• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

**bump**

Wouldn't it be better to just contribute something?thumbsup.gif

something like...why was Shinji totally anonymous against a side that doesn't stick the boot in and would let him play? Is Rooney really fit or is Moyes playing him out of desperation? Should we sympathize with Moyes because Ferguson left at just the right time and handed him a team that was tipping into decline/transition? Is Ferguson slightly culpable in the current swing of things?

All would be better to hear from a Man Utd fans perspective rather than the likes of most of you hiding awaybiggrin.png

Oh wait a minute, were all ABU's aren't we and nobody likes you......

Moyes is done, lads!!

Did you see his reaction when United scored the equaliser?? Nothing... no smile, no fist clenched, he just sat there arms folded, in his own world as if to say " <deleted> am I doing here? This job is one step too far"

One of the newspapers today stated......

Now it's getting serious. Now, David Moyes's difficult first season at Manchester United is developing into a full-blown crisis, a train-wreck of a campaign that just seems to lurch from bad to worse.

Consider these statistics. Sir Alex Ferguson went out of the FA Cup at the third round stage just once in his 27 years at the club.

The Barclays Premier League champions and record 11-time cup winners have lost at Old Trafford five times this season, including four of their last six at home. Before Sunday, Swansea had never won here, going back 10 games and 82 years.

I think that choice of words " TRAIN WRECK", describes United perfectly at the moment!!cheesy.gif

Moyes is done, lads!!

Did you see his reaction when United scored the equaliser?? Nothing... no smile, no fist clenched, he just sat there arms folded, in his own world as if to say " <deleted> am I doing here? This job is one step too far"

Now it's getting serious. Now, David Moyes's difficult first season at Manchester United is developing into a full-blown crisis, a train-wreck of a campaign that just seems to lurch from bad to worse.

Consider these statistics. Sir Alex Ferguson went out of the FA Cup at the third round stage just once in his 27 years at the club.

The Barclays Premier League champions and record 11-time cup winners have lost at Old Trafford five times this season, including four of their last six at home. Before Sunday, Swansea had never won here, going back 10 games and 82 years.

I think that choice of words " TRAIN WRECK", describes United perfectly at the moment!!cheesy.gif

And apparently i am obsessed because i kept trying to get them to understand that it was all over the moment ferguson retired. They seem to have a bizarre notion that the success had something to do with Manchester United itself and not almost entirely the management of ferguson or so it seems. It certainly would have helped to have appointed a new manger that had actually won something and successfully competed at the highest level of european football. i think Moyes is relatively blameless in the scheme of things. How could he turn the job down? However, his tenure is going exactly how many of us expected and i'm doubtful my anticipated 6/7th place will keep his job unless theres a really good run in the CL. Thats highly unlikely unless he keeps drawing duff teams of which there are few.

Ferguson made mistakes the same as everyone. Its entirely fair to say he's made one appointing Moyes without some clown suggesting that i was claiming to know more about football than Ferguson himself!

Moyes is done, lads!!

And apparently i am obsessed because i kept trying to get them to understand that it was all over the moment ferguson retired. They seem to have a bizarre notion that the success had something to do with Manchester United itself and not almost entirely the management of ferguson or so it seems. It certainly would have helped to have appointed a new manger that had actually won something and successfully competed at the highest level of european football. i think Moyes is relatively blameless in the scheme of things. How could he turn the job down? However, his tenure is going exactly how many of us expected and i'm doubtful my anticipated 6/7th place will keep his job unless theres a really good run in the CL. Thats highly unlikely unless he keeps drawing duff teams of which there are few.

Ferguson made mistakes the same as everyone. Its entirely fair to say he's made one appointing Moyes without some clown suggesting that i was claiming to know more about football than Ferguson himself!

Love him or loathe him, Ferguson was a great manager. And he is a smart guy. He knew that last year he had, at best, an average team. The reason they won the league is because he lit up RVP, and got above average performances out of below average players.

He got out at the right time FOR HIM.!! He knew he was leaving behind an average, ageing squad, that had no chance of doing anything in the forseeable future. The problem was accelerated by bringing in a manager who has never won anything, who then bought a mop- headed bully who cant play football.

Long may this comedy of errors continue.

Stability, stability, stability!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Moyes is done, lads!!

