate all our piss taking on the Man Yoo and Arsenal ones!

You forgot to name Chelsea. Are you suggesting they are an irrelevent little club with a vile captain? biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

The nerves are fraying mrboj. Close the decline threads and we can concentrate all our piss taking on the Man Yoo and Arsenal ones!

You forgot to name Chelsea. Are you suggesting they are an irrelevent little club with a vile captain? biggrin.png

wink.pngrolleyes.gif Repugnant carmine. A marriage made in the old second division.

wink.pngrolleyes.gif Repugnant carmine. A marriage made in the old second division.

Similar club to the scammers i reckon. Oh Josephine!!!!!!!!!

Similar club to the scammers i reckon. Oh Josephine!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they might make their inaugural in their new stadium in the Championship after relegation next year. Oh well....

Edit: Should have read "rented new stadium". Sorry about that Josephine. I'm not really you know. Have you sold the old ground to make way for MSingh's new corner shop?

Rix, this thread was started circa 10 months before the Man United thread. Maybe I should merge that with this. That was an atempt at humour BTW.

Seriously though, I'm at a loss on this one. I don't know why this has all of a sudden become an issue. However, in view of my decision may seem to be bias (which it isn't) I'm going to toss it over to Jockstar and M1G to decide it's fate.

Fair comment. No big deal. Yeah i think keeping it open is perhaps a little inflammatory and unfair on United supporters, but at the end of the day, we're all big boys here, and anyway, one should always remember, most bashing comes from a jealous place.

Bash away chaps. wai.gif

Fair comment. No big deal. Yeah i think keeping it open is perhaps a little inflammatory and unfair on United supporters, but at the end of the day, we're all big boys here, and anyway, one should always remember, most bashing comes from a jealous place.

Bash away chaps. wai.gif

This thread has just become way too sensible.

Since the big boss(George) doesn't want us to merge threads then I can't do that. But I'm inclined to leave this open. I see no reason to close a thread which is just banter and hasn't stepped over the line.

Cheers Jockstar. Meanwhile i have sent a PM to mrboj's old mate from bredbury. Hopefully he will update us with his thoughts on Man Yoo's decline soon...

I believe the 'issue' has come up cos jamesy started another 'in decline' thread and I called it trollish

Simple cos I think 'he' did just cos there's a Manu in decline thread so thought others should have one too.

I talked about closing it but didn't. Cos honestly I really don't care what anyone says about arsenal :D

Still my best team :D and the best team I know :D

I believe the 'issue' has come up cos jamesy started another 'in decline' thread and I called it trollish

Simple cos I think 'he' did just cos there's a Manu in decline thread so thought others should have one too.

I talked about closing it but didn't. Cos honestly I really don't care what anyone says about arsenal biggrin.png

Still my best team biggrin.png and the best team I know biggrin.png

Its all your fault you know and now James is in the huff. Whatcha gonna do about it eh? rolleyes.gif

What's good for the goose, as they say.

Well I haven't closed that other thread have I

;)

Nor am I gonna spit the dummy about it either.

Not like you lot don't give me' enough grief on arsenal thread already. What diff does it make if u wanna spread it thin and take some to a second thread :whistling:

Well I haven't closed that other thread have I

wink.png

Nor am I gonna spit the dummy about it either.

Not like you lot don't give me' enough grief on arsenal thread already. What diff does it make if u wanna spread it thin and take some to a second thread whistling.gif

Look at it this way migs, at least your in decline thread spreads the bashing over three teams. Could be worse - could be a dedicated Arsenal bashing thread.

And u think that's gonna faze me in the slightest?

Do I look like I care what others say about my team?

:D

Could be worse - could be a dedicated Arsenal bashing thread.

Lol u saying that doesn't already happen on the current arsenal thread?

Could be worse - could be a dedicated Arsenal bashing thread.

Lol u saying that doesn't already happen on the current arsenal thread?

Course it does but point was, there isn't a dedicated thread with the sole purpose of bashing one team. Well of course with one exception.

Go ahead then

U can do an arsenal thread if u want ;)

I don't care either way ;)

For years I used my arsenal thread talking to myself anyway

No reason why I can't choose to ignore whichever other thread I think are crap :D

And for the record I never posted on this thread until jamesy started his sour grape thread :whistling:

Go ahead then

U can do an arsenal thread if u want wink.png

I don't care either way wink.png

I already stated migsy, that for my taste, having a thread dedicated to bashing one singled out club, just about crosses the line of what is fair, and is unnecessary as threads already exist on clubs where one can go to, to do ones bashing. No need for dedicated bash threads for any club, be it Man United or be it Arsenal, or be it any other club. So no, i won't be starting a bash Arsenal thread.