ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Well I kind of look at it as being slightly worse than losing RVP and being told not to worry, we already signed his replacement........................

Kenwyn Jones.

Lets see how deep the depths of mire are that United are now about to dredge through.cheesy.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I kind of look at it as being slightly worse than losing RVP and being told not to worry, we already signed his replacement........................

Kenwyn Jones.

Lets see how deep the depths of mire are that United are now about to dredge through.:cheesy:

I think you live in hope

So it seems Moyes is going to be the new boss. Can't help thinking he's going to be out of his depth. Time will tell but one things for sure, stormy waters ahead.

Theres a chill wind blowing.......

Whats happened to Mr Ed?

Edited by carmine

So it seems Moyes is going to be the new boss. Can't help thinking he's going to be out of his depth.

Moyes is certainly a very good manager, certainly one of the best in the country, with very good man manager skills and consistently gets the most out of his players.

As a Man U supporter my biggest concern is will the real world class players want to come and play for him? With his record within the game SAF has an aura about him worldwide, Moyes does not.

SAF has been able to go after truly 'top class players' while Moyes has generally had to settle for their 'understudies'. I just hope he can step up to the next level with all the extra pressures that involves.

Amazing that all of a sudden Moyes is one of the best managers in the country. Don't remember too many Reds mentioning that in the past. I've no problem with fans getting behind their manager but he hasn't even been appointed yet and it just seems that you are all trying to "big" him up to dull the pain.

Amazing that all of a sudden Moyes is one of the best managers in the country. Don't remember too many Reds mentioning that in the past. I've no problem with fans getting behind their manager but he hasn't even been appointed yet and it just seems that you are all trying to "big" him up to dull the pain.

He won the egg and spoon race three years running!

I fact....Moyes is a decent manager....whether he has the tactical nous will have to be seen....

I think Man U can forget about Ronaldo for this year. United have lost their best asset and I think players may wait for the dust to settle before committing.

Maybe the change won't mean much but I think you will be hard to find a rival supporter not rubbing their hands with glee over this.

If Alex was there next year anything other than a top 2 finish would be what was expected. Has this changed?

Just making a note in the diary...................... 9th May Moyes gets appointed, very happy. Now the decline starts.

In all seriousness, how much time are the board/fans going to give him?

I see a long and turbulant season ahead. Welcome to reality gentlemen.

If United are lucky, they will be scrapping for 4th with Spurs.

This will seperate the men from the boys!!! How I wish the next 3 months would fly by!!laugh.png

Don't know Jack, but what i do know is, he'll be given more time and support than he would be given at any other top club. United have just come of the back of a glorious couple of decades that would not have ever been possible, that would not have ever happened, were it not for the club taking a long term approach, and were it not for the club ignoring the calls that came along once every couple of years throughout SAF's stewardship, for him to be axed because of some poor results, because "he was past it", because "the club was in decline".

Why should we listen now, to all of this chortling, to all of this "sage advice" we are getting, about how crap Moyes is going to be, about how we are doomed, about how he'll be out in a few months, about how the decline really does start now(yes they said it hundreds of times before, but now apparently they really mean it!)?

Other clubs can do things their way. We'll do things our way.

Don't know Jack, but what i do know is, he'll be given more time and support than he would be given at any other top club. United have just come of the back of a glorious couple of decades that would not have ever been possible, that would not have ever happened, were it not for the club taking a long term approach, and were it not for the club ignoring the calls that came along once every couple of years throughout SAF's stewardship, for him to be axed because of some poor results, because "he was past it", because "the club was in decline".

Why should we listen now, to all of this chortling, to all of this "sage advice" we are getting, about how crap Moyes is going to be, about how we are doomed, about how he'll be out in a few months, about how the decline really does start now(yes they said it hundreds of times before, but now apparently they really mean it!)?

Other clubs can do things their way. We'll do things our way.

Thats one way of looking at it but i can't remember Fergusons ever being in question after Robbins saved his job initially with that cup final goal. I think the club and fans owe a debt to Robbins that can never be paid. It was imho the Robbins goal that taught Utd the value of long term appointments and without the cup final win Utd's managerial record over the past 25 years would probably be no different to most other clubs.

Anyway regardless they did keep him and the trophies speak volumes for the decision however it came about.