Love him or loathe him, Ferguson was a great manager. And he is a smart guy. He knew that last year he had, at best, an average team. The reason they won the league is because he lit up RVP, and got above average performances out of below average players.

He got out at the right time FOR HIM.!! He knew he was leaving behind an average, ageing squad, that had no chance of doing anything in the forseeable future. The problem was accelerated by bringing in a manager who has never won anything, who then bought a mop- headed bully who cant play football.

How Sad Jack coffee1.gif Well below your standard, lets wait and see thank you smile.png

BT biggrin.png

Moyes is done, lads!!

How Sad Jack coffee1.gif Well below your standard, lets wait and see thank you smile.png

BT biggrin.png

I am being serious!!

In todays day and age, there is no 'wait and see'...... sad but true.

Maybe Fergie knew the Glazers were not going to be forthcoming with any money and so Moyes, who has got by on a shoestring in the past, would be a good fit.

But I honestly believe he is in over his head and I believe it is only a matter of time before it ends for him.

Remember a lot of United fans, maybe not you, but those in their 20s and 30s have only ever known a United team under Ferguson, winning things. Maybe guys my age would be a bit more patient, but I believe the vast majority of Unite fans will be up in arms very soon.

For me, this is kind of payback, when I had to put up with the p!ss takes off United fans when you were good and we were sh!techeesy.gif . Thankfully those days are long gone. Have to wait for the next cycle.

Not hiding but busy with the farms and the home hobby farm and renovating the house and looking after the little one, and trying to stay awake at nights to watch the football.

All i will add Moyes looked lost last night.

We will stick by him until he is sacked or gets things right, sadly i think the he will be gone before the end of the season unless he starts to put results together.

Was there when we was in the 2nd division and will still be there what ever the future holds, will some of the jcl.s who have attached themselves to the club, we will have to wait and see, but the hardcore fans will always be there, and they will back the manager as i will.

[

All would be better to hear from a Man Utd fans perspective rather than the likes of most of you hiding awaybiggrin.png

With regards this particular thread carmine, you may or may not have noticed that when we are winning, this place is quiet and deserted. Not a soul in sight. Then the moment we start losing, a sudden flurry of excitable posts from all the usual suspects.

Perhaps some United supporters are of the mind, why rush here when we lose, if the usual suspects aren't ever inclined to rush here when we win? Just a thought...

[

With regards this particular thread carmine, you may or may not have noticed that when we are winning, this place is quiet and deserted. Not a soul in sight. Then the moment we start losing, a sudden flurry of excitable posts from all the usual suspects.

Perhaps some United supporters are of the mind, why rush here when we lose, if the usual suspects aren't ever inclined to rush here when we win? Just a thought...

I only ever been a "concerned neutral" when it comes to this thread. But obviously you can understand the amusement when United fans talk of stability and trusting in Moyes being successful longterm, pushing for the title, don't count us out for a title challenge, we'll win the title when its so obvious to everyone else the wheels are off and its gone tits up!! i think they've been spending too much time on the Spurs thread obsessing about AVB and have lost sight of the big picture at Old Trafford.

Its unlikely United will finish higher than 6/7th at best unless they achieve something never before seen in premier league history having lost 6 of their initial 20 games. Now despite the absurd stuff written about stability and he'll be here for the long haul, if history is maintained and you won't even qualify for europe wouldn't you say he'll be gone in the summer? I would.

[

I only ever been a "concerned neutral" when it comes to this thread. But obviously you can understand the amusement when United fans talk of stability and trusting in Moyes being successful longterm, pushing for the title, don't count us out for a title challenge, we'll win the title when its so obvious to everyone else the wheels are off and its gone tits up!! i think they've been spending too much time on the Spurs thread obsessing about AVB and have lost sight of the big picture at Old Trafford.

Its unlikely United will finish higher than 6/7th at best unless they achieve something never before seen in premier league history having lost 6 of their initial 20 games. Now despite the absurd stuff written about stability and he'll be here for the long haul, if history is maintained and you won't even qualify for europe wouldn't you say he'll be gone in the summer? I would.

Not much more to say mate besides, “time will tell".

Not hiding but busy with the farms and the home hobby farm and renovating the house and looking after the little one, and trying to stay awake at nights to watch the football.

We will stick by him until he is sacked or gets things right, sadly i think the he will be gone before the end of the season unless he starts to put results together.

