Border Crossing

chuang

Hi there, if I cross the thai border from Mae Sai to Tachilek Burma for some shoppings..and when I cross back to Thailand the same day, how many days would the thai immigration allow me to stay in Thailand...is it 15 days or 30 days...thanks

Assuming you do not have a visa then it would be 15 days, as it is with all land borders.

What if I have a 60-days tourist visa?

And how bout border crossing to Laos, will it be 15 days or 30 days?

> What if I have a 60-days tourist visa?

If you have a valid entry left on your visa (not used, and not expired) you will get 60 days of course. If not, you will get 15 days on -any- land border. You will get 30 days if you fly into Thailand from outside the country.

> What if I have a 60-days tourist visa?

If you have a valid entry left on your visa (not used, and not expired) you will get 60 days of course. If not, you will get 15 days on -any- land border. You will get 30 days if you fly into Thailand from outside the country.

Hi Jdietz, meaning to say, before my 60-days end, I just do border crossing and I will get another 60 days?

Hi Jdietz, meaning to say, before my 60-days end, I just do border crossing and I will get another 60 days?

No,

To get 60 days you need a valid visa. Which can be:

- A Shiny new, unused visa, not yet expired (check use before date on it)

- An unused entry on a double or triple-entry tourist visa, also not yet expired.

If you have used a visa entry you can't use it again, so you need to get a new one.

If you enter without a valid visa entry, you get 15 days. (depending on nationality, but usually 15)

Be advised you can extend your current 60 days entry by another 30 days by visiting immigration, without leaving the country.