Also you have to think who was actually available to take over....

Guardiola already commited to Bayern,Mourinho almost certain to return to Chelsea.

That leaves the likes of Laudrup,Di Matteo,Clarke,Martinez or Klopp who would be just as big,or an even bigger,gamble than Moyes.

Mourinho would almost certainly bring short term success but if there was a season where United were lying fourth or fifth he'd be off,the same as at his other clubs.......but good for Chelsea as they will have two or three good years ahead.

^ It was Lee Martin that scored in the final replay. Robbins scored in the 3rd round v Forest....

Yes it was HD, but i think Robbins goal at Forrest was the important one, if we had gone out in the 3rd round when the fans was startiung to get on fergies back the board might have sacked Fergie.

Guardiola already commited to Bayern,Mourinho almost certain to return to Chelsea.

That leaves the likes of Laudrup,Di Matteo,Clarke,Martinez or Klopp who would be just as big,or an even bigger,gamble than Moyes.

Mourinho would almost certainly bring short term success but if there was a season where United were lying fourth or fifth he'd be off,the same as at his other clubs.......but good for Chelsea as they will have two or three good years ahead.

not really sure how klopp would be. he's won the bundesliga twice with unfancied dortmund and has them in the european cup final this season. rather more than moyes has done.

^ It was Lee Martin that scored in the final replay. Robbins scored in the 3rd round v Forest....

Yes it was HD, but i think Robbins goal at Forrest was the important one, if we had gone out in the 3rd round when the fans was startiung to get on fergies back the board might have sacked Fergie.

They had been on his back for some time, nev. It was almost at breaking point.

The fact the board stuck with Fergie obviously paid dividends, but that was then.... this is now. Football has changed. No way will ANY manager from ANY club in todays day and age, have the time that Fergie was allowed. Especially when you consider United are now PLC. Its a sad way that football has changed in this way, but I just do not see Moyes being given the time. Short of RVP, they have no world class players. The reason they performed the way they did was purely down to Fergie.

The whole team needs a revamp. Ferdinand and Evra are past it. Vidic, well lets see if he can get through a season injury free. Rafael too inconsistent. So a settled back line needs to be found.

Rooney is done. As are Nani and Andersen. Giggs and Scholes are history. Cleverley hasnt progressed as others had hoped. Valencia too inconsistent.

So that leaves Kagawa.

I think Fergie has got out at the best time, because you will see all the holes appearing next season.

And I applaud the United fans for their getting behind Moyes, because I believe that deep inside, each and every one of them is deeply gutted.

Edited by JacknDanny

not really sure how klopp would be. he's won the bundesliga twice with unfancied dortmund and has them in the european cup final this season. rather more than moyes has done.

Dortmund have an 80000 seater stadium and top four in Germany consistently. I don't think its fair to compare them with Everton.

Dortmund have an 80000 seater stadium and top four in Germany consistently. I don't think its fair to compare them with Everton.

i wasn't. i was saying that klopp would be less of a gamble than moyes. who has never won anything and has spent ten years at a ground made of wood.

i wasn't. i was saying that klopp would be less of a gamble than moyes. who has never won anything and has spent ten years at a ground made of wood.

I think i've already said they should have gone for Klopp. Maybe they did, maybe he turned them down?

Eitherway i can't see where the big risk would be. He's elevated Dortmund to the highest level in european football with huge budget playing attractive football. He's won two domestic titles already as you say.

He was a no brainer for me.

The "pain" of losing SAF is balanced with the reality that nothing and no-one lasts forever,I started watching MU the season they brought Denis Law back from Torino so I feel knowledgeable enough to put my opinion forward-I have been championing David Moyes,s management skills and football nouse for the last couple of years,as no doubt SAF has also-to have done the job that he has done with limited funds at Everton is testimony-in my opinion-to his outstanding ability as a manager and he deserves the opportunity he has been given,of course having money to spend also brings its problems-only time will tell? but for me he was a shoe-in to follow the greatest manager in British football history,thank you SAF for making the past 26 years so eventfull and exciting for everyone connected with this great club-to the ABU,s cling to the hope that he may fail-sad so and so,s smile.png

36 years of bitter hatred at what was going on "over the road" MUFC have history/class-something most other clubs can only dream about whistling.gif

Edited by petermik