Was there when we was in the 2nd division and will still be there what ever the future holds, will some of the jcl.s who have attached themselves to the club, we will have to wait and see, but the hardcore fans will always be there, and they will back the manager as i will.

not being funny, but can united actually afford to sack him? six year contract, whole new backroom team - sacking them and replacing them would cost united upwards of £50m or something silly wouldn't it?

not being funny, but can united actually afford to sack him? six year contract, whole new backroom team - sacking them and replacing them would cost united upwards of £50m or something silly wouldn't it?

You are probably right there stevie, offering a 6 year contract in this day and age is stupid, our stingy owners will think of there money before the club.

makes you wonder what their exit strategy is nev, if they even have one. having put the club on the new york stock exchange they can't enjoy seeing the value of the club plummet due to results on the pitch. assuming they intended selling for a hefty profit like.

Stolen from another forum,

In 1988 Liverpool won the title by 9 points.

In 1989 Liverpool lost the title on goal difference courtesy of a last minute goal by their nearest challengers.

In 1990 Liverpool strolled to yet another league title.

In 1991 Liverpool employed a Scottish manager to replace their previous, highly successful, Scottish manager.

Liverpool have now gone over 23 years since winning a title.

In 2011 United won the title by 9 points.

In 2012 United lost the title on goal difference courtesy of a last minute goal by their nearest challengers.

In 2013 United strolled to yet another league title.

In 2013 United employed a Scottish manager to replace their previous, highly successful, Scottish manager.

Welcome to the Theatre of Broken Dreams......... :-)

5 men sitting in a bar: Mr. Wenger, Mr. Mourinho, Mr. Rodgers, Mr. Moyes and Mr. Martinez.

The first round of beers was on Mourinho, he bought a Portuguese beer for of the others. The second round was on Martinez, he bought everybody a San Miguel. The third round was on Wenger, he bought everybody a glass of red wine. The fourth round was on Rodgers, he bought a pint to the guys, except for Moyes.

Then Mr. Moyes said; Hey guys what about my pint...?

Rodgers looked at him and said "Sorry David, this is the fourth round, and you are not in it."

5 men sitting in a bar: Mr. Wenger, Mr. Mourinho, Mr. Rodgers, Mr. Moyes and Mr. Martinez.

The first round of beers was on Mourinho, he bought a Portuguese beer for of the others. The second round was on Martinez, he bought everybody a San Miguel. The third round was on Wenger, he bought everybody a glass of red wine. The fourth round was on Rodgers, he bought a pint to the guys, except for Moyes.

Rodgers looked at him and said "Sorry David, this is the fourth round, and you are not in it."

Deary me. Don't give up the day job mate.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

mate, well as we've played this season and shit as they've been they're still not that far behind us. i'm dead wary of pissing on their grave still. they're not dead yet. much as moyes might be trying to make it so.

I wouldn't think they are daft enough to pay them the entire length of their contracts.

Its only the FA and Chelsea that can afford to do that.

Moyes relatively blameless in the current scheme of things ??

Not quite sure about that one.........Fellaini for 27.5m and which clown gave the go ahead for Nani to get a new 5 year contract ?

Fellaini is indeed looking like a bad mistake, although i don't think his cause has been helped by the position he has been asked to play in. If he is going to be played,it should be in the same position he played at Everton.

Regards Nani and his new contract, i think we are all hoping it was simply an attempt, most likely in vain, at pushing up his market value a few bob. I may be wrong though. Nani seemed to be Sir Alex's guilty pleasure. Perhaps he is Moyes' too.

Edited by rixalex

Not quite sure about that one.........Fellaini for 27.5m and which clown gave the go ahead for Nani to get a new 5 year contract ?

I would also suspect that it was Moyes decision to get rid of the coaching staff who worked for SAF. To me, therein lies a huge proportion of where things are going wrong. I'm not saying a new manager shouldn't bring in guys he knows, Pellegrini brought in a brand new coaching staff with the exception of Brian Kidd but those you are bringing in should at least be better than those who they are replacing.

I would also suspect that it was Moyes decision to get rid of the coaching staff who worked for SAF. To me, therein lies a huge proportion of where things are going wrong. I'm not saying a new manager shouldn't bring in guys he knows, Pellegrini brought in a brand new coaching staff with the exception of Brian Kidd but those you are bringing in should at least be better than those who they are replacing.

Nail on the head there mate, that is one of the major problems i can see.