So, I had just noticed a strange withdrawal from my account a few days ago for 500 baht.

Because the code beside that particular transaction said "ATM 09001", immediately i thought the account had been accessed illegally.

So, I used the online chat function (thumbs up service BTW) and after a parody of the usual confusion, she tells me this was a yearly service fee taken out by the bank for the web card.

Has anybody ever come accross this?

I guess im just asking for verification, as this is the strange part...after i told her the initial information about the transaction she said i should suspend the card, but when i asked her if she could look into the suspicious transaction she tells me it was a service charge :huh:

thinking logically id imagine there would have been a lot more gone missing if it were accessed illegally :rolleyes:

SO, if you should see 500 baht dissapear from your Kasikorn dont be alarmed ;)

Yeah ! At Kasikorn I have baht taken out each year for the ATM card, they do tell you that when you open an account.

Oh ok, i can't recall being told that when i opened the account... but being LOS, these things sometimes get lost in translation :rolleyes:

The thing that got me was the code for the transaction "ATM 09001"..to the untrained eye it looks like your account has been accessed at an ATM..

Why would they use that code for a bank charge is beyond me :huh:

Thanks anyway Kwasaki, im relieved to have confirmation that someone was'nt helping themselves

It costs you 500 baht yearly for a kasokorn ATM card fee?

Sounds high to me

Mine gets deducted auto from my account roo. Can't remember how much but last I looked (3 years ago!) it was 200 baht. And that's already more expensive than normal ATM fees. (it's the visa debit card - was the hype 5 or 6 yrs ago. Sounded like a good idea at the time. Now I use it just as a normal ATM but never bothered to change to cheaper card)

Surely fees haven't gone up by more than double in 3 years??? Gee

I used my kasikorn card for the first time in a year the other week and before it gave me any money it asked if I agree a 500 bht charge for the card it was the first I'd heard of it and have sinced realized this is a yearly on going charge

Sounds high to me

Mine gets deducted auto from my account roo. Can't remember how much but last I looked (3 years ago!) it was 200 baht. And that's already more expensive than normal ATM fees. (it's the visa debit card - was the hype 5 or 6 yrs ago. Sounded like a good idea at the time. Now I use it just as a normal ATM but never bothered to change to cheaper card)

:whistling:Bangkok Bank 200bt year.:)

Sounds high to me

OP said it was a web card, not ATM. I take it there is a difference?

jb1

Sounds high to me

jb1

Actually they call it "K-web shopping card".....You do have to apply/register online or at a branch to have it added onto your existing account.

The concept and wording is a bit confusing as you dont actually get any special card in addition, just another tab is added onto the bottom of your online banking page.

It seems to me like all they are doing is enabling the Visa feature, allowing online purchases, but using a debit system thats drawn from the funds already in your account.

I only got mine so i could pay for my Air asia flights in Baht rather than being ripped off by Aussie banks conversion rates. As far as i can see if you dont have this feature you cannot pay bills online,only the certain companies that kasikorn has links to in its system.

Sounds high to me

Actually MiG, you will probably not be suprised at this..

My visa card, through ANZ (austrlalian bank) charges AU$48 per year for the privelege. Granted they have a small awards program but these accounts give you NO interest and probably charge around 25% interest if you owe them money.

Not bad huh..:o

Thats over 1500 baht a year, on top of a range of other fees and government taxes :realangry:

According the Kasikorn website there is no annual fee for the web based card, I certainly have never paid a fee for mine.

Their regular debit card has an annual fee of 200 Baht, and their K-Max Debit Card has an annual fee of 500 Baht.

According the Kasikorn website there is no annual fee for the web based card, I certainly have never paid a fee for mine.

Their regular debit card has an annual fee of 200 Baht, and their K-Max Debit Card has an annual fee of 500 Baht.

Ok, thats handy to know..

Are you able to do online purchases with yours?

If so, it would make me wonder what is the differance between the two

Sounds high to me

Yes 500 bht per year it's the K- Max Debit card as someone has already mentioned, I think it's more because it's a Visa card.

You do not have to have it if you do not wish to.

A funny thing is I keep two atm cards BkBk and Kas' as sod's law sometimes one of the machines isn't working in the village, went yesterday and they both weren't working.:annoyed:

Edited by Kwasaki

Yes 500 bht per year it's the K- Max Debit card as someone has already mentioned, I think it's more because it's a Visa card.

They are both Visa Cards, the K-Max costs a tad more because there is a small insurance element included.

Ok, thats handy to know..

Are you able to do online purchases with yours?

If so, it would make me wonder what is the differance between the two

As I said to another poster the K-Max has an insurance element hence the higher price, but it's otherwise a regular debit card.

When I got my regular debit card I was advised that it couldn't be used on-line, so I registered for the shopping card which can, though it cannot be used to purchase airline tickets where the carrier wants sight of the actual card, such as Qatar.

I have noticed that you can now register your Debit Card to enable you to use it on-line, you have to register for the service via a Kasikorn ATM machine and when it's set up you have to go down the One Time Password route, I haven't done this yet, but it seems pretty straightforward. http://www.kasikornb...ngbyKDebit.aspx

Edited by theoldgit