Farang Wearing Lining Trousers..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its certainly part of the Thanon Ko San culture, and Ko Phang An. It is kind of cringe worthy watching a farang walking down Ko San in bare feet, burnt to a crisp, no top on, and a pair of linen fisher pants on...They spend their days sitting in guest house bars watching movies, and talk about how they are into the Thai culture "man" and love Bangkok, and you think, but you have only been in a 1 square KM area of a 1700 km metro area of Bangkok ;)

Edited by RedFxTrade

It's one of the things that The Great Unwashed seem to think looks cool, when in fact they look like complete tossers.

Im no backpacker and i wear them a lot. Usually in and around the house or when i go fishing. I would not wear them if i was going out.

It's one of the things that The Great Unwashed seem to think looks cool, when in fact they look like complete tossers.

Im no backpacker and i wear them a lot. Usually in and around the house or when i go fishing. I would not wear them if i was going out.

And there's nothing wrong with that, but wearing them out and thinking it's cool - that's a different matter.

And there's nothing wrong with that, but wearing them out and thinking it's cool - that's a different matter.

The one time l went to Pattaya, saw a bloke in a Linen suit, to go with it had long dyed black hair and goatee beard, matching shirt undone to the waist and the biggest chain and medallion l have ever seen, But give him his due, brought a smile to many faces. :rolleyes:

When i first moved to Thailand i wore them all the time, they were comfortable and not too hot. Once i properly acclimatized i never wore them again. I think most people look like muppets when they wear them but if there comfortable why should I care?

I think they're called fisherman pants right? They certainly look comfortable but also look too much like excess curtain material.

Yeah, reminds me of mc hammer; hammer time :lol:

So you go prancing around singing "Can't touch this" ? :lol:

Got curious enough to Google 'linen trousers'. Wonder which of the thousands of styles and models, OP and others find it offensive that farang men wear?

The ones that are dripping in Maple syrup :ph34r:

Got curious enough to Google 'linen trousers'. Wonder which of the thousands of styles and models, OP and others find it offensive that farang men wear?

Yes, and the banana pancakes in the pockets are a real give away. :huh:

Yes, and the banana pancakes in the pockets are a real give away. :huh:

:o

Please,.... if everybody would pay attention and just do as they are bloody well told by the easily offended and terminally bored on here, then we wouldn't have anymore "do as I tell you cos I know best in the whole world" posts anymore now would we.

CONFORM CONFORM ph34r.